1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Picture Slideshow] Terrence Williams - Effort and Heart (or Lack Thereof)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Antec, Mar 7, 2011.

1. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

People talk about new stuff, the Rockets did nothing new in their dismantling of the Pacers. We know what this team is about and we are excited but what more is there to say on the topic? The only new development coming out of the Pacers game was this tool's playing time.

2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

As most of you guys know, I have defended TWill pretty passionately, as I still see him as the player with the only viable All-Star potential on our team. His performance in garbage time greatly disappointed me, but I am not giving up on him until he consistently performs poorly in practical minutes as opposed to when the game is already decided and the only reason he is in there is because someone needs to be. That being said though, it was still very disappointing.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Antec is correct.

TWill tried to intercept the ball from Dragic twice. I didn't care because it was late in a blowout, but upon further review by Antec, yeah, it probably is a problem. I'm going to rewatch.

1 person likes this.
  4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Exactly. I am almost sure that those who defend Williams did not watch the game. I could not believe it when I saw it, he was openly being an ass. It wasn't "trying too hard", it was basically a refusal to do his job.

5. Chrisjaka

Chrisjaka Member

T-will is lazy anyways he better be quiet you know how the Rockets do when you act up! Its funny but Houston will sit back and let players whine then send em packing when they get a chance,I thinks its great.Remember Aaorn,T-mac and Twill,will be banished by this Summer HaHaa.....

6. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

i just want to preface this by saying that i really don't care what happens to twill... i'm not like DD, putting all my hopes and dreams into one "unknown" talent. that said, i find it funny that your solution was to trade him - again - so that he could reach his full potential. if he could'nt prove it on the nets (the freakin' nets!) and the rockets, who - in case you forgot, are playing a TON of young players right now - then what makes you think moving to yet another team is the answer?

a super taleneted player like twill (or as talented as so many on here make him out to be) shouldn't need to be traded 3 freakin' times in a year to find the right situation.

7. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

i watch him playing. he is definitely not worth the 1st round pick. this trade is the worst trade DM made as I can think about unless he can improve his attitude, working hard on D and O w/ or w/o ball. he plays no D and thinks he is a star and everything has to go through him like tmac. at least tmac had the right to be that guy. twill hasn't built anything yet.

8. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

To be fair, this is the first time he's truly 'acted out' during a game (and it was a blowout). When he was playing spare minutes for the first few games after the deadline, he was giving it his all -- but he was still a square peg trying to fit into a round hole in this offense.

That said, Adelman has shown that he'll reward players if they contribute in the little time they get. The Rockets were hoping TWill would force them to play him.. they just didn't think he'd resort to this to force their hand.

Unfortunate situation all-around.. hopefully we can get some clarity on the matter in the off-season.

9. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

"Exactly. I am almost sure that those who defend Williams did not watch the game. I could not believe it when I saw it, he was openly being an ass. It wasn't "trying too hard", it was basically a refusal to do his job."

This couldn't have been better said. If you didn't watch the game, you can't really get a feel for how obvious it actually was. The dude was pouting on the floor. He needs to go. Not a doubt in my mind anymore.

10. worzel gummidge

He didn't give up on the defensive end. I actually felt a little sorry for him as it looked like he was being frozen out on offense but that didn't seem intentional.

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

He totally did. He did not even pretend to try to defend. He just stood there and smirked.

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

This is why i asked for the video...i did see most of it live and thought Williams was not into the game, even for it being garbage time....but i did miss the part where he "stole" the inbounds and i think others may have missed some of this garbage time as well. It's just better to post the video, to eliminate the "well yao does this too" comments. If anyone can post it I know we'd all appreciate it. It also makes more sense to tweet the link to twill and have him watch himself, rather than showing him screen captures of someone poking fun at him. Even if the OP is correct, this approach is still poking fun at and embarassing the player and therefore less likely to be taken seriously.

I don't expect Williams to try to be Lebron and disrespect the other team, but we're not talking about the last minute of a game here. In that situation a lot of players do "give up" and let time run out, but you're basically looking at 3 possessions, but this was with just over 4 mins left. Youdo not play matador defense on purpose to "let time run out". You still have to play some defense. On offense it's a perfect time to practice the offense. You also still have to get a shot off. It's not the last 24 seconds of a game.

I don't agree that it shouldn't be a big deal because he's the 12th man. Perhaps it won't unglue the team or mess up the rotation, but any time any player gets on the court and isn't actually playing, well he's just not doing what he's paid to do. It should raise eyebrows with fans and especially with the team/coaches.

13. Victorious

Victorious Member

Umm how about Goran getting 12pts, 5ast while looking like he's already understanding Rick's offense. I think thats the more important and relevant observation we get from that Pacers game. But I bet most people completely forgot how well Dragon played because their busy crying, tweeting and creating multiple threads over TWill. The fact that Dragon is grasping the offense quicker than we expected should be the real story.

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=201887

-I agree that people have more to say when there is drama rather than success, but fans are dissapointed in how Terrence represents the team and organization through his actions and have a right to voice their concern over his attitude, demenor, and performance on and off the court.

-This is their team, and they are the ones that pay their salaries ultimately by buying season tickets, jerseys, sodas, NBA League Pass, etc.

15. Slam Dunk

Slam Dunk Contributing Member

I've never put my hands on my hips while playing in a live pickup game before. He's doing this in an NBA game!?

Dude is a knucklehead.

16. Antec

Antec Member

How to i turn the full game into a youtube clip or even make separate gifs?
    I'd gladly do it...if someone would tell me how to do it or with which program.

17. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

all the talent in the world and he wastes it on laziness and a bad attitude.

he needs to be on a team with forceful, outspoken, leadership to keep him in his place. the rockets seem to be lacking a clear cut leader. not only that but the players roles aren't clearly defined because of the recent shakeup.

twill is like an adolescent teen that wants to challenge authority. he needs clear cut structure and guidance, but also he needs to get that from someone he respects in order to abide by it. that last part is on him. the rockets need to provide the rest if they want to get good value for that draft pick they traded to get him.

18. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

Both times Twill never sees Dragic so quit lying, he never stole the ball either. He let Dragic have both passes when he saw who it was meant for. I have it recorded and went back to watch it now. The rest I agree with.

19. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

i agree. he was not intentional on doing that. he kinda forgot he is not PG at the time.

20. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

He's not lying, he's speculating on what happened just like you are. It's not every day you see a guy trying to "steal" two passes from his own teammate so I doubt he didn't see Dragic both times.

None of us can know for sure what goes on inside that r****ded little head of his.