1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Planned Parenthood Director caught on tape selling aborted baby parts

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Commodore, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Shorter <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/PlannedParenthood?src=hash">#PlannedParenthood</a>:

fetuses aren't viable, but their organs are</p>&mdash; anne (@amr033) <a href="https://twitter.com/amr033/status/621032822195752960">July 14, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. Remii

Remii Member

You can scientifically justify baby killing all you want. But what about all of this illegal money they are making with their side business when they have their hands out to the government for money and or can't keep their facilities up to specifications...

Abortions aren't going anywhere so shouldn't the discussion be about what are they doing with the $540 million a year they are making...?

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's not lava till it reaches the surface thus lava and magma are totally different.

1 person likes this.
  4. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Under your logic we should execute every convicted felon in our prisons. After all, we would have fewer human beings who, at least, have had a chance to be flawed.

5. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

You don't use logic, apparently. How the hell did you get this from what I posted? LOL

It's hilarious to see the "analogies" that come from the anti-abortion crowd...

6. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

I'm thinking that Baba is glad he wasn't aborted. Just sayin.

7. thumbs

You said, "I want fewer human beings." I just assumed each of the convicted prisoners to whom I alluded had been born.

8. Baba Booey

I am not pro-genocide, if that's what you are asking.

I am pro-abortion. There is a big difference as long as you're not a crazy person.

9. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

brilliant.

10. thumbs

Genocide -- the deliberate killing of a large group of people, especially those of a particular ethnic group or nation.

Sounds like you are okay with making war on babies. To achieve that same end, why not use that same logic to eliminate our prison problem?

11. Baba Booey

Round and round we go...

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Here's the full video if you're not into propaganda/hit-pieces.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/H4UjIM9B9KQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not into propaganda and hit-pieces?? Bosh! Flimshaw!

[​IMG]

14. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Gee, I wonder what snopes.com has to say about it...

hmmm...

15. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Fetal tissue has been "viable" since the 1930s.

It was the basis of the eradication of polio. ("Human fetal kidney cells were used to develop the polio vaccine")

Vaccines for rubella and varicella "some vaccines such as rubella and varicella
    [were] made from human cell line cultures, and
    some of these cell lines originated from aborted
    fetal tissue. These vaccines have effectively
    eradicated a major source of child morbidity in the U.S".

Potential treatment for Parkinson's, Type I diabetes, spinal cord injuries--

If you have had a child in the last few decades or plan to do so in the next few, you will have benefitted immensely from legal abortions and the fetal tissue research that it has enabled, legal abortions that were safer for the woman in question and which provided for scientific opportunity that would have gone to waste otherwise.

[​IMG]

how's this for a soundbyte: there is nothing in that video, edited or unedited that clearly shows what is happening is illegal

You want to strip Planned Parenthood of federal funding because they are part of a legal medical process that has saved millions of lives? Good luck with that. Your line of argumentation will have to involve more than moral suasion if you want to change the law.

#35 Northside Storm, Jul 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
  16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

1 person likes this.
  17. cml750

cml750 Member

What if your parents felt the same way?????

18. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

They would be exercising responsible family planning.

19. cml750

cml750 Member

So murdering babies is family planning????:confused:

#39 cml750, Jul 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
  20. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

Infanticide is killing babies and I don't have a problem seeing the difference between that and abortion. As I've said in these threads before, my mother had an abortion at 19, 4 years before she had me. Had she not had an abortion, it's very unlikely me or my sister would had ever been born.

To believe the world has too many children (as Baby Booey said) and make a responsible effort not to have any in the first place is ideal, but unfortunately peak fertility doesn't line up so well with the onset of wisdom. I don't believe anyone has a right to tell people what to do with their bodies, and until a fetus comes to term, is quite literally a part of the mother. No one should have to like it, but it's also no one's business but hers.

My sister, incidentally, got pregnant at 15 and despite the persistence of some members of my family (a father mostly, concerned about having a melanin-rich grandchild) carried my niece to full-term. And raised her, and dealt with the awkward shame of being "that girl" in high school. It all worked out in the end...my niece is a sophmore in college and is a well-adjusted human being, and I don't second guess that decision either. It very well could have gone differently and I would have supported my sister no mater what she did.

Either way, it's much easier to make those decisions for others than it is to bear the responsibility of living with the consequences of what another human being has to endure, be it raising a child you are ill-equipped for, placing it for adoption and having that guilt for the rest of you life, or getting an abortion. I don't think that choice is easy to make and I sure as hell don't consider myself the moral vanguard to make it for someone else.

1 person likes this.