1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PJ Tucker Has the Audacity...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htownrox1, Dec 26, 2020.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I am betting that DM hopes they get 2 years out of him then he is an expiring as a throw in....Harden doesn't have much time either.......as an elite player unless he slims down and get serious about his body.

DD

riko likes this.
  2. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Well PJ ended up making a ton of money for what he is, I had my doubts he was going to blow through his last big contract in Houston the way he spends money on cars and pancakes, looks like hes going to be able to buy a few more Ferraris.

DaDakota likes this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

Don’t be shocked if another team offers him the same or a higher amount.

He is elite at what he does and he impacts winning.

He would make a massive difference with Embiid and Harden. He is mentally and physically tough too.

HP3 and xaos like this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

A few years ago he had some very profitable investments. I don’t know if that is still the case but he is a very savvy man. It isn’t all luck that he is as successful as he is.

HP3, Deuce, red5rocket and 1 other person like this.
  5. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Thats good to know, just seeing his contracts and how often he was posting a new car on social media was concerning. I feel like most NBA players in the modern era are pretty good with their money.

Nook likes this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

Harden couldn’t do cardio last off season. With his injury. He typically works very hard during the off season and is a gym rat. He gains weight easily and doesn’t always make the best food choices but there is a chance he bounces back.
    After 3 full seasons NBA players have their pension vest and they make $60,00.00 to $200,000.00 a year depending on how long they play. With how long PJ has played he has maxed his pension out.

The NBA also has an excellent 401K program most players use.

Tucker is going to be okay.

HP3, Deuce, JoeBarelyCares and 3 others like this.
  7. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

You were probably a mean bi+ch in high school
    Weren’t you? I get it now. You use this board to make you feel better. I see. How sad.

8. Asian Sensation

Glad to see PJ will get a big time contract finally. A 3 year $30 million contract is more than half of what he’s made his entire NBA career. Talk about securing the bag for a last contract.

He’s awesome and definitely impacts winning but I can see him finally breaking down and not living up to the Tucker we’ve seen especially the last few years. Morey really going for broke. Championship not happening with Harden, buddeh.

9. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

What? In 2017, he signed 4/32 with us.

10. Asian Sensation

11. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

like a puppy i see you have the itch to follow me around. thanks

13. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Seriously a bunch of stupid MFers who try to downplay Tuckers effectiveness because he doesn't have fancy box score numbers.

They think he's "lucky" to be on good teams, not the more common sense observation that really good teams want him in their rotation. He's the mirror of Christian Wood, all effectiveness, no stats.

HP3, jcmoon, Nook and 2 others like this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

"he's a vet min player"

#534 YOLO, Jun 22, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2022
  15. DaDakota

Supporting Member

He is a role player that plays a role - and if you need that limited role on your team he helps.

If you are rebuilding - you don't sign him, you let him go - the Rockets did the right thing - and PJ did the right thing.

Good for both.

DD

16. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

LMFAO, if by limited you mean 32 minutes on a championship team...yes he's limited.

As usual your basketball observation skills are second to none.

Nook and YOLO like this.
  17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Murray paying Tuck for his time under Ferntits.

18. DaDakota

Supporting Member

PJ is a role player a stand in the corner on offense and shoot threes, is not a good rebounder, is a good 1v1 defender, but once you get him in the paint is not as effective because he is so short....

He has had a great career for a power guard out of Texas, been watching him since his days at UT.

You guys are trying to pin haterade on me, and it ain't gonna work - this whole conversation started when he asked for an extension and I was like....No ****ing way - and was 100% right, still am......he was great for a time in Houston but it was time for him to go.

Now you are attempting to use that argument and say that he is a valuable contributor to a championship team - yes, he did a great job in Milwaukee - some series and games he played more than others due to matchups - and he didn't win in Miami - so meh.

Is he a KEY PIECE to a championship team - NO - but he is someone that will help on the defensive end, and if you run an ISO offense will stand in the corner and shoot 3s at a good percentage.

But still standing by my guns, we should NOT have given him an extension and we didn't .......no amount of whining will change that.......but by all means keep on trying to change the narrative.....and just because some teams are stupid enough to pay him 10m in hopes that he recaptures his youth....well.......

I don't hate PJ, but his time in Houston was UP!

And I like PJ Tucker overall ...lol.....

DD

cheke64 likes this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

LMAOOOOOOO. Averages 30 mins starting in the NBA playoffs.

"not a key piece to a championship team" "vet min"

This thread will be an all time classic. One of many

[​IMG]

HP3 and red5rocket like this.
  20. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Ok boomer.

;)

Yawn!

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/p.j.-tucker-2021-playoff-stats

Milwaukee needed those 4.3ppg, and 4.8rpg, shooting 38.8%....and 32.2% from 3pt range, while playing 29mpg.....I mean he was there - but was he REALLY a key? Or was he just riding along on the coat tails of Freak and Middleton?

Before you answer - remember this was about him resigning in Houston.....he is hardly a key piece..

DD