1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pitt-West Virginia

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RocketManJosh, Dec 1, 2007.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I like the bowl system, I like the importance of every game. I think college football has the best regular season of any sport and its easy to realize why. I don't even watch regular season college basetball, but college basketball is the type of sport that "needs" a tournament.

but I want to talk about this game, the reason the thread was started. West Virginia has looked very overrated the past two seasons imo. Pat White in particular. they are fun to watch because of the old school option but their athletes to me aren't on par with some of the top schools in the BCS.

You watch SEC games and every team has a few kids going to the NFL and the LSU and Florida type schools are loaded with NFL talent. Same thing with top teams in Big XII, Pac 10, and Big 10. That can't be said for Big East schools. Long story short, its not surprising at all that they lost and I'm more glad than anything they won't be playing for a national title. If you can't close out a 28 point underdog because your qb gets hurt then you don't deserve to be there. You weren't that good to begin with.

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Can congress please step in and bust up the bowl cabal system, please??

Anti-trust is written on the walls...

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

is the ncaa a for profit business?

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I can't believe West Virginia blew this home finale to such an inferior team. When they got that interception on the 2nd play of the game, I thought the route was on. What a crushing defeat and choke job of historic proportions.

I also like Pat White. He's a very good college QB. Now we get a bland championship game with Ohio State and (probably) LSU.