1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pine interviewed on Kiley and Booms

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SA Rocket, Oct 23, 2002.

1. SA Rocket

SA Rocket Contributing Member

He just finished getting interviewed and he did really well. They were interested in alot of Yao,the guy as opposed to the player. They asked what's the biggest adjustment you think he'll have to make coming to America. Pine said so far the difference in food and getting his stomach used to it is the biggest. What and how much does he eat? Today (in SA) we had omelettes for breakfast and for lunch we had a medium and large pizza and Yao ate most of the large. What are we going to like most about Yao? He is very mature,great sense of humor,very much desires to succeed. Will you need to protect him from groupies...does he have a girlfriend back home,etc? Yes he has a girlfriend and she doesn't need to worry because he is very dedicated,good head on his shoulders,do the right thing kind of guy. Is there any one person that you think he'd most like to meet now that he's here,anybody he's really anxious to get to know? Charles Barkley.....because he watched him play and he thinks he's a very funny guy. How do you fit in at practice? Right now we're still trying to figure out what's best but Yao understands alot of BBall English so I stand on the sideline and take notes of words that I think he doesn't really understand. When he gets coached one on one,I am right there beside him. Are people going to be surprised,is he really good? Yes,he IS REALLY that good. He is basketball smart,is dedicated to getting better,and works extremely hard.

He reminded hosts that he's only known Yao a couple of days so some personal questions he flat didn't know but he did great overall and gave a good account of Yao. Alot of this is paraphrased but I tried to get in as much as I could remember from the 15 minute spot.

2. verse

verse Contributing Member

great job SA Rocket!

btw, boom is an *******.

3. CoPilot

CoPilot Member

I wish I had heard the interview but nice paraphrase

Thanks.......:cool:

4. RocDreamer

RocDreamer Contributing Member

Thanks for the info. Wish I could have heard the interview.

5. idrockfan

idrockfan Contributing Member

Nice Work SA, well done.

6. Timing

Timing Member

Who are Kiley and Booms? Radio people in SA?

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

They are hosts of FoxSports Radio, Fox's nationally syndicated radio broadcast.

Thanks for the report! I heard them talking about Ming on the way home from work but did not hear the interview. They seemed to talk very positively about Ming. Sounded like they wanted to see him succeed.

Chris