1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Played Ball w/ Matt Maloney Yesterday...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by F.D. Khan, Feb 17, 2006.

1. F.D. Khan

F.D. Khan Contributing Member

He plays once in a while at various 24hr fitness sports and i've played with him a few times. The guys is still (though he's gained some weight) a dead eye shooter even with two guys in his face. I think he missed one three pointer the whole night and it was like he wasn't even trying.

It was half court so I kept trying to get them to play full because our team was smaller and we actually beat them a few times.

2. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

I blame Maloney for 9/11, Watergate, Iran-Contra, Communism in Cuba and the Lincoln assassination.

Then again, I may have listened to too much sports radio in late 90's.

3. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Maloney does not get enough credit for how well he played against the Sonics in the 1997 playoffs, especially the games in Seattle. And then he hit the biggest shot in Game 7.

4. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

Here's an oddity, if you look up Maloney on basketballreference.com, the top two layers listed under "Similar Players" is Rafer Alston and Mike James. No lie.

5. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Maloney was a good reserve, and fit in well with the Hakeem/Clyde post-up offense. All he had to do was sit there and hit open 3's. I don't know what the hell CD was thinking giving him a 6 year deal though.

6. bottlerocket

bottlerocket Member

Curious why he still resides in Houston.
    I figured he hightail it out of here.

7. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

I've seen him out with some incredible women.

8. droxford

droxford Member

Rich guys like having no state income tax. And it's a big city that's quite affordable to live in.

Climate sucks donkey balls.

9. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

Millions of dollars will do that for you... :D

10. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

is he still out playing for $20 bucks at local ymca's ? :D

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I saw him at memorial city mall back when he still played. I ran to a card shop and bought a head shot of him that I got signed. Wow I cant believe I cared that much...