1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Picture Slideshow] Terrence Williams - Effort and Heart (or Lack Thereof)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Antec, Mar 7, 2011.

1. highlander3128

If it is not TWill, who else has more reasons to play his butt off to make show the coach for more playing time when called upon? You tell me. I honestly can't think of a single reason for him to be casual on the court.

2. Antec

Antec Member

I understand what you are saying, and im fine with that. But i highly doubt he is earning his minutes in practice. If he was a superstar and did amazing things in practice and didn't do boneheaded stuff I highly doubt he would get zero playing time when it matters. Also...when he is out on the floor it just seems he doesnt understand the offense...

The same offense that took dragic like 2 games to understand and hes quickly adapted to it.

=[

3. Antec

Antec Member

Also TWILL got playing time right after Batman and Brooks were traded, it seems like he obviously didnt outperform the people ahead of him when he got the chance to show himself.

4. cuddie

cuddie Member

I honestly don't think any amount of effort in garbage time will convince the coach to play you more. I recall many "promising" players playing their hearts out during their meaningless minutes to no avail, Jermaine Taylor being the most recent one shipped out.

Just to clear up any misunderstanding: I don't think Terrence deserves playing time as of yet. I haven't seen him in practice, but as you pointed out, he would be getting more PT if he showed anything in practice. I just don't think a lack of effort during garbage time warrants a crucifixion.

5. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

It would be cool if somebody could post stuff from Rockets practices. Are they open?

6. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

7. worzel gummidge

8. PeppermintCandy

Dragic is an experienced backup PG whose game is very suited to the Rockets' second unit. With Williams, the team has yet to even figure out what position he should play.

IMO integrating Williams would require more changes to the offensive sets than integrating Dragic would. And as Adelman has often pointed out, it's hard to make major adjustments mid-season.

9. Prince

Prince Member

you missed everything. i like what you're smoking.

10. SleepingGiants

These are pictures... A still frame of moving people.

Anyone can look "lazy"

1 person likes this.
  11. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

if you want to display evidence of players lacking heart by posting pics of their hands on their knees, why don't you post the hundreds of times yao ming does it?

12. Victorious

Victorious Member

Lol we're on the midst of making the playoffs and you guys waste your time b****ing about a bench player that is barley in the rotation. I know it's been a tough season but really? This is just sad. Everything TWill does should be in that one thread. There is no reason for multiple threads on the guy. He isn't francis or tmac. It's also another one of those cases where the haters are obsessing more over this guy than his supporters. If he was a rotation player, I'd understand. But you guys are crying over a guy who plays at the end of blow out games while our guys are fighting for a playoff birth. Think about that one.....

13. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

[​IMG]

does this mean yao has no effort and heart?

1 person likes this.
  14. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

fail...don't even try it. If you watched the game it was obvious.

15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

This.

The game was LONG over so
    If he shoots a three, he's running up the score!
    If he gives someone a hard foul he's a "thug" overdoing it in garbage time.
    If makes a good pass, it’s just one pass,
    If he dunks, it’s just a dunk.
    He went through the motions, and now he doesn't care.
    People are acting like scorned ex-wives. Man I how soon we forget when Budinger was stinking up the gym on offense earlier this year & wasn't doing much defensively either. Now Bud is primed for sainthood on this board. As a matter of fact there were a lot Rockets stinking it up early this year. The reality is there are some on this board rooting for this guy to fail. PERIOD. Just remember, T-Will is another one of these Beloved "Morey Moves" that some hold so dearly on this board. So if you think he is a mistake then admit Morey made a mistake. Just face facts, the guy isn't in the rotation, he's a Morey move, and our Rockets were struggling to get to .500 before & after they acquired T-Will.

16. spaceage808

spaceage808 Member

haters gonna hate

17. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

If he is going to be in Houston for any amount of time, you need to change that elevation to 50' or so.

18. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I watched the vid several times of his minutes. Just a couple observations:

1. It definitely appeared that TWill was wanting to bring it up and not play off the ball. He's very obviously a highly ego-driven player. I guessing it torqued him pretty good that he is having to play off the ball to Dragic since Dragic was just brought in here. You could see the gamesmanship with that. But his teammates weren't having any of it. They gave the ball to Dragic.

2. He came down and stood around on the weak side. He never integrated himself into cutting and screening but rather simply stood outside waiting to receive the pass then expecting a screen so he could make a move. Once again, as with Brooks and McGrady, this won't work in Adelman's system. He never cut one time. And to their credit, the other three primary player out there outside of Thabeet simply just kept running their stuff, setting screens, moving, catching, passing, and moving again, until they got a shot off.

TWill is either clueless about how to play within the offense or he doesn't want to play in that structure. The prima donna stuff has got to go, son. I love his talent. He's more physically gifted than anybody else on the team. The bad thing is he knows it. But his head's not in the game. Right now, he's not a good teammate.

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Send him to the D-League.

20. amaru

amaru Member

You are correct sir.

This thread makes 3