1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PJ Tucker Has the Audacity...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htownrox1, Dec 26, 2020.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

We can call it a truce man. But I do wanna say that I havent insulted you personally. Ive said your baskeball opinions were not good and that you should back up what you say. And I dont think you've said anyting particularly egregious to me and I also dont care about the way you are trying to make me out to be a kid. I just think its really off putting the way you have been talking about PJ.

I'll be more polite but you should also stop talking like you have been.

Stephen_A, D-rock and Batman Jones like this.
  2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'm on the fence about whether to trade him or not, assuming we keep harden this season. on one hand we could use his salary slot to obtain a more mobile/athletic long forward who can actually drive and make a layup when harden is doubled/tripled. and on the other hand in spurts he can be a lockdown defender, which is a valuable and not so easy to find commodity. i agree that he's already on the decline. also don't like his b****ing about the contract. he still has a stellar reputation around the league though so we can probably fetch a decent return for him. wonder if MIA would swap harkless for tuck. we'd have a long starting SF and could slide tate into the PF spot. they'd have to send another contract to make the money work, ideally a small one to open up some money under our hard cap to be able to make another move

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When is the last time PJ didn’t bring it in the playoffs?

If you don’t like PJ, you have a limited basketball brain and no amount of arguing is going to change that.

Deuces...

4. lionaire

lionaire Member

This will be his 4th year here in Houston. He's been an absolute work-horse, reliable and as sturdy as they come. We've had our best years of the Harden era when he's been on the team. We've asked him to do a lot of unconventional things and a lot of what he does won't show up on the boxscore as we should all know by now. He's been the heart and soul of this team. Organization with good FO's typically reward guys like him. Think Haslem in Miami and Collison in OKC. Unfortunately, we have sh*tty people at the top and a sh*tty fanbase as well. Hopefully he's handcuffed in the Harden deal and lands on a contender that'll appreciate him.

5. HP3

HP3 Member

None, never. Always has brought it, EVERY single time. Wanna know who RAPTOR had as our second best player in the playoffs.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-nba-player-ratings/

Take a guess. This is what I mean when people cant back up what they say. I also dont care if he's maybe declining he's still damn good. Extend him, its the right thing to do. If Harden is staying, you definitely do it. And if he leaves, that cap room is not gonna matter as we will be bad for a while and nowhere close to winning. He's gonna be great for the young guys.

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Don’t sweat it. Dudes that can’t grasp the value of PJ Tucker aren’t fit to coach at the Y. That is a FACT.

Game 1 of the regular season and idiots are poking a proven playoff warrior.

7. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

With Robert Horry as my favorite player of all time, I fully understand the value of role players.

Rocket River and D-rock like this.
  8. wekko368

wekko368 Member

And that's the disconnect. Haslem has been getting 1 year veteran minimum deals. Tucker is asking for significantly more.

DaDakota likes this.
  9. lionaire

lionaire Member

That was after they came to a mutual decision that his on-court role would be reduced to next to nothing and he'd be there for the camaraderie and as a locker-room presence. PJ is still a starter, still being asked to play major minutes and cover the other teams best more often than not.

DVauthrin, D-rock, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  10. wekko368

wekko368 Member

PJ Tucker only has value if we're contending, and since Harden didn't sign an extension, it doesn't make sense to sign Tucker to a multi-year contract.

DaDakota likes this.
  11. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Could you stop bringing up Trump every other post?

12. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Self annointed.....

HP3 and D-rock like this.
  13. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I think it's a fair gripe. More of the role players have to start playing better more often. I really don't think Harden can do more.

ak99999 likes this.
  14. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

I agree the whining needs to stop. I think a two year extension between 8.5 and 9.5 per with 3rd year team option is warranted but he needs to STFU and just ball.

Seems like a theme for this team. It is said certain players do not see the potential in this team.

kjayp likes this.
  15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

AUDACITY OF HOPE

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Insane that there's still people defending this washed up crybaby.

17. dmoneybangbang

He goofed and zigged instead of zagged. Tucker will always be OG.

18. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2021-nba-player-projections/pj-tucker/

Some posters belief of his value, currently, going forward and over the last couple years, is completely off.

He has GREATLY outplayed his contract while here and still projects to outplay his contract number again this year.

At the same time that doesn’t mean it’s wise to extend him very long or for any kind of raise as he is highly likely to be unable to outplay his contract for much longer.

D-rock, HP3 and RudyTBag like this.
  19. fattz

fattz Member

Paying Tucker now will be for services that have already happened. (2 super max contracts and already at the cap limit the margin of error is more than limited). Tucker has value and if someone wants to pay then let him get his. Paying aged role players because we personally like them is not good business. Thank them for their service and move on. Knowing the relationship is ending why not try to cash in by trading him. That is good business, IMO. 8M/per is a solid price thus far for his services. I can understand the appeal but Father Time ALWAYS WINS.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Slow your roll.

Until Tate becomes elite from corner 3, PJ still deserves to start.

#100 D-rock, Dec 27, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
    Stephen_A and HP3 like this.