1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

[Player Assessment] Alperen Sengun

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dankstronaut, Mar 10, 2023.

1. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

This shows Sengun is BETTER with heavy minutes. Against the notion that he gets gassed easy and loses effectiveness.

2. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

If he could understand that, he would understand that taking 50% more shots to produce 25% more points is not something good. Or Sengun making more assists than Kpj in January when he was injured was an obvious sign that Sengun is a much better playmaker (and again this is a center with no playmaking history, or no practice with the team in that role producing instantly better than KPJ). Or he would understand that KPJ is not a starter, or a reliable piece in a playoff team just by watching the games.

There is a common pattern in KPJ stans not being able to understand basic concepts in basketball and being impressed by a 20/6/6 stat line, not being able to tell how much of it comes from getting an extended role that players of that level do not get usually or ever.

3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

eurobasket23 likes this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

it was not a personal attack...just a fact of life and a reality....and a cordial advice i would have given anybody...

in reality it's the same argument yall use against alpi ie big man cant play pg or 'slowfooted' man cant play defense

fat man brains cant be trusted in decision making, as proven by constantly choosing the excessive amount and wrong sort of food and the wrong amount of physical activities.... their brain is literately tired of carrying all that fat around so it gives a distorted picture of reality....

so yeah he needs to eat some real food and hit the gym...and you need to go learn some basketball and science

HardenReturns and eurobasket23 like this.
  5. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

15 efficient points and solid defense is far superior to KPJ's 20/6/6 with bad defense.

Defense is half the possessions. It's what all NBA players do with half of the time they're on the court. If you suck HALF THE TIME you're on the court, it's a severe disadvantage same as not being able to receive the ball in any way on offense. The only way to suck that bad is to not care at all. If you are not talented but give a respectable effort, you will not be that bad plain and simple.

Rebounds are comparatively the least important box stat after steals. Everything else is more important (points, assists, FTA, blocks, FG%, 3P%). So f*ck his 6 rebounds and f*ck his 6/3.3 asst/to ratio too.

Stop taking mid range shots, stop wasting time on the clock and start playing defense. No one doubts his known talents, he just needs to become a useful teammate to the 4 other people on the floor. Especially now, he needs to take a backseat to Jabari/Green/Sengun but his ego can't help it, if he shares the ball a little bit he starts getting anxious about being loved.

Next season can't come soon enough, can't wait to see some limits and accountability put on such role players.

AlperenSengun and HardenReturns like this.
  6. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

With the emergence of Jabari, Sengun's role is diminishing and will soon be obsolete. His PR team on the internet are slowly running outta excuses

7. eurobasket23

eurobasket23 Member

As his function declines, he'll have more time to spend with his hater's btch mama

HardenReturns and Ankara1923 like this.
  8. HardenReturns

HardenReturns Member

You're a hypocrite. You had no problem with the username until he teabagged you with facts.
    If attacking usernames is your last resort, you're already pregnant with quadruplets.

9. HardenReturns

HardenReturns Member

While I concur with you on the whole, I'd like to point out that steals and rebounds can not be less important than blocks.
    A steal or a rebound means you gain possession of the ball. In case of a steal or a defensive rebound, this means a potential 4-pt swing.
    A block, on the other hand, is not a guaranteed possession. I don't know how many times the opponents scored because no teammate ever picked up the ball after a Sengun block.

subtomic likes this.
  10. HardenReturns

HardenReturns Member

Oh you poor innocent baby...
    18 points on 6-17 shots, 2-7 3-pt.ers, 4-8 FT.s... Yeah, Bari's emerging fast!

eurobasket23 and Ankara1923 like this.
  11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

there is a "common pattern" within the SOF circle jerk that a baby hook offense no matter how efficient is somehow going to take the league by storm! Is Alperen Sengun the only 7 footer that can make a baby hook from 3 feet? He's the only one who seems to use it as frequently while he watches his contemporaries stretch defenses and defend at high levels and his team fall behind while opponents use the 3 pointer as a weapon. He'd be a hell of a lot more valuable and impactful if he would have molded his game around the current C archetype vs reminiscing about the Golden Age of post play. When you cant shoot from outside of 10 feet max you're just not a game changer in 2023 no matter what team you play for.

(Did I do that right @eurobasket23 :p)

Dankstronaut and topfive like this.
  12. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Jabari Smith had the highest +/- of anyone on the court. Sengun was -3. Can you explain that?

maj21 likes this.
  13. HardenReturns

HardenReturns Member

I don't give a fk, but just for the sake of kicking it around I can say the +/- has been shot down several times as a reliable stat when Alpi had the team best.

14. eurobasket23

eurobasket23 Member

I think that by looking at the things he can do, he can overcome minor problems by working..

If he doesn't work & stays the same, he may even be out of the nba in 1-2 years.

so he knows , he is the one who will lose millions of dollars ..

I think he and his manager understand basketball as much as we do.

or do we know everything best at the keyboard

HardenReturns likes this.
  15. eurobasket23

eurobasket23 Member

jabari had the worst +/- & fg in whole season
    sengun was generally above avarege in the team

but first rule of trollism you see what you want to see

16. maj21

maj21 Member

Bc he’s limited and we’re gonna be better once we trade him. Clogs the middle of floor and can’t guard his own shadow.

rocketchamp likes this.
  17. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Lol. NOW +/- stats don't matter? I love how the Sengun cult bombard you with all these advanced analytics, then say it doesn't matter when Sengun isn't playing his best. The Rockets had their best win of the year against Boston with Sengun not playing. Can you explain how that happened?

18. maypk

maypk Member

[​IMG]

Sengun haters should make up their minds about that +/- stuff already. Personally i don't think it's a good stat to evaluate a player's performance.

But you kinda look stupid when you try to prove your Anti-Sengun point with +/- stats since he has the best +/- among starters this season.

AroundTheWorld and HardenReturns like this.
  19. eurobasket23

eurobasket23 Member

pts 3rd
    fg% 2nd
    reb 1st
    ast 2nd
    blk 1st
    stl 2nd
    +/- 1st

end this mf 7/24 talking sht about alp-i
    never mind them , they are attention whores

20. maypk

maypk Member

A few posters like you is the reason why some Rockets fans view Sengun so negatively, you were already banned once and apparently you are back with a new account, i have to put you on ignore and i'd appreciate if you don't interact with my posts. Good day.

charlieaustin likes this.