1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Player Assessment] Jalen Green

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dankstronaut, Apr 1, 2023.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That would be the lazy approach to build around one single guy.

But to tell you the truth with this mediocre front office I doubt that very much that they can make a legitimate contender with 2-3 All Star caliber players.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  2. OremLK

OremLK Member

They will have to luck into landing a tremendous coach for that to happen. If they play it safe with a Nurse, Udoka type I don't know if the player development will be good enough.

Easiest route to a championship would be to get Wemby and hope he stays healthy and is as good as they say. But good luck banking on a 1 in 7 chance. "Pray for Victor" lol

daywalker02 likes this.
  3. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Green probably going to score tons in the NBA, if he stays rocket which would be cool, maybe he could work on his defense.

He probably avg around 25 a game but regress once vets and other players demand the ball or score.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Anyone can score in this NBA - scoring is the easiest thing with all these ticky tack fouls etc.

It is being an all around player that is hard.

DD

astros123 likes this.
  5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Why you sound so offended when completing Green lol?

Where you one of the fans who really wanted Mobley or something?

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

lolol

OremLK likes this.
  7. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sorry for the necro bump but enough with the "Franchise Player" threads, we need more tempered expectations for ALL of our players. Realistically, what is Jalen's floor as a player at this point? Jordan Clarkson? Kelly Oubre? Everyone seems to think he needs to become a "superstar" or he's worthless. I'm hoping he lives up to his potential, but he could still be a positive contributor on a winning team even as just a "very good" player, IMO.

Dankstronaut likes this.
  8. Old School74

Old School74 Member
    Supporting Member

He is a coachable young prospect! Just like Sengun, Jabari, Tari, Amen and Cam. That's it! We should just enjoy watching them before boxing them into one way or another. Thats my take

plegus, deb4rockets and kubli9 like this.
  9. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I mean, I think you can safely say he's at least as good as Clarkson/Oubre. So yeah I guess this is his floor, but that's a career that never took the next step. I do believe age 23 is a better benchmark than 3rd professional season when discussing the time frame of when a player ascends to star levels. It was always going to take his entire rookie contract to develop and properly project his career.

That said, he's struggling. He's got the coach to hold him accountable, that's been clear. He's got the veterans and better players around him. He's just not delivering on his end, not often enough.

And with that said, I'm also not ready to give up on the guy.

kubli9 likes this.