1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PJ Tucker traded to Milwaukee

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dockerland, Mar 17, 2021.

1. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Do you guys actually think we are going to keep the First Rounder? We are going to move this First Rounder and Portland's First Round to Orlando when we trade Dipo to get Gordon

hakeem94, ramotadab and jch1911 like this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

We traded short and old Tucker for a young 25 year old big drafted in the first round and a solid PG as a backup.

DD

3. Nook

Nook Member

This didn’t happen in a vacuum, the Rockets took on a player on a longer contract to move up a handful of picks.

I don’t really care much about Augustine. We have Wall and Porter and if we are going to add another guard I would rather he be younger and someone that can be a long time fixture.

If the Rockets deal Augustine for assets I will feel very differently.

As for the 2022 compared to the 2023 draft, I have long liked the 2022 draft class but the point about high schoolers are a valid one.

raining threes likes this.
  4. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

And moved up at least 1 spot in this year’s draft.

raining threes likes this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

You and a few other posters have softened my view on this trade. Most of my ire is at people thinking this deal is more than it is... or maybe it is because I have had to travel to 4 states in 3 days and I am loopy.

I will say this, credit to Raffy and Eli for getting creative and finding a deal that could work.

6. Nook

Nook Member

That is certainly possible.

raining threes, Rudyc281 and 18pbr like this.
  7. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I’m also pleased that they didn’t mandate that Tucker go into a TPE for financial reasons. IMO, the best way to look at the trade is sending Tucker and the 2nd to move up into the 1st, and then getting those lotto tickets in exchange for taking the extra year on Augustin’s contract. Will any pan out? I dunno, but I was skeptical on them making a splash in 2021 FA no matter what, so we’ll see. Fingers crossed.

8. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I get it. I personally wish they waited till closer to the deadline. For all the talk of Aldridge, I really feel Tucker is a much more attractive player. Aldridge at this stage in his career is a liability defensively, does not space the floor well, and does not fit into modern offenses that most of the best teams run. PJ is great defensively, all his skills are designed for modern offenses, and is a stretch 4/5.

Nook likes this.
  9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

How are 2nd round picks so valuable? We need alphas on this roster, not filler.

Best 2nd rounders ever:

Manu Ginobli, Marc Gasol, Nikola Jokic, Draymond Green, Toni Kukoc, Maurice Cheeks, Cuttino Mobley, Paul Millsap and Doc Rivers... wow... of all those players I'm only building around one of them: Nikola Jokic.

As for the other 900 second round picks that have come and gone since 1989 (that we're far more likely to get)?

I'll take that 1st round pick, thank you. It is most definitely an improvement no matter how much the negative Nathans tell you. We need a stable of solid contributors and this new set of picks is better than what we had.

10. Nook

Nook Member

Tucker is a better role player. He is still nasty defensively, especially when he doesn’t have to play heavy minutes. He is the type of player elite teams want on the court at the end of games. He is still one of the best at getting key rebounds.

Aldridge will put up bigger numbers but from what I have been told there is a genuine concern he won’t adapt his game and wants his touches and to play his game, just on a really good team.

don grahamleone likes this.
  11. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

All of these players were available at the 26th pick, but not the 33rd.

2013 Roberson, Gobert
    2014 Bogdanovic, Kyle Anderson
    2015 Nance, Osman, Montrez
    2016 Korkmaz, Siakam, Dejounte Murray
    2017 Kuzma, Hart
    2018 Shamet, Robert WIlliams Omari Spellman
    2019. KPJ, Okpala, Nicolas Claxtion

Icehouse, hakeem94, Deuce and 15 others like this.
  12. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Augustine is a good backup point guard who can shoot the 3 pointer. Look at his 3-point percentage? Wall is going to be out soon and our outside shooting is bad right now so we really need him.

hakeem94, jcmoon, Rudyc281 and 2 others like this.
  13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Do you really think so? If that were the case I don’t see how the rox GM wouldn’t do that.

14. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

LOL. AG is not worth two first round picks.

I’d rather draft a couple 19 year olds with those picks, or package them to move up. I trust Stone’s eye for talent.

15. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Most likely not but we didn't think harden would go anywhere.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I think the stone team has a tattoo thay says #nevertradewithmorey.
    Morey is great but a terrible closer in my opinion which is why Philli will get a bunch of "we were close l" " we thought we had the better offer" " they changed their mind last minute and we could not get another deal done" sound familiar?

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

is that list supposed to be impressive or something? But hey lets use your logic. players available well after start of the 2nd round

2013 RoCo, Seth Curry, Dewayne Dedmon (who cf's has been asking for, for awhile), Theis
    2014 Jokic, Jordan Clarkson, Powell, Torrey Craig
    2015 Josh Richardson, Normal Powell, Christian Wood
    2016 Malcolm Brogdon, Caruso, Finney-Smith, Jones Jr., VanVleet, Nwaba, I'll even put house on here since a lot of cf's love him so much
    2017 D. Brooks, monte morris, sterling brown, dotson,
    2018 Mitchell Robinson, Trent Jr., Bruce Brown, melton, shake milton, kendrick Nunn, Duncan Robinson, Tate
    2019 Bol, horton-tucker, Dort, Paschall

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

plenty of people around here did. the rockets were literally getting worse and worse since the conclusion of 2018

Giannis has 0 to do with Harden. The bucks organization actually spend and try to make moves to improve. They move all in when they can. Harden had someone who tried to cut corners and made moves to get worse instead of continuing to compete like the bucks are doing.

And here we are. A team losing 18 in a row and won't be any better anytime soon

19. mikenm268

mikenm268 Member

My point was that Morey is a noted “early 2nd > late 1st” truther. And also, subtly, that he is dead to me now.

slothy420, sydmill and eliefor3 like this.
  20. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

If we trade dipo and 2 fr picks for Gordon then stone needs to be fired at the spot. Ain’t no way we’re giving 2 picks along with dipo for this below average injury prone crap of a player!