1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Picture Slideshow] Terrence Williams - Effort and Heart (or Lack Thereof)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Antec, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Victorious

Victorious Member

He got playing time against lesser competition. The kid is talented. He can play ball, maybe not Rick's style of ball but he has the tools to be a threat but can he put it all together.

2. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

am i dreaming? tmac is back with rox!!!

we waste our 1st rd pick

3. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I laughed pretty hard at the 'where are you going Terrance?' one. He looked better tonight which I think is a good sign. But to be honest it really doesn't matter if he pouts or not he isn't in the rotation so it isn't really hurting the team as far as I'm concerned.

4. Htowndg47

Htowndg47 Member

TWill is an iso type player, and he also wants to be a pg. His athleticism is off the charts, however because of his iso style, he will never fit in a motion offense that's based on off ball movement. Until he redefines his game(moving off ball IN PRACTICE) ,mindset(moving off ball in GARBAGE MINUTES), and attitude( realize even though he is the best player on the team, right now he is the worse), and long as RA is the coach, he will be right where he is ...keeping the bench nice and toasty. i truthfully hope he gets it together because he could be special one day.

5. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

Best player on the team? C'mon now. The guy has talent; no doubt. But so does every other player in the NBA.

6. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

At least he didn't try to steal the ball from Dragic tonight.

7. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

but he replaced him as pg. is it even worse?

8. rocketsmetalspd

The number 1 suits him well, he is one heck of a iso player. IF TWill can just open his eyes and see that RA's offense will only help him get easier baskets.

9. Htowndg47

Htowndg47 Member

i do be believe he is the best player on the team
    athletically, but if he doesn't change his style of play that athleticism means nothing in the Rockets offense. True talent is a combination of mental, athleticism, and heart. At this point, i think HT is more talented then TWill.

10. Clutch34

Clutch34 Member

It's funny to watch the games and see more energy from TWill while on the bench than when he is in the game.

For every nice pass, dunk, defensive block the Rockets have, TWill is the first off the bench to cheer and get excited.
    But, as soon as he gets in the game he almost looks bored. Maybe because lately he only gets garbage time when the game is out of reach
    so he doesn't put forth the effort. I don't know, but he looks like he has two completely different attitudes when on the bench and when off it.

11. HombreDeHierro

I think you really are nailing it. Bc when he made good plays in garbage time, he had a smirk on his face as if to say, "Im too good for this garbage minute ****, Look at me. I make it look easy"

12. RedStaag

RedStaag Rookie

T Wills's PR Deptt just determined that the thread starter took still pics of the game and moved T Will around in those pics to assume some very unprofessional stances.

13. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Where are the videos and slideshow for his baskets tonight?

14. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

I also wanna request a second by second breakdown and micro-analysis of his performance tonight complete with picture sideshow and video...Thanks in advance!

15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Do it yourself. Seems like Kwame and Terrence Williams have something in common. They both like to pout and they both like to let others do the work.

16. worzel gummidge

How many of his attempts to bring the ball up have resulted in a turnover so far?

17. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

williams could have taken advantage by padding his stats down in garbage time. hell jason caffey would have got at least 3 monster jams that would have made him better than he actually was in garbage time minutesi n the 90s. lol

18. Jet036

Jet036 Member

For some reason my computer's not letting me views any of the pictures you posted...how annoying.

19. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Where did the squid nick for Terrence originate from?

20. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Williams scored 5 pts, which is pretty good. It's hard to score when you are playing 1 on 9.:grin: