1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

PJ Tucker Milwaukee Bucks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rocket_ph, Mar 20, 2021.

1. PhiSlammaJamma

Shotani and Shoemaker are going to file harassment charges.

2. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Bump

3. vince

vince Member

Congrats to PJ Tucker doing his major contribution in getting Milwaukee into the Finals without The Greek Freek these last 2 games.

Jontro, B-Bob, hakeem94 and 1 other person like this.
  4. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Took Giannis taking out Kyrie and a ref hurting Tre…but guess what - he got a ring yet? Nope!

HP3, Jontro and hakeem94 like this.
  5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Happy for Tucker. He played really hard for us, did what was asked.
    I thought he was totally washed by the end of his run here, but he's contributing to the Bucks clearly.

Cheering against his team again though. LOL. I want the 'chip in the Western conference.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Agreed.

DD

7. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Rather have CP3 get his.

DaDakota likes this.
  8. Houston77

Supporting Member

Funny, you didn’t have all these qualifiers in your original post.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

The thing about PJ in Houston was not offering him another contract, and we didn't....happy he is doing well in Milwaukee.

DD

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

with yannis out, thicc tucker doesn't have another reliable role player to help him. would rather see thicc with a ring than paul

jiggyfly likes this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Milwaukee is also depleted of most meaningful future draft capital after splurging for Jrue Holiday last summer. And they flexed smart cap creativity in their deadline deal to acquire P.J. Tucker.

The Bucks could very well re-sign Tucker. They hold his Bird rights, so they're allowed to go over the cap to re-sign him. But awarding Tucker the $12 million average annual salary he sought back during negotiations with Houston, sources said, will push Milwaukee's expensive roster way over that pesky tax apron.

Perhaps the Bucks could now benefit from more tricky tinkering with Tucker's free agency.

His role in this Bucks Finals run, including checking Kevin Durant and Trae Young, should certainly help Tucker's quest for a richer deal. A cap-conscious front office such as Milwaukee's would likely attempt to net some future draft capital or an established player in return.

Brooklyn has maintained an interest in Tucker dating back to the Nets' James Harden trade talks. Miami also discussed adding Tucker in variations of the Heat's negotiations for Victor Oladipo, sources said. Add the Lakers, Warriors, Nuggets and Jazz as teams that could vie for Tucker's services too. Minnesota, led of course by former Rockets executive Gersson Rosas, has coveted Tucker dating back to the 2020 draft, sources said, and the Wolves have continued searching for front court improvements.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2945899-nba-league-insiders-expect-a-flurry-of-sign-and-trades-this-summer

12. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Although I can't see him getting $12 million from any contender (much like how I didn't see Ariza getting paid $15 million lol) I hope PJ gets that bag.

HP3 and jiggyfly like this.
  13. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

He wants the bag so he can buy more shoes.

14. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Would love it if Minni offers him $30M/2 year.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

there's folks on cf's that said PJ would be out of the league next year. surprise surprise cf's wrong? no way!

HP3 likes this.
  16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Have to admit that I'm shocked to see him playing a meaningful role in the finals. He looked cooked with the Rockets this year. He might be out of the league if he was sent to a wasteland like Charlotte or Orlando. I'm glad for him that this worked out.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

I mean it should have always been understood PJ’s role is best suited on a playoff team. If your team sucks or is the worst in the league like it is now, he’s doing nothing for you. And the casuals that don’t know any better can’t tell the difference

HP3 and ElPigto like this.
  18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I wouldn't. He will end his career in obscurity on Minnesota. I was ready to move on from Tucker on the Rockets due to his severe lack of offense but I want good things to happen for him. He needs to be in LA, Brooklyn, Milwaukee, etc.

19. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

PJ is close to retirement and although he has made good money, I wonder how good of a manager he has been? He seems to be a big spender with his sneakers and fashion obsession. He might as well forget the championship if he doesn't win this year and opt for a pay day instead.

DaDakota, clos4life and napalm06 like this.
  20. Houston77

Supporting Member

Bump