1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pippen sign with bulls

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Likemike33, Jul 19, 2003.

1. Likemike33

Likemike33 Member

Scottie pippen signed with Chicago this afternoon according to ric Bucher of Espn.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

makes me wonder if #33 is doing this with intentions to be a Bulls coach once he retires.

#33 The Coach.

That's laughable.

btw: does this mean that Jalen Rose finally gets to be a point guard again?

3. Likemike33

Likemike33 Member

I think Scottie will get a place in the front office when he retires, makes sense for him.

4. x_trepidation_x

Wow, the Bulls look like a playoff team in the East...

You know...Curry and Chandler are really going to be decent. Scottie is going to give them consistency and take pressure off of Rose.

The line up isn't bad:

Curry = C
    Chandler = PF
    Rose SG
    Scottie SF
    Hinrich = PG

This is not a bad line up, expecially considering this is the EAST

5. mfclark

mfclark Member

Probably not, not with Hinrich and Crawford around, unless you view the latter as the shooting guard.

Personally, I don't, and feel the Bulls will go with a lineup of (starters listed first)...

PG: Crawford/Hinrich
    SG: Rose/Hassell
    SF: Pippen/Marshall
    PF: Chandler/Fizer
    C: Curry/whoever they have...is it Bagaric?

...with the obligatory scrubs somewhere in there.

That lineup could make noise (i.e. playoffs) if it weren't for the presence of Rose. Teams with him seem to underachieve, and I'm not sure the Bulls have been an exception. I'd look for them to try to deal him for a true SG over anything else...think addition by subtraction.

6. RNuss02

RNuss02 Member

Does this mean the Bulls will stop their pursuit of Posey?

Just a thought....would you consider trading Posey for Donyell Marshall?

7. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

I'm all for the Bulls having a good season next year, remember we own their first round pick next year, top 20 protected, from the Bryce Drew trade. Yeah, I know there's not really a chance of the Bulls having one of the top 10 records in the NBA, but I can dream right.

8. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I expect Crawford to start. He was awesome when they gave him the starting gig near the end of the season.

9. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

Exactly. There's no way Hinrich starts over him to start the season. The Bulls do have a ton of decent talent though. With Hinrich, Hassel, Marshal, and Fizer coming off the bench the Bulls are definitely ready to make noise. I think that if Fizer could get on a team where he could start he could blossom into the player he was drafted to be.

10. hpscc

hpscc Member

Yeah, the Bulls could be back in the playoffs, they now have a pretty decent starting group and bench -

STARTERS
    PG - Crawford
    SG - Rose
    SF - Pippen
    PF - Chandler
    CT - Curry

BENCH
    Kirk Hinrich
    Donyell Marshall
    Marcus Fizer
    Eddie Robinson
    Corie Blount
    Trenton Hassell

11. CRC

CRC Member

Having most of the Bulls past players as GMs & coaches ... Pip surely feels more comfortable to stay in chicago in the post-Jerry era...

12. lalala902102001

Good for Pippen. Chicago was the only team that was offering him serious money. It's just right for him to retire a Bull.

Now we can be sure that Posey will be back because no one else will offer him the full MLE.

Chicago does look like a decent team in the east now. Crawford and Curry both put up some big numbers near the end of last season. If they can continue to do that this team should make the playoffs now with Pippen on board.

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I like Crawford, but I view him as a poor-man's Rose.

I also don't see where this knock on Rose being a part of underachieving teams comes from. Both Bird and Larry Brown increased his role and Bird's teams definitely excelled.