1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PJ Tucker Milwaukee Bucks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rocket_ph, Mar 20, 2021.

1. clos4life

clos4life Member

Anyone watching can tell Tucker is giving it his all but just doesn't have the edge anymore, I won't say fully cooked but he is not elite defensively anymore and hasn't been for a while. Rockets did the right thing not extending him.

ak99999 and charlieaustin like this.
  2. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

It’s about valuing him and using him the right way which is what the Bucks are not doing.

DreamShook and HP3 like this.
  3. MettaWorldPete

I would add virtually every role player from the championship years. That's why I can't understand not going all in the year after CP3 hammy's injury. Even a mild upgrade to role players can make or break a squad.

ak99999, eliefor3 and HP3 like this.
  4. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Cap. That offseason, lost Ariza due to money (he got a $15M deal over 1 year). Never really able to pick up a replacement as they were over the cap. We kept losing guys and downgrading every offseason after.

Pringles and ak99999 like this.
  5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Huh, and some of you wanted to give him an extension.....father time is undefeated.

DD

ak99999, fattz and charlieaustin like this.
  6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It took Atlanta a while to figure out how to use Clint.

Little Bit and MettaWorldPete like this.
  7. vince

vince Member

But wow... Clint Capela is putting up monster numbers without Harden in Atlanta. They guy is balling....

Pringles, chadyang, banzai and 2 others like this.
  8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yeah, man - just pay him. What exactly is the alternative you are SO EXCITED about? John Wall? Lulz. I know it is difficult for us 99'ers, but you must align your expectations with what the Rockets' franchise is now. PJ Tucker, overpaid, and useless, would have been a BRIGHT SPOT compared to the rest of this franchise.

HP3 likes this.
  9. DaDakota

PJ doesn't move the needle and holding on to deadwood slows the rebuild.

I am excited to see Kevin Porter continue to develop, to see Kenyon Marin Junior develop, Christian Wood, Kelly Olynyk, Ja-sean Tate......yes......they have to learn how to win, but I think that Silas has purposely held off of playing defense to let them lose.

DD

banzai likes this.
  10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Apologies. I can see you have ALREADY drastically lowered your expectations. Enjoy your L's.

HP3 likes this.
  11. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

He finally got his white guy that can actually play in this league.

HP3 and Ziggy like this.
  12. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Capela is one of the most underrated centers cause he can’t shoot. He is probably one of the most efficient 10 feet in around the basket and defensively is superior. I hope he gets a DPOY at some point.

MettaWorldPete and vince like this.
  13. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Yep... they were top defense when they were winning. They just now completely suck on defense... kinda obvious.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Not 10’ in. Only 3’ in,,,i.e. the restricted area. BBRef has stats for those ranges. Capela is like 38% between 3-10’

Easy, ak99999, hakeem94 and 1 other person like this.
  15. DaDakota

LOL - PJ is done.

DD

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I do wonder. These stats are about where the ball was shot. They show what kind of shooter but not what kind of scorer the player is. Are there stats about the percentage of scoring from where the player GETS the ball, or where he STARTS with the play? In other words, we may want to know where a guy is most effective operating on the offensive end.

For example, everybody knows Ben Simmons is a terrible shooter outside of 3 ft. But he consistently scores about 15 points a game by being able to get to the basket starting from the perimeter. A guy like Shaq can't shoot a lick. But he can catch the ball 10 ft from the basket and work his way in to score from close range.

18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Those stats are a computer program parsing the official PBP. The scorers table posts the shot distance. We can assume the scorers table might also now have real-time computer support from the SportsVU cameras, which also can track distance of shot.

in any event, I do know BBRef is parsing the official PBP report for their stats.

Also Shaq shot 51%, 49% and 45% from 3-10 during the 3peat. He had that decent flip shot (baby hook) over his defender.

#98 heypartner, Apr 30, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
  19. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Cleaningtheglass.com has the info but you have to pay for it. Lot's of interesting stuff on there actually.

Easy likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

PJ cruising with the Ferrari through snowy Milwaukee.

hakeem94 likes this.