1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Picking #2, #23 and #24 who do you...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballgame, Jun 30, 2021.

1. COMPAQ CENTER

COMPAQ CENTER Member

2. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Im not sure what to think of Prkacin. He seems to me like a thousand other euro tweeners drafted at the end of the first/top of the second that show up to be drafted and are never heard from again. Is he a 3? Is he a 4? Not sure. He seems to play like a 3, and is built like a 3, but he moves like a 4.

Granted, there isnt a ton of really great in depth video. All i see is 10-15 second clips on the YouTube, but I keep thinking of guys like Rocket great Rodons Kurucs and the like, who legit have some skills but never quite seem to find a solid chance and role with a team.

Is there anybody that wants to champion his cause and explain to me how wrong I am and make a case foe him as an NBA player?

The most interesting thing, though, is, when discussing the projected pick at 24:

Sounds like they are suggesting #'s 23 & 24 to Charlotte for #11? That seems like very good value for the Rockets. I'd jump all over that.

#62 Ottomaton, Jul 4, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
  3. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Morey sucks at drafting, it's pure fact.

There is a reason why he was always happy to trade away picks.

danoman, cheke64 and Ramo$e like this.
  4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. Spooner

Spooner Member

I think Roko is definitely talented and he has a good feel and IQ for the game no doubt. I would be wary of what I see in his highlight videos though. I don't see him having the speed to blow by people that consistently in the NBA. He's definitely intriguing but I'm with you in thinking that he probably won't be anything special. What makes the draft so intriguing is that we just don't know. Would be pretty funny if we traded Roco to Portland and used their pick to draft Roko. o_O

B-Bob and D-rock like this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

COMPAQ CENTER likes this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

9. COMPAQ CENTER

COMPAQ CENTER Member

Agreed. I like your suggestion. Although taking Joe Wieskamp at #23 might be a reach.

I hope Rockets may be able to trade their #24 with Pistons for #37 & #42

#2 Mobley or Green
    #23 Thor
    #37 Wieskamp
    #42 Bassey

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Great plan!

If Green is 2nd overall pick, then I'm okay with Bassey.

But if its Mobley, I'd rather take Scottie Lewis or Vrenz Bleijenbergh.

COMPAQ CENTER likes this.
  11. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Also why he was actually scared to tank. At least he knew his weakness.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

Do you even understand Rockets history.

Like at all?

It's like you missed the Les Alexander era completely.

13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Some nice ones in there. I forgot all about Mac McClung. Dude is stupid athletic. Too bad he’s a shrimp

coachbadlee and D-rock like this.
  14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Thor and Mann makes the most sense to me. They are like lesser versions of Green and Mobley but could turn out to be better depending on how the cards play out.

Mann is an inch smaller and less athletic but his 3 pt shot looks pretty good as well. JT thor is like 3 inches shorter and far less polished but maybe the shorter height will help make him less injury prone. Dude def has the size to play PF though.

If we are gonna move 23 and 24 to get 11 then the pick to me are Green and Kai Jones. Jones is like the mid tier clone of Mobley but since he has a wider body and a better 3 pt shot he might turn out to be the better player in the end.

#74 roslolian, Jul 4, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
    Dubious likes this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

16. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

I literally watched the Rockets win the championship with my own eyes and experienced it live. Few here can say that. With that being said.... No I was more interested then, than when the Harden experiment began. We were a team, and competed with more comradery than the dog and pony show that was Harden at PG. Morey was not a good drafter plain and simple. Morey thought he was the smartest person in the room, but everybody is winning a championship but him and the Rockets. Morey didn't have to keep mediocre he chose to, if he couldn't explain to Alexander it would be a better investment to draft a sure fire star that to trade for someone's scraps then he failed at his job. Do you now remember Rockets history? Morey got the job convincing Les he could save him money by using analytics to narrow down a hidden gem. We done here, or is you finished?? You guys cry about Tilman but it's literally no difference. We disagree on some things but I will like comments I agree with, it's a forum not high school, but lets not get silly. May I should have said "Might have been why" instead a straight declaration. It's seems pretty obvious in hindsight. You guys would have loved another 6'9 PF #1 overall. lol Only 6'9 PF I Fked with was 2Pat

13 in 33 likes this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

I commented on your stance that Morey was responsible for the poor drafts when in truth Les refused to bottom out so Rockets could draft at the top of draft instead of middle or end of the draft.

Les consistently stated that the Rockets would be competitive season in and season out.

Morey's draft picks may not have produced a HOFer but he was forced to trade many of his picks and/or young players so Rockets could win.

And WIN the Rockets did. While they did not win any rings, the team did experience the most wins in franchise history AND posed the only consistent threat to the GSW dynasty.

mikenm268 and mightybosstone like this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

It would suck if Jalen Johnson went one pick ahead of Rockets pick.

saleem likes this.
  19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

#2. Green
    23 and 24 I'll take Springer, Josh Christopher, or Grimes.

If we buy some picks get these 2 bigs, Isiah Mobley or Neemias Queta

20. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I also agree that Morey sucked at drafting. He usually preferred to draft 4 year college players, his love for undersized power forwards got really old towards the end.

So far Stone has gotten us nothing but promising new young talent and it’s a breath of fresh air.