1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Play GM - What Would You Do?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Moonscope, Feb 20, 2014.

?

What Trades Do You Do

1. Rondo

13 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Rondo/Bass

14 vote(s)
    26.9%
  3. Rondo/Green

12 vote(s)
    23.1%
  4. Deng

11 vote(s)
    21.2%
  5. Milsap (Tjones)

8 vote(s)
    15.4%
  6. Milsap (Pick)

16 vote(s)
    30.8%
  7. Illyasova/Knight (Lin/Tjones)

8 vote(s)
    15.4%
  8. Illyasova/Knight (Lin/DMo)

12 vote(s)
    23.1%
  9. Hawes

8 vote(s)
    15.4%
  10. Hawes/Young

10 vote(s)
    19.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

Here are the 6 deals that currently sit on your table, what do you move on, which do you leave?

Rules are:
    - You can't select 2 trades that trade the same player
    - You can select 0, 1 or more trades
    - Fill out the poll as per your trade actions
    - Post the trade number and your predicted lineup post-trade.
    - Give reasons why you chose what you chose (optional)
    - Doing nothing is a valid move

1) Rondo for Parsons, Lin (you played hard ball and included no picks if you had to include Parsons)

2) Rondo/Bass for Asik/Lin/TJones/2014 1st Rounder (You avoided trading Parsons, well done, but you did have to trade TJones)

3) Rondo/Green for Asik/Lin/Parsons (you played hard ball and included no picks if you had to include Parsons)

4) Deng for Asik/Brewer

5) Milsap for Asik/Tjones

6) Milsap for Asik/2014 1st Round Pick

7) Illyasova/Knight for Lin/TJones

8) Illyasova/Knight for Lin/DMo

9) Hawes for Asik

10) Hawes/Young for Asik/Brewer/Casspi

2. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Definetly scenario 2. It seems the only thing holding this deal back is whether or not to include Parsons, and the difference between Jones and Bass is marginal if not an upgrade. The only concern with this is bench scoring lost by giving up Lin, but Rondo's aren't available that often.

3. FeaR

FeaR Member

I would hire Morey to do the job for me.

4. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I'd do 2, 6, or 10.

#4 ItsMyFault, Feb 20, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  5. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

I'd go just 6. Milsap for asik/pick = TJones and Dmo off the bench and a kick arse starting 4 who just became and all star.

6. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

I'll do 2. I would also do a separate trade to get a backup C maybe Turiaf or something with the improvement of DMO I think he can play backup 5.Also try to get a scoring 2-Gaurd cause personally unless Garcia pulls it together he is ass. Parsons could play 4 since he is so versatile could you imagine him pump faking on slow and big 4's he could get to the rack or dish it out and do what he wants in that space,I also think he is capable of defending 4's since he is quick and tall and he seems strong,also he would have Howard behind him to cover him.

Roll out with a startling lineup of.

Bev/Lin
    Harden/Garcia
    Deng/Casspi
    Parsons/Jones
    Howard/DMO

7. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

ooops meant to say option 4 not 2. Why dont we have a edit button? loool

8. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Lebron or bust

9. Raven

Raven Member

As I have said in other threads, because the Rockets are red hot, because they have a nice win streak, because, outside of Assik, the team appears to have great chemistry, I would not touch the starting five, nor would I trade any guys in the rotation. I would use Assik, or second round picks, to strengthen the bench, including a backup for Dwight if Assik is traded, also a shoot and athletic defender. That's it. No Rondo. No big shake ups, just steady as she goes.

10. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I picked Hawes / Young.
    Losing Casspi is no worse than losing a decent bench player, losing Brewer is kind of like not losing anyone. Both Hawes and Young are quality NBA players. The Rockets could use Hawes 3pt shot and Thad's defense.

I really like Rondo but I'm not sure about losing Parsons.CP25 is so consistently good and last season he raised his game in the play offs. I keep going back and forth on this one though.

11. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Not dreamy enough. If you made a Parsons or Lebron poll, I'd bet the former would still get more votes.

1 person likes this.
  12. OremLK

OremLK Member

I would probably go after Luol Deng and insert him into the starting lineup (30mpg). Put Parsons on the bench, but still give him 30mpg.

Lin/Bev
    Harden/Lin/Deng
    Deng/Parsons
    Jones/Parsons/Dmo
    Howard/Dmo/Smith

13. makio9

makio9 Member

You'd be crazy not trading T Jones for Millsap wouldn't you? I'd do that one and Rondo straight up. Parsons, you're replaceable. Rondo, you're next to impossible to get.

This is a business after all, right Mr Morey? I'm not being loyal to Parsons. He made a rookie mistake by being loyal to the team. I love him but the Rockets don't owe him anything!

14. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

I am not trading Chandler Parsons under any realistic circumstance (no, we won't get Lebron or Durant for him). I won't get rid of Jones unless Aldridge or Love are coming to us.

Asik and a first round pick for Milsap is the deal I would take.

15. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I definitely wouldn't move Parsons right now. He's too valuable to this team, and I don't see anyone out there who's available who can fill the void his departure would leave behind.

Asik I'd try to move, preferably for a 2-3 guy who can defend and knock down the outside shot. But otherwise that's about it. I don't like the idea of trading T-Jones unless a really good player is involved. He could be really good in a year or two if we hang onto him.

16. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Hawes for Asik.

Anytime you can trade an unhappy player for a contract year player you do it.

17. JamalP.

JamalP. Member

Ill go 8 wouldnt mind seeing Ilyasova play a toni kukoc type of role....interesting

18. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I'd stay put.

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

I'd go on CF and boast about my true identity.

20. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Where's the "None of the above" choice ?!

I'd look to make a smaller move to upgrade Casspi / Garcia while not disrupting the roster all that much.

While Garcia & Brooks cant be traded without their accepting the deal , they still have plenty of assets in Casspi , Canaan , Greg Smith , Brewer and Covington to use as moving parts while not drastically changing the makeup of the team.