1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PJ Tucker, the KEY to a 2018 Title

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 13 in 33, Oct 10, 2017.

1. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

But are you smacked?

joeson332 likes this.
  2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Definition
    Mean Muggin:

[​IMG]
    That's one cold ass stare.

Deuce and Pen15clubber like this.
  3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

djperm, Rocketsfanguy, Deuce and 2 others like this.
  4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

^I can see the jersey number, but I'm sure it's Lin's.

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think we signed PJ Tucker for the exact same reasons, but reasons on the other side of the ball, defense. Ryan Anderson is perfect for pulling out Draymond on offense, this is true. That said, I can think of few crappier defenders for Draymond Green. Draymond Green thrives with passing lanes, initiating action on the top of the key as a primary facilitator. This opens up their entire offense and in my opinion means everything to them.

Now, take Ryan Anderson out of the equation, and smother PJ Tucker into Draymond's curly chest hairs. Those passes are going to be turnovers, off target passes, late passes, etc. Every little inch of discombobulation that Tucker can cause to their PF based initiation is ABSOLUTELY VITAL to beating the Warriors, in my opinion. Anderson's threes mean something, but to me they do not mean as much as having the Chuck Hayes effect on the timing and rhythm of the Warriors. Meanwhile, PJ Tucker can hang out in a corner and still give us reasonable spacing. Not like Anderson, but you gotta remember, Anderson ALONE opens up ALL of their shooters, because he does not impact the vision of Draymond Green in the slightest.

cbs1507 and BigMaloe like this.
  6. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

WTFFFFFFFFFF

can someone explain whats happening here with papanikolaou at 53 seconds

djperm likes this.
  7. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I've watched it 4 times and I can't figure it out.

8. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

so weird and supersede no one picked up on it. took a B line straight for that guy

9. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Isn't papa a jokester?

djperm likes this.
  10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

FIFY

11. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Tucker is going to be our draymond green. I think he'll play most of his minutes at the power foward spot this year.

Draymond green doesn't shoot the three ball any better than tucker and it doesn't effect there offense one bit. I think offensively he can do the exact same stuff green does with the same output.

Green is overrated offensively, he's a good team passer much like dmo was that one year but he's not some guy you can run and offense thru.

I mean it's not that hard to drive in off the pick and roll get in the paint and kick out to shooters in the corner. That's basketball 101. It's just that not many pf can create that action as fast as green because frankly he's really a small foward who can't shoot and is great on d so he can play pf.

Now defensively as good as tucker is and he is good make no mistake, draymond is on another level.

But the offense and rebounding should be similar and I think we should use him a lot in the pf roll screening high and letting him roll to the hoop and create easy corner threes. That was our best play with harden and dmo running it a few years ago now with more options and better players we can run that and many other sets.

This team actually can be better than golden state on offense and it has to be for us to have a shot to beat them.

While I think our defense will be much improved I don't think it will match the warriors.

12. crenshaw

crenshaw Member

i loved how he tried to muscle kanter on defense. man he's bumping off bigs like they were the same size. him and mout are gonna be very very important

djperm likes this.
  13. alethios

alethios Member

Tucker may sucker him into a few technicals too. I can't wait!

djperm and RudyTBag like this.
  14. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I think the key is what it's going to be, a blend of both.

We will absolutely need to score and be able to attack their defense and that's Ryan's value.

But we will have to stop them and match up with draymond defensively and that's Tucker's value.

It will be dictated by in game adjustments who plays and when.

But Ryan is always at his best against gsw and that's because draymond doesn't wanna stand 25 ft out at the 3pt line. And he can't because his rotations, positioning, help defense and rim defense are what makes their defense so great. It's why Ryan is so important

#34 BigMaloe, Oct 10, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    djperm and RudyTBag like this.
  15. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

I think you're underrating Green's vision and passing ability. He's not a great shooter, but he's about as true a point forward as there has ever been and GSW has absolutely run their offense through him in stretches. I love the Tucker signing, but there is a reason that Draymond is considered a top 20 NBA player and it's not just his defense.

Cash Cam likes this.
  16. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Pj fatt Trucker

He will have zhous body by the end of the season. No cardio bruhhh. Steroids only. Cushing watt style.

17. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

what title we talking about here the division title? i dont think we need him for that. the east title? hmm maybe cept the cavs got better.

i do wonder how old ariza, bulky pj, and forward-oriented mbah, is gonna defend the perimeter. none of them are really built for it. but throwing 3 of them at the same scoring wing, along with harden if he decides to play defense this season which he'll have the energy for, makes up for it for the most part.

18. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

Smh, suspects everywhere.

19. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Pj TruckHer Hive

20. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

Somebody is going to bump this thread any time Tucker misses a three this season