1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Plashke LA Times not happy with Artest

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by phishphreak, Jul 3, 2009.

1. WilliamGCash

WilliamGCash Member

Plashke is an idiot....

2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

BEST two lines of any sports write up this year:

lmao. i love ron, but i have a feeling we will love ariza just as much.

3. ed_tx

ed_tx Contributing Member

I totally agree. If Yao were healthy this season, then having Artest would be a great thing. Yao took the pressure off of Artest and he played much better with Yao in the game. However, once Yao went down in the playoffs, Artest showed some of his weaknesses.

That being said, I thought Artest did a great job during his short tenure with the Rockets and I wish him well. As for Ariza, I'm psyched to get him and I'm pretty sure he will become a quick fan favorite

4. DrJB25

DrJB25 Member

My god. I never heard anyone whine so much in my life

5. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

[​IMG]

6. 1RocketMac11

1RocketMac11 Member

not really a dream...anyone can drop 30 on artest, just call for a pick and roll, and artest will refuse to fight through it.

i dunno bout all u guys, but this was a good article. there's no way artest is a better fit on the lakers, when compared to ariza. it's not even close. artest will make them worse, he's a horrible defender and too inefficient an offensive player to fully succeed on an already championship team...

they may still win the chip..but it's not because artest took em to some level..they'd win it with him or not..

7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

artest is going to beat the **** out of kobe lol

8. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ba...t=Auc60c0RhfC_.LN24YbLpZK8vLYF?urn=nba,174475

Here's another rant..

9. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I think Artest could hurt the Lakers because he's going to take shots away from Kobe i have no doubt about it ...when during crunch time when he gets the ball, he's going to think he's part of the big 3 and will jack up shots which usually clank off the rim. And if he play against Houston, he's going to try to drive inside relentlessly and get blocked by Yao.

10. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

plashke is a cynic......magic got vince varter, rasheed is gonna join cle/bost/san antonio..........spurs already got jefferson

and LA's move would've been to keep ariza?? half the time all these writers are complaining "ohh lakers think they're too cool for school, they take it easy and just rely on talent to carry on them, all this garbage about desire"

well ron's intensity will change that

11. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

and that's fine, if ron helps win another championship then i'll be happy for him.

this was a move that benefited both teams going in different directions.

12. justafriend

justafriend Member

C'mon man, you're putting Bill Douchke in your sig? Limitless ceiling my ass, he doesn't have the body control or handles to become a good scorer, much less a great one.