1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Places to live in East Houston.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Chamillionaire, Nov 4, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

If your friend has kids, then the Deer Park suggestion is a good one. I grew up there. It's your typical soulless suburb, but it's not a terrible option if you're limited to that part of town. Personally though there's no way in hell I'd live there again (or any suburb) unless I have kids. If they are willing to spend a bit more and have a commute, then The Heights is pretty much my favorite area in Houston.

2. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I won't down the east side.

I will say almost no professionals, especially young professionals, that work on that side of town actually live on that side of town.

A lot of folks stay in Summerwood area.

3. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

If he goes to Lee or Horace Mann they'll probably be shot off anyways.

4. peterrkim

peterrkim Contributing Member

i work off clinton and market in east houston, live in rice military near memorial park.

25 minutes is the most i drive if there is quite a bit traffic, though that rarely is the case.

5. Raven

Raven Member

Something else, everything on the east side is ugly, depressingly so. I'm talking "warriors come out to play" ugly. Of everything mentioned, Clear Lake might be tolerable, but that whole area is really starting to go ripe, and there's no way that I'd buy a home there.

Note, there are websites that let you see crime rates and home prices for any zip code that you are interested in.

6. CCorn

CCorn Member

Bump. And I see my tasteless joke.

Just got promoted at work and am receiving a sales territory from i10 east at beltway to out in the woods east as far as I want to go.

I'm currently in league city, and the commute isn't too bad, but in a few months I'd like to live closer to my area.

Is Baytown my only option out there?

I'm 23

7. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

This man speaks the truth. I live in Northshore also.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Deer Park? It's at least a little closer than LC.

Don't know much about it, but the high school has a nice auditorium. So that's something.

9. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Pasadena, Baytown, Clear Lake, Pearland.

Just saw this was a bump for 2 years ago.

#49 LCAhmed, Sep 26, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  10. MexAmercnMoose

Summerwood is a good option, close to the beltway....grew up in northshore, its not that bad, typical neighborhood, then again i guess most of the posters here grew up in nice suburbs so they're a little scared of going to the east side

11. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Ha, noticed my comment at the top of this page. And of course 2 years later, I'm back in the burbs (Clear Lake). However, I do have a kid now, so it's OK :).

If you are 23 and single I would not move to Deer Park. However if you're ok with League City as it is, then you're not going to be losing a whole lot. It's a typical suburb. I'd definitely live in Deer Park over Baytown or La Porte though.

12. macho87

macho87 Member

I live hear in Pine Trails aka Crime Trails and it sucks. But we have a new chipotle and jc penny's so F all yall haters!

But seriously, it sucks and ill be moving to the medical center area with my girlfriend as soon as my son is born.

13. CCorn

CCorn Member

I want to avoid Houston traffic at all cost, and living closer to I-10 outside the loop is the goal. I have 2 accounts by 610/ i10 but that's it inside of beltway.

14. CCorn

CCorn Member

I can't stand living in league city ha. Been stuck here since I finished college though because of my job situation. But now I know where I'll be so I can move.

15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Don't do it east Houston is Ghetto.

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I grew up by broadway, telephone, navigation, willow creek apts, village green apts... My elementary had only two black kids. You never saw a new store or anything. Wonder if they built anything new now.

17. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

This is how it's done. If you work or don't work downtown, live next to downtown and commute to work. I do the same and I laugh every morning and evening going 80 on the freeway while the opposite direction is a parking lot

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It's been evolving just like the Heights. Property prices have soared. The yuppies are building.

19. DwightHoward13

I would not recommend living anywhere in East Houston. The southern suburbs are really good places to live and would not be a long commute: Friendswood, League City/Clear Lake

20. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

I grew up in Crime Trails, Hells Trails, etc. too. Nordic Drive on the back-west side. When I left back in '91, we'd hear about 1 gunshot a week. I'll never live in North Shore again. I was supposed to go to San Jac for 2yrs and then transfer to a college..but the group of people I was hangin with were so bad..I knew I needed to get out of there ASAP - thats why I moved to Huntsville to go to SHSU and just took a lot of student loans.

I'd steer clear of the area and live in the Heights & commute. Many of the people I went to HS with moved to Atascocita/Humble and they say even that area is heading south like North Shore did.