1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PJ Tucker Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ElPigto, Mar 13, 2021.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I like PJ. I appreciate him playing hard every minute on the court (before this drama started). I wish he would retire a Rocket.

But nowadays even role players are demanding to be traded to a contender. I mean, how many contenders are there? How are we going to accommodate every Average Joe player who wants to play for a contender?

2. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

So you feel Tucker and Harden have managed this with class? Study the game? No one said they didn’t contribute. But I think half this board is tired of living in the past.

Salvy likes this.
  3. HP3

HP3 Member

Harden, no it could have been handled way better. Tucker, absolutely, and you guys still treat him like garbage. So why should either of them care what anyone here thinks? Its just business right? This board never lived in the present when they were on the team and now want to act stupidly positive for little to no reason now.

4. Salvy

Salvy Member

Classless? Because some of us actually call out unprofessional and diva like behavior? Tucker was absolutely no one before he came here, he fed off of good teams with hustle... That's it, even Tate gives you more than prime Tucker. You know who I appreciate for real? Players that actually liked Houston and left with integrity and dignity, Steve Francis, Chuck Hayes, Shane Battier, Yao Ming and so on.

Some of us keep our loyalties with the team we are fan's of, some of us don't ride other team's GM's and Coaches and former players so Hard and so often just because we cant escape yesterday and accept today. Years from now, you will still be talking about what could have been instead of what was. Harden quit, Tucker wants to chase his bf and doesn't give a damn about The Rockets. Just accept it and move on....

Mr Woods, J.R. and beardsanity713 like this.
  5. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Use apostrophes better.

There. I gave you guys a class.

No more classless.

[​IMG]

Sep11ie and Salvy like this.
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

[​IMG]

clos4life likes this.
  7. treyk3

treyk3 Member

[​IMG]

Why, yes. I never cease to impress myself. Such a gift.

8. HP3

HP3 Member

He's sitting out for the last two weeks after he and the GM came to an agreement, cry me a river. The heart and soul of our team, best defensive player, one of our best playoff performers......hmmmmmm, even Tate gives more than Prime Tucker LOL. Ignorance. You're bakset ball takes are staright up garbage.

No you ride the owner because he reminds you of the guy you lost last election. Im aware of what we have now. You are just stupidly ignorant about how we got to become the second worse team in the league.

Little Bit and ElPigto like this.
  9. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

PJ worked really hard until this season. He'll be remembered alongside players like Chuck Hayes and Shane Battier, solid role players on versions of the Rockets that couldn't quite get it done in the postseason.

ElPigto, Sep11ie, Easy and 2 others like this.
  10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Regardless of how it happens, I'm gonna miss that Thicc Sneaker Freaker.

What a pleasure to watch play.

I honestly don't care that he quit. Won't hurt his trade value and won't affect the tank one way or another. Should have been traded weeks ago, Stoney is holding too tight to his middling assets. Hope he goes to Miami for KZ Okpala but I'm rooting for him to land on a contender and I'm rooting for him to get more respect by the casual fan wherever he lands. He's had a career like few others and he's proof as to what can happen when you don't take no for answer when people say you're not good enough. One of my favorite Rockets of all time.

Rocket River, ElPigto and HP3 like this.
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

[​IMG]

clos4life likes this.
  12. Salvy

Salvy Member

What? Heart and soul of what team? Please, I can't remember the last time I felt good about Tucker coming into a game or even taking a shot. He was all hustle, we have seen it before.... Patrick Beverley, Shane Battier, Chuck Hayes, Corey Brewer, Kyle Lowry.... Except all these guys were better than Tucker, even now we have Tate and Nwaba whom are faster, more athletic and both better finishers at the rim and shooters... Its not a crazy take, or wait you would waive either of those guys over Tucker right now?

I don't ride anyone, I have never said Tilman has done a wonder and incredible job. I have said he is not solely the one to blame and that he took over a team with no picks, no assets, aging stars with untradeable contracts, along side a system that was catered around one single super star who had decided he was not winning here so he quit and left to the most stacked team in the league.

Oh yeah, we are the worst team in the league while trying to compete... You probably wont recognize this team in 12 months, everyone has to go through this. Even The Lakers were trash until LeBron decided to go there. Boston, Booklyn.... All the best teams in the league now had to go through this. And when they suck we will be a contender again..... Don't be stupid just to try and prove a point... You are better than this..

13. HP3

HP3 Member

He's been our second-third best playoff performer for the last three years, the numbers support that. He was also the best corner three point shooter in the league. LOL Pat Be, Core Brewer and even Shane(maybe him) were not better than Tucker, thats completely crazy. On a contender? I would rather have the guy who can defend AND hit a shot in the playoffs, Tate and Nwaba can both defend but they cant shoot at all.

You have defended Tillman more than anyone here. And you have refused to put any responsibility on him.

We are going to be bad for a while(and should be at least the next two years). Being a good team prolly 2 years. Championship contenders???.....That's a long LONG ways away, you better hope those picks pan out, its not likely(at least the Nets ones).

14. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

His days here will be missed for quite some time.
    [​IMG]

HP3 likes this.
  15. Salvy

Salvy Member

He was a good corner 3 point shooter like one or two seasons, he was wide open. Without Harden he is not a good 3 point shooter, he was not bad but he has been declining at a fast rate. Its probably he just does not care about Houston, will probably start sinking them in Mia, Brooklyn or Philly? But doesn't that speak to you? That he quit on this team and no longer cared. You appreciate that?

I hated Tilman before I saw how things played out with Harden, check the dumpster fire photoshop thread... I genuinely think Tilman inherited a sinking ship, I think Morey did more damage to The Rockets than Tilman. And assuming Morey, Tilman, MDA and Harden all screwed Houston for one reason or another. There is only one still here trying to make it work. That's Tilman. I support him in bringing great basketball to Houston again...

1 year, 2 years, 10 years we really don't know. How long did it take Hakeem to win it all with Houston? We could be really good really soon or not. But I think it will be less than some believe. I think we will land something great and not even have a clue how the hell we did it. Just a hunch...

16. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

I hope he gets traded to Minny.

17. jb86

jb86 Member

Its been real... Thank you

HP3 likes this.
  18. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

But it ain’t been real good?

jb86 likes this.
  19. HP3

HP3 Member

WIthout Harden, every shooter on this team is trash. He'll be better with better players around him. He tried. The system Silas was running was not working for him. He didnt quit on us. Stop it. He gave low effort the last few games after LACKING DESERVED PAY, NOT GETTING TRADED, and most importantly playing on a tanking team. He didnt quit on us. The Rockets showed their ass with regards to his contract and so did the people in this thread with their appreciation for him. This. Team.Is.Tanking. It does not matter.

Ahhh yes, bad Morey, Harden and Dantoni trying to sabatoge the Rockets while Tillman was along for the ride....ridiculous nonensen.

You have no reason to believe that.

You really dont know what you are talking about and it shows.

20. jb86

jb86 Member

Lol I meant over the years.