1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Picture Slideshow] Terrence Williams - Effort and Heart (or Lack Thereof)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Antec, Mar 7, 2011.

1. TheDude34

TheDude34 Member

Any credibility you may have goes into the toilet when you start referring to people as r****ds.

2. AkeemTheDreem86

That's r****ded.

3. TheDude34

TheDude34 Member

And that's funny.

4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Double post... deleted.

5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

He isnt your personal assistant. Do it yourself.

I appreciate Antec doing his part to point his out but quiet frankly, he didnt even have to do this. Anyone who watched the last couple of minutes of that game saw what a spoiled selfish brat Williams really is.

Williams, in about 5 minutes of play, showed that he is a complete disgrace to this Rockets team.

Unless he changes his attitude, he will be out of this league soon.

And then he wont even be able to get a job at McDonald's because he wont share the fries with the customers.

6. CXbby

CXbby Member

He isn't a people though. He is a squid.

7. TheDude34

TheDude34 Member

Squids are among the most intelligent cephalopods in the ocean, though.

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

You must have stopped reading this thread after my quoted post.

And i guess it was just crazy of me to assume that he may have access to the video on his computer after posting screenshots...or that he may be interested in making the post more legit in his favor.... :rolleyes:

9. CXbby

CXbby Member

You know what's the difference between these two?

-coddlers

-people with foresight

Just because some of us get on some players doesn't mean we have a need to "identify an enemy within the organization". LOL. This is basketball, it is not that serious. If your only reason against it is to "defend them against the mob" then that is not that great of a reason to begin with. Some of us have legitimate gripes that while you may not see it at the time of your crusade for "reasonableness", in the end they prove to be true.

Like how some of us had the foresight to... ya know... tell you Lowry was a better starting PG than Brooks, BEFORE having to see Brooks shipped out of town to prove it.

Like how some of us had the foresight to... ya know... tell you Jordan Hill is a waste of space and hair, BEFORE having to see him benched and relegated to 11th or 12th man to prove it.

Don't worry though. As you watch more basketball, and learn more about the game, one day, you will acquire this gift of foresight as well. Some day. Maybe. Hopefully. Probably. Not.

#129 CXbby, Mar 7, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I actually downloaded a screen capture software for my Mac just to do this for you, unfortunately the quality is kind of choppy and there is no sound and I recorded the whole damn window :grin:, but perhaps you get the idea.

Check from the 10 to 15 second mark in the video. Courtney Lee actually tries to defend, and Williams purposely goes out of the way and then even waits until the guy gets the ball into the basket.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/szXg2CS3qFo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This wasn't the only scene where you could see his intentional lack of effort, but I thought it was a really telling one.

#130 AroundTheWorld, Mar 7, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
  11. Antec

Antec Member

Lol someone actually did it! YAY!

But if only you could teach me how to do it on a PC. =/

12. wakawakka

wakawakka Member

I wouldn't worry about this too much. This is the organization's headache, not ours. They'll either decide if his "talent" is worth the trouble or not. Like others have said, the only problem with shipping him out is getting at least what we gave up in return. If we trade him for peanuts, then this will be one of the few tallies we can put in the Morey fail column. Morey has a great track record, but “bad fit for our system” + “stank attitude” seemed like a pretty disastrous recipe from the start. We'll see what happens.

13. red rocketz

red rocketz Member

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0UNi6Bzzyl4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

this is t-will and the rest of the game... hasheem...etc lol

1 person likes this.
  14. Half Nelson

Half Nelson Member

We don't know how William's attitude affect team chemistry. I know I wouldn't want a guy like him as a teammate who tries to intercept the ball from a teammate, chucks up shots, stands around, acts immature, makes waves on twitter, and doesn't give a $hit on defense. It might be an overreaction but it might not be. I don't hate the guy. I was one of those rooting for him to get playing time but now that I see how immature he is, I'm wondering if that could be a detriment to the team. Its not just the way he's been playing. I wish that was all it was, but his venting on twitter has got to stop. This guy makes money playing basketball for a living having one of the glamorous jobs in the world. His teammates all had to earn their spots. Is it so hard for him to understand that? Maybe he does, but he certainly ain't showing it.

15. red rocketz

red rocketz Member

2:35 is where t-will tries 2 steal from dragic LMAO

1 person likes this.
  16. red rocketz

red rocketz Member

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0UNi6Bzzyl4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

for the bump hehe

17. Antec

Antec Member

AWESOME!

18. zzpot

zzpot Member

I agree with a lot of your post and will use it as a base to give my opinions and observations on this game and other things I think are related. Some other posters on this thread are plain wrong or just misleading on purpose. IMO.

#1: Yes T-Wills was trying to always get the ball on the inbounds pass and he looked foolish doing it because they clearly passed the ball, and rightly so, to Dragic the second unit point guard. Not sure T-Wills and Dragic will be fast friends anytime soon because of this. (I recommend people see the video if one is ever posted).

Dragic's job is to run the point. He is going a great job for the Rockets with every little time with the team. His understudy time with Steve Nash seems to show. Maybe AB Will grow under Nash too? (I like AB).

#2: Yes T-Will did not play well. He did not show energy. He did not box-out on the boards. He did not stop the ball on D. (He got schooled when Dude stole the ball from him and took it all the way back to the hoop right in T-Wills face! Nice cutesy wootsy defense T-Wills). He did not move well on plays away from the ball, if at all. (I don't know what the play calls were each time but he did not look good on any plays).

#3: Yes T-Will took a bad shot with the clock running down. (He had to shoot it, and I'm not too mad about that. He was given the ball late on that possession and had to jack up a bad shot). (Could he have missed the play call so they just said, ok "here shoot it if you're not going to run the play we called"). << I don't know. I'm saying, that time, he did have to shoot it and that's just piss poor execution all the way around. (I am mad about that) >>

#4: T-Will did try one backdoor play to the hoop and the pass was stolen. (The whole play was a disaster. Maybe more effort from T-Will and not telegraphing the pass by the passer (C-Lee I think) could have made it a "High Light" play. That's a big Maybe though). An Alley Oop??

Opinions:

When you buy a new car there are things that come standard with it.

1. Seats, Seat belts, Safety-glass windows, lights (Front and back).
    2. An engine, Transmission, Brakes.
    3. A steering wheel. Brake and gas peddles.

The NBA game of Basketball is also Standardized. The Pick & Roll, screen and shoot, drive to the hoop, layups, passing, rebounding, defense...etc.

No player with a year or more of NBA time (even ridding the bench for a different team than they started with) should ever be completely lost when on the court. Some things are just Standard and should be done at every opportunity with hustle and energy. (passing, rebounding, defense).

Here is some video of Dragic on the court. At the 3:39 mark it shows him working out for some of the Suns top people. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u8LZm3sP-Y&feature=player_embedded

T-Will thoughts:

T-Wills was (IMO) trying to look pretty (cute) as he was Half-Assing it on the court.

I think T-Wills needs a lip-reduction. Those lips you have T-wills are just
    too damn big. Not cute T-wills.

Dose T-wills have a tattoo on the inside of his lips that say [Inflate to 45 PSI]?? hahahaha. (Where's that Dude with the little kid screaming "Thats Racist" when you need him).

THE END!

This is my story and I'm sticking to it.

zzpot Puff Puff. :cool:

19. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

He responded:

TheRealTWill Terrence Williams
    @
    @nate_the_great3 you think I care about u or your thread you fool
    43 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Shows about the same "maturity" he showed on the court. NOT.