1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PJ is HEATED!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by D-rock, Sep 1, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

I may have been premature about BMac on defense.

Per @foggy94 BMac has not been hunted by OKC 3 guard line up, could have sworn I saw differently.

So giving BMac some of EGo and Russ minutes certainly could not hurt Rockets offensively.

But BMac needs to pull trigger on the 3ball, he has been attacking rim too often.

#21 D-rock, Sep 1, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
  2. WestendMassive

Does anyone know why this play didn't get reviewed? It was a clear elbow to the throat, doesn't that meet the criteria for a review?

Intentional or not, I have a hard time believing that the refs wouldn't reach for the headsets immediately if a Rockets player dealt one of those out.

3. DooghMaster9

DooghMaster9 Member

I know it’s been a thing to hate on Eric Gordon for a while now and I’ve always been reserved in expressing that, but it really hit me last night. The dude is an absolute pace killer.

I hate seeing his hands up every damn time he gets touched, it’s almost comical. He seemingly Freaks out every time he gets the ball. Either shoots a long three (and misses) or pounds the ball in the ground and goes full force at the rim into traffic, yes sometimes he scores and finishes nicely, but it seems rare now and ends up with him crying for a call. No smoothness to his game at all anymore.

I could keep going, but to your point, I’d prefer McLemore out there. I don’t even care about the D lol, like you said if he’s on it can blow it open - and honestly our D is not the problem right now, as crazy as that is to say, we might actually have room to make the trade off.

Reeko likes this.
  4. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

i just hope he can make layups and open 3s. i would take that over him being angry any day.

#24 hashmander, Sep 1, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
    D-rock likes this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

his constant crying, yelling, and throwing his hands up is the most annoying thing I’ve seen from a Rockets player...it makes me want to smash my TV

his BBIQ is at 0

McLemore could easily come in and hit 3 or 4 threes, especially with all the wide open looks we keep getting

MDA plays him consistently in the regular season, and he produces, but the minute the postseason starts, McLemore might as well be Caboclo or Clemons with the way he’s glued to the bench

meanwhile, EG who has been trash all season and for most of this series absolutely killing us when he’s out there, is guaranteed 30+ minutes and 12+ shots...I hate to see it

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He has by far the worst body language, that cries 'Get me outta here.'

His drives to the hoop have been alright though.

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. JW86

JW86 Member

You know what's funny, I play basketball here in Europe with some older guys of which one just watches highlights and my friend who occasionally watches a game with me. Both of them knew who I was impersonating last week at practice when I just threw my hands up on offense.

It's definitely the most annoying thing I've ever seen a player do, up there with CP3's acting skills and Tracy McGrady yelling "hey" on every drive and lay-up. The latter was also highly disturbing to listen to. EG should know by now referees do not take him seriously when every drive he starts to throw his hands up and whine. Just keep on playing you p***y. Don't think there's ever been a guy on a winning team I wanted gone more than him, aside from Ryno ironically.

8. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Too bad Harden doesn't have the same mentality. Dude in comment said Russ admitted to not watching game film ever.. Does that explain why he doesn't understand that he can't shoot and some of his passing?

RocketRed84 and linvetb6 like this.
  9. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Man I thought I was the only who loved Mutumbo in Rockets uni. Top 5 rocket for me

NotInMyHouse likes this.
  10. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Would somebody please let his ass into the kitchen

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Did I mentioned that he had 5000 pairs of shoes? ;)

12. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

He should be mad on how they been hitting him, but mane he has to make his shots! It's been rough watching him shoot.

13. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Unfortunately he's shooting more than 2x better from 3 (43.8%) than Gordon (17.8%) has in this series.

D-rock likes this.
  14. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Westbrook had 17 on his own in game 6, where are you getting your numbers from?

Their TO's were the problem in game 6, not the lack of scoring. This includes Harden.

Westbrook, 7
    Harden, 5
    EGo, 4

22 total TO's lead to 20 points for OKC. Rockets shot themselves in the foot by being careless with the ball.

D-rock, hakeem94 and joshuaao like this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Turnovers will be key again in Game 7.

TWS1986 and waytookrzy079 like this.
  16. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

And hopefully it doesnt come down to who wins the FT battle. Cuz we'll likely lose then.

D-rock likes this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Just a warrior!

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

No one crapped on Nuggets, Clips or Lakers for vs. much weaker opponents.

But media are pushing narrative that OKC stretching series to 7 by hairs of their chinny chin chin is the greater upset.

OKC was top 5 in the stacked West.

Deckard likes this.
  19. So Saith Red

So Saith Red Member

Waaaaait. What? I can't believe I was on board for a dude who won't watch game film.

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

PJ inspired by this guy after the root canals.

[​IMG]

D-rock likes this.