1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[PICS] Yao is working his butt off, looking determined

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by WinknCatForever, Aug 26, 2005.

Tags:
  1. hooroo

hooroo Member

if he's got a bad ankle/foot, he really shouldn't be running on track anyway. falsone needs him running on the grass or better yet up some sand dunes.

2. rvpals

rvpals Member

That's Rockets assistant coach Tom Thibodeau.

3. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Yao is looking pretty fit there. Guess those reports of him being fat were grossly exaggerated. Then again I look pretty ripped too after a good hard workout :D

okay...maybe not :(

4. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Are they working on his footwork at all? Gosh I wish they would ship Dream out there to coach him as well. But overall Yao is definitely looking like he is working hard. With the added Stamina I can't wait to see his stats by mid season. This will truly be an interesting season.

5. Rudyball

Rudyball Contributing Member

All the talk about his ankle surgery slowing him down doesn't look like it is critically hendering him at this point. Still hope he slowly rehabs it.

6. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

In midseason form:

7. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Yao may never have the body of Kevin Willis or Karla Malone but he sure is hell is not the toothpick he was when he firts entered the league.

8. droxford

droxford Member

You should probably give up on the idea that Yao will ever have great footwork.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

That is one big dude.

10. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

Actually Yao does have pretty good foot work for a 7'-6" guy. He might never be like the Dreams footwork since Hakeem had the benefit of playing soccer when he was younger before basketball. I'm not a big fan of soccer but those guys can run and do some pretty nifty things with their feet. I hope Yao is working on his "Dream Shake" on the baseline cuz if he can hit that consitantly nobody can block him. Then if he adds the skyhook to his arsenal OMFG how awesome would that be.

He looks damn good in those pics. Trim, stronger, and dedicated.

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Why does this guy's shirt say China in English?

12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

have you ever watched yao's footwork? it's pretty good. just because he doesn't move like a cat doesn't mean he has bad footwork.

13. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

His footwork is good for a guy his size plus for a guy who has legs the size of tree trunks. I've never seen a guy with massive legs such as yao's move like a gazelle before. If he can move like an elephant and mow some people over on the way to the basket, I'd be fine with that :)

oh wait he'll get called for a charge :(

14. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

More important things need to happen this summer, for instance, Yao needs to decide to grow the 'stache' or shave it.

15. droxford

droxford Member

To clairfy my statement...

I was responding to tycoonchip's comment:
    I said that Yao will probably never have great footwork (as in, Dream's footwork).

I agree that Yao has good footwork for his size.

16. burlesk

burlesk Serious business

stick a fork in me, guys!

17. JamesC

JamesC Member

I'm just glad to see Yao working on his stamina. If he can play 35-40 minutes a game and stay out of foul trouble that will be a big plus.

18. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Well for you article-hungry bbsers hungry to know about Yao's progress, your favorite translator has come through. No not me.

Also here's a little mention on Yao doing the sprints on that track.

19. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Oh and BTW, this is a picture of Falsone:

[​IMG]

20. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Yao looks great. Having Falsone working with him full-time is really going to help, I am really interested in seeing the difference in his performance and stamina this year from his training regimen this off season compared to his first 3 years of running around with the CNT.

He was not in NBA shape his first three years, I remember one Olympic trial game last year where I saw him run up and down the floor about 3 times on breaks and transition and he stopped in the middle of the court, had his hands on his knees and was gasping for air. Never saw an NBA player do that before. I'm hoping thats behind him.