1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pitt-West Virginia

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RocketManJosh, Dec 1, 2007.

1. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

College Football needs NCAA officials and not conference officials. The end of this game is blatant favoritism in trying to get the "conference" team into the national championship game.

2. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

I can't believe the two holding calls against Pitt. This is an awful way to decide a huge college football game.

3. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Who'd thought Pitt could keep up with WVU?

4. RedRaiderRocket

This is going to make my persuasive speech at the the end of the semester that much easier topic is why the college football should get rid of bcs system in favor of a playoffs. At this pace the national championship will be Georgia vs Ohio State. With Georgia not even playing in the SEC Championship.

5. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

If the morons on the BCS committee don't realize the need for a playoff after this season, it's probably a lost cause.

6. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Let's look at the top teams:

1 Loss Conference Champs:
    Ohio State

2 Loss Conferece Champs:
    West Virginia
    USC
    LSU
    Virginia Tech
    Oklahoma (assuming)

Undefeated:
    Hawaii

1 Loss:
    Kansas

2 Loss:
    Georgia
    Mizzou

All hell would break loose (hopefully) if Georgia made the national championship over 5 other 2 loss teams who actually won their conferene.

7. RocketFan007

Exactly. The BCS is about to explode and it's going to be interesting to see what shakes out tomorrow.

8. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Georgia WILL NOT make the BCS title game.

9. RocketFan007

What about Kansas who was #5 going into the week?

The BCS can't possibly make it out of this, right?

10. Cannonball

If Georgia doesn't, I could see Virginia Tech getting it over LSU. VT was ranked ahead of LSU and beat Boston College today (BCS #11) by 14 while LSU beat Tennessee (BCS #14) by 7.

11. RedRaiderRocket

They will find a way they always do.

12. RocketFan007

While LSU pounded Va. Tech 48-7 earlier this year.

13. Cannonball

If some BS happens and Georgia or Kansas makes it in (here's hoping), they'll just announce, like they do every year, that they've "tweaked the formula" to make sure it doesn't happen again. Bet on it.

14. tulexan

tulexan Member

LSU would b**** because they crushed VT and according to Les Miles, never lost in regulation.

15. Cannonball

Computers don't care. It didn't stop VT being ranked higher in the USA Today poll or the computer poll this past week.

16. Lil Pun

They will find some way to justify it. This is exactly what I was hoping for though, Mizzou and WV to lose so the BCS could be one HUGE mess and right now it is because you have several teams that could argue one way or another that they should be in the title game. I wish Georgia, by some miracle, would make it into the BCS title game because then we know the BCS is totally flawed if a 2 loss team that did not win their conference division, play in the title game, or win a conference title. I just don't think voters or the BCS would allow it to happen. Remember also that BCS has the option to expand the BCS, whatever that means.

DOWN WITH THE BCS!!!

17. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

WOW. what a ridiculously insane season, lol

18. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I don't think you guys understand where i'm coming from. I grew up watching Pitt and have seen them for YEARS get absolutely manhandled by West Virginia. Every year it's the same story: same players, same system and same results. Watching Pitt trying to play that explosive spread offense was always, to put it kindly: not pretty. Now this.

I think this game may very well have changed the way I look at sports. Every ounce of reason and rationality in my mind pointed to a lopsided WVU win. Playing at home and with national championship game implications on the line the last thing in the world I imagined was this game even being close let alone an upset.

It kind of just reminds you that there's no such thing as a LOCK in sports. This may not be Appalachian State/Michigan crazy but this also makes the chokejob USC pulled against UCLA a couple years ago look like nothing.

P.S. Remember the name LeSean "Shady" McCoy.

19. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

i laff at ppl that think bcs is dead

20. Lil Pun

I don't think it is dead but this season could prove to be the beginning of the end for it. Notice, I said could.