1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PJ Tucker traded to Milwaukee

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dockerland, Mar 17, 2021.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

2. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Also, moving to 2023 maybe slightly increases the likelihood the Bucks will have a worse record than in 2022. I think chance of Giannis leaving by then is slim to none, but still kind of seems like maybe they have reached their peak the past 2 seasons and their status as a "real" contender going forward seems like more of a stretch.

3. edwardc

edwardc Member

Not sure about all this glad PJ is going to the east now he gets to face harden and durant on the regular. Now if we can trade off VO and EG things will be great.

chadyang likes this.
  4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Is the 2023rd MIL pick unprotected Bima? Nook said it was protected.

Nook likes this.
  5. Rockets4Life13

It’s unprotected afaik. The 2021 pick swap is 1-9 protected but i think its more than unlikely that they end up in the lottery anyway

saleem likes this.
  6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

It's unprotected.

2022 was unprotected too.

Literally the same exact asset, just a year later.

It was done to free up the 2021 swap.

Nook, jch1911 and saleem like this.
  7. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Ugh, I don’t care what anyone says. I’ll miss Tucker big time.

mightybosstone and ROXTXIA like this.
  8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I'll miss the Tucker who was engaged when Harden was here. Tucker at the end was ready to git.

Rashmon and saleem like this.
  9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I'm still amazed to come in here and see individuals calling this a mediocre trade. I can't wrap my mind around it. It's certainly not a homerun deal, but it's not as terrible as you all make it sound. Hell, I was surprised by @Clutch initial tone on it.

A 35-year old PJ Tucker with an expiring contract was suppose to net what exactly? CF was adamant that at most we would get an SRP out of it and that was it.

We move up a few spots in the 1st round this year, which in the past seems to be nice to have a few extra firsts to combine and make trades in case we are looking to move up. You move the 2022 to a 2023 pick instead. Yeah, it's likely not going to be high, but the foresight of potential high school talent being available is certainly a worthwhile asset to have in the mean time in case it's needed.

We got a solid back-up PG that may or may not be here next week, but we should be able to squeeze an additional asset out of him at some point (unless he gets injured). We take a flyer on some young guy, although to be fair just looking at his stats I'm not as excited as @treyk3 is, in fact, I'm more "meh" about it, but if @treyk3 likes him, I'm in.

Maybe I just try to be positive about most trades.

jiggyfly and BHannes2BHonest like this.
  10. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Then it will still be an upgrade because 2023 will be a better draft. It is when the draft will be packed with both the one and dones and the top highschool prospects.

11. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

The problem with our starting PG is that he is only a part time starter, which makes your your backup PG also a part time starter.

Some here are suggesting that we move Augustine and his salary to the Clippers for a young, controllable prospect and draft capital. As long as Wall can not be a full time starter, the Rockets are going to need 3 playable PGs, so I would be a bit surprised if Augustine is moved this trade deadline. Augustine will be back next year and can be traded at next year's trade deadline, if so desired.

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  12. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I can't keep getting tied to DJ Wilson.

He definitely isn't on my list of guys to watch at this point.

KZ Okpala is the only guy I want to be tied to this season.

I wanted Wilson as a flier to back up Capela because the team needed a stretch 5. I even liked him before getting Wood because I thought he was a cheap option. I'm not certain what he has. Rotting away on a bench for that long can kill one's confidence and I hope he gets it back. I'm excited to see him get a shot but I really am not sure what he'll do.

What I saw in him is these things.
    1) He was 23 at the time.
    2) He had great length
    3) he was shooting well
    4) he was hidden behind Giannis like Wood
    5) He could bring the ball up the floor

2-5 still exist but not everyone is Christian Wood. Not everyone can sit for multiple seasons and keep at it. I hope he ends up being a rotational guy here and he'd be a great 4 next to Wood. He's a good switch defender and has great size for both the 4 and 5. He's probably the closest thing the Rockets have had to a traditional 4 since Patrick Patterson.

hakeem94 and Nook like this.
  13. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Because that's what OKC fans would have said about the picks the got from Houston. If Giannis gets knocked out in the 1st round again there is a very high probability he'll demand a trade. And then what?

14. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Yolo, it is a big deal for us as a rebuilding team...

In 2013 - with the 34th pick - we drafted Isaiah Canaan

the next year in 2014 - with the 25th pick - we drafted Clint Capela

that’s a big opportunity even if it’s only 3 spots, the likelihood of first rounders panning out to be starters or rotational players is much higher than second rounders historically.

steddinotayto likes this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

People just looking for a reason to b****.

No really, you have people who would have rather just outright released him.

Rockets buy him out,... “You couldn’t even get a top 40 protected 2nd round pick? FAIL! Rafael sucks! Tilman sucks!”

These same people will be upset with the Oladipo return/when he doesn’t net two first round picks, when/if he’s traded.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

We trade away 2 of the worst players in the NBA and we hear "We didn't get enough back"......

The fact that garbage like that was even able to be traded in the first place is a mini miracle, Rockets fans are ridiculous sometimes.

hakeem94 and steddinotayto like this.
  17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

And then they say Tilman is cheap even after he just accepted a long term salary for an expiring contract just to get better first-rounders from MIL

hakeem94 and J.R. like this.
  18. treyk3

treyk3 Member

100%

But also, Oladipo won't be traded if it doesn't net at least 1 REAL FRP or an equivalent asset.

The Rockets can keep rehabilitating his image. He plays well next to KPJ and his confidence is going up.

I wouldn't be shocked if he ends up staying in Houston past this year. 3/ $75M would be great.

Maybe we should wait to see if Augustin is still a member of the Rockets once A) the trade finalizes B) next Friday. I wouldn't be shocked to see him moved. In fact, I'd be inclined to say he is traded before Victor.

joshuaao and BHannes2BHonest like this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

The more significant aspect is if the rockets are fortunate enough to find the right guys. rotational players are able to be found in either area. It's not just the late 1st range. With some luck and the right scouting choices is a lot of what it comes down to

20. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

You've tied to him forever when you react like you did in your initial post :D:D:

PJ Tucker traded to Milwaukee

hakeem94 and treyk3 like this.