1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pickup Trucks

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Kevooooo, Jul 21, 2023.

1. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I recall years ago hearing Ram trucks are made with cheap body parts and the doors literally fall off lol

Also heard they have transmission issues — like my old Durango.

I’m not a fan of the bulkiness of Rams though.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I remember, from a thread I started here a few years ago, some people were saying their TIPMs (I want to say... Could be wrong here...) were outdated and obsolete, which leads to potential big problems.

Not sure if they fixed this at all.

3. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Ordered my son a bronco because they made it sound like it would be ‘24 before it was completed. Of course it was done in two months. I thought we should walk, but my bride really wanted it. At the last minute, we traded in my f150 eco boost king ranch. I missed it immediately. You can’t ever have too much truck. My next truck will be this unless Ford starts making an F550 in limited trim.

[​IMG]

Kevooooo and cmoak1982 like this.
  4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Trailers are a must. Trucks pull better, although most suv can tow a single axle with light load

Exiled likes this.
  5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

7. Salvy

Salvy Member

Toyota Trucks are the best, they last forever and hold their value...

[​IMG]

JumpMan likes this.
  8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

sounds like the F150 is the ticket. We've had an F150, lasted a good 15 years through northern winters and road salt, frame finally cracked. Sold the engine to a buddy who put it into an Excursion and the engine went another 100k. Fords are expensive though compared to GMC, Chevy, and Ram.

Needed to tow so moved up to Ram 2500 Cummins mega cab. Probably my favorite truck.

Needed to haul so moved up to Ram 3500 with the 6.4 Hemi. Mechanic friends absolutely LOVE that engine, no problems at all in five years. Base-level trim and easily $5000 cheaper than the comparable Ford F350. Only thing I will say about the 3500 is that unloaded it will bruise your kidneys. I know it's possible to use it as a daily driver but I don't want to. Drive my wife's Subaru whenever I can for short errands or commuting to work.

F150 is the perfect truck for someone who doesn't haul or tow, and wants a sedan-like ride. Should be no problem in a tight Taco Bell drive-thru. ;) Get the extracab and four wheel drive if you ever think you'll go on vacation or use it in snow.

Have also had a Toyota pickup . . . but back in the day, pre-Tundra. Toyotas are nice. All my friends who have a Tundra love them. Not suitable for towing and hauling, although several friends tow campers and seem to have no problems.

#28 Os Trigonum, Jul 22, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2023
    CCity Zero and Kevooooo like this.
  9. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

This.

Make sure your low-profile tires stick out way beyond the fenders and into the lane next to you too.

ima_drummer2k likes this.
  10. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I hate you.

My friend has a Tacoma and he is my primary truck-man when I have a project — in trade I helped him build a putting green in his backyard. I know they’re good trucks. Definitely a better buy for the value, no doubt. Not what I’m in the market for, though.

11. Salvy

Salvy Member

Is this you?

[​IMG]

ima_drummer2k and Os Trigonum like this.
  12. Xerobull

100%. OP should get one.

13. Salvy

Salvy Member

You will learn to love your Tacoma bro, post pics when you get it...

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol

Salvy likes this.
  15. Xerobull

Pole likes this.
  16. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

It might have been me mentioning it at some point.. I don't post as much lately (hoping to post more eventually) but I really don't like dealing with TIPMs, especially if repairing someones vehicle (Dodge, Chrysler, Volkswagen, and Jeep). It's not that I can't do it, I just prefer to work on just pretty much any other car, especially if dealing with anything power/electric/computer/system related. TIPMs is typically not great because since it's all one unit increases cost/effort for no reason to owner/customer/mech and imo stuff that can go wrong/fail only increases w/ time on some years/models.

https://gearsmagazine.com/magazine/...il-safe-codes-related-concerns-and-solutions/

With that said, I'm sure some years are better hopefully for TIPMs but just still not a fan overall. It's similar to how some in this thread jokingly/seriously are only selecting Toyota. I'll take certain years and models for Toyota, sure, but like any car make/model there's years to avoid. So I try to be careful making blanket statements except when it comes to TIPMs :)

#36 CCity Zero, Jul 23, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2023
    Os Trigonum and Two Sandwiches like this.
  17. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Thanks for that!

CCity Zero likes this.
  18. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

you might still be able to order an F-150 with no stop start. They offered a 50 dollar discount and stopped putting it in from the chip shortage.

If you want a v8 time to buy is now.

19. Exiled

Exiled Member

5000lb with a Honda pilot ,it does the job with terrible MPG.

I'm trying to justify buying Kubota 23, just struggling to explain to my wife how we went from :Taho (too bulky),to Tesla *I don't like that guy) to Rivian(too expensive) to a tractor after 3 years of waiting journey

CCity Zero and cmoak1982 like this.
  20. SuraGotMadHops

I've had two F-150s in my day but now I am loyal to the Tundra, it is the best truck I ever had and I love it. I have the 1794 Edition 4x4 which has all the highest and best interior upgrades. It feels luxurious to drive and it turns some heads too. I will never own another kind of truck, I am a Tundra guy for life.

cmoak1982 likes this.