1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pitts or Weary on the Hot Seat?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by emjohn, Oct 16, 2007.

?

What's your take on this?

1. Anyone would be an upgrade over Pitts

9 vote(s)
    22.0%
  2. Anyone would be an upgrade over Weary

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  3. STUDdard is showing Kubiak he can make an impact

10 vote(s)
    24.4%
  4. Studdard isn't ready to take anyone's job

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  5. This a non-story; just giving a guy a look

4 vote(s)
    9.8%
  6. I don't care what we do, we've got to get better

14 vote(s)
    34.1%
  1. emjohn

emjohn Member

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5216831.html
    Who is Kubiak looking to go away from? It would seem to be his focus is on run-blocking, and Pitts has been prone to penalties.

Evan

2. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

With the positive replies about Flannigan's ineptness, I think he will go to Center replacing Flannigan. At least with Studdard, you know you will have someone up front that will fight and fight hard. Obviously, something has to be done and quick.

3. leroy

leroy Member

Pitts is a walking big play killer. I wonder how many plays through the existence of this franchise Pitts has killed? I can remember many DD 20+ yard runs that were called back. If you see a flag down on a Texans big play, you can almost guarantee that you will hear from the ref...

"Holding. Offense #69. 10 yard penalty. Replay 3rd down."

4. Cannonball

Cannonball Member

I found the part about Chris White most interesting. I wonder if they'll give him a series (not in garbage time) against the Titans. Hmmm, maybe if we get an early lead.

5. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

Studdard has the heart of a lion.

^_^

6. gucci888

gucci888 Member

First...I'm a Longhorn so I might be a little biased. But Studdard is a beast, he doesn't have great size but he has an unbelievable motor and mean streak, something that this OL is definitely missing.

I would really like to see what Studdard can do with pulling and run blocking. Whatever it is, I'm glad to see Kubiak doing something. We're losing the battle of the trenches on both sides of the ball.

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

Ephraim the r****ded rabbit is on the hot seat too.

(props to cannonball)

put someone in there who wants to be here...

8. JeopardE

JeopardE Member

Real classy of you.

I know Ephraim's play has been questionable lately, but everyone always knew he's supposed to be a backup LT. And he has been nothing but a standup guy and class act since he got here. I wish we had encouraging news on Spencer, but last I heard it's still not looking good on that front.

9. The Real Shady

Move Weary to Center and bench Flannigan.

10. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Member

Spencer has the same type of knee injury that I have right now. Trust me, he won't be playing football for a while if ever. Rehab for that type of injury has a timeframe of multiple years.

11. HillBoy

HillBoy Member

Yeah, I can recall at the time of his injury that there was serious concern that Spencer may never get back.

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

Oh wow, the class card.

Nice.

I know classy gentlemen sir, and you are no classy gentleman!

13. gucci888

gucci888 Member

Yep...that's why I was disappointed that the Texans yet again did not address the OL. Our only addition in Jordan Black couldn't even beat at Salaam.

14. RocketJedi

RocketJedi Member

I don't think it's Weary (on the hot seat) since Kubiak said on his radio show yesterday that he played his best game on Sunday since he's (Kubiak) been here. So, if it's not Fred then it must be Chester or Ephraim or Flanagan.

15. gucci888

gucci888 Member

I don't think its Salaam, even though he has played really bad the last couple games, I think he is the best LT on the team. Also...Studdard is a Guard and I don't know if Kubiak would want to start a rookie at Center.

16. DieHard Rocket

Weary is probably our best o-lineman. He and Winston are solid on the right.

Pitts is having a terrible season, so I wouldn't be surprised if Studdard performs that he replaces him. The o-line was our biggest problem last week...Pitts' man is the one who got in to bring down Schaub on that QB draw. Chester just whiffed on the block. Other than that he's been slow-footed and penalty prone.

Chris White will end up starting at Center sooner rather than later, IMO. The tough part is figuring out what to do at LT...Salaam is hurting us having to play so much.

17. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

Wait, I thought that was Salaam's job. Rally killer. :p Averaging 2 holding penalties and 2 false start penalties per game. Way to be consistent! :rolleyes: Man, I hope Spencer can come back next year. That will really suck if we get another freakin' Boselli incident. :mad:

18. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

Hey pardon me if I'm playing the role of the r****ded rabbit but, have heard nothing about Frye, the tackle we got as one of our fifth round picks from Va Tech, I believe. He had some attributes similar to Staley from Central Michigan just less playing time and experience. Speed in the 40, strength, etc. Did he make the cut on the team, on the practice squad? Just curious ... Since, Kuby's going for a hard look at the youth just thought it might bear worth mentioning.

19. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Where's Hodgdon?

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

the guy has a point, epharim has performed about as well as expected

thanks ron dayne