1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pick Your Point Guard: Dragic, Lowry or Lin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by gregsa, Jul 4, 2012.

Tags:
?

Who would you like to see in Houston jersey ?

1. Dragic

207 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Lowry

123 vote(s)
    29.7%
  3. Lin

84 vote(s)
    20.3%
  1. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Many more votes than number of views.

SOMEONE STUFFED THE BALLOT BOX!!!

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Repped. Either of the 3 would be good. Could be worse. Much worse.

3. nickg

nickg Member

I'd take dragic, despite having to pay more money. He does everything, other than rebounding and complaining to refs, better than Kyle. Has a much higher ceiling as well. As well as Kyle played for that 2-3 week stretch, dragic played better over the extent of his first consistent stretch as a starter.

4. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

hopefully we can retain the service of Dragic!

5. varuscelli

varuscelli Contributing Member

Bizarre. How is it possible for there to be more votes than views?

6. Raven

Raven Member

It's going to be like Yao all over again, several hundred new members, all with Lin in their name, all spewing a level of idiocy that would even make a Juggalo cringe.

7. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

no you're an idiot. he is a top 10. and we SHOULD pay him 10 mil a year.

8. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Dragic had a good stretch of games for us when Kyle went down. He is still not a top 10 pg. He still makes a lot of mistakes out there. I guess a lot of people on here forget some of the things he did on that losing streak we went on to fall from 6th to out of the playoffs? I think he has the potential to be a really good pg. He is just not worth 10 mil right now.

Lin had a good streak of games for NY. He was in the perfect system for a pg to shine (also with Melo out of the lineup). I am uncertain how he will do in a different system and with other teams peparing for him now. He is good in P&R plays. Needs a more consistent jumper. But those ar ethings he can develop over time. He seems to be a smart player. I wonder if the expectations will be too much pressure for him to handle this year and going forward?

Lowry is a proven pg in this league. I think a lot of people forgot how well he was playing before his injury. After the injury I think there were several things at play that affected him (prob rushed back and not starting). I like his game and with his improved jump shot he is a much better pg than he was two years ago. Has he reached his ceiling though? I think he brings more intensity and leaderhship than Dragic or Lin.

So if I had to pick I would pick Dragic (just not at 10 mil).

9. fkc20

fkc20 Member

I choose Lowry: cheaper, better at the defensive end.

10. nickg

nickg Member

the difference between Lowry and dragic defensively is not very big at all. Dragic had no trouble against anyone really, and he shut down Westbrook and obviously got under his skin.

Dragic put up similar ( possibly better ) numbers than lin over nearly half the season. He was our best clutch performer as well. The only thing I like about Kyle is his contract. Obviously Daryl thinks dragic is worth more than that. Kyle doesn't want to be here either.

11. munco

munco Member

All things equal I think Dragic is the best of the three, but he'll also be the priciest. I think Lin has the most upside and might be a better value. Lowry is the most proven but doesn't want to be here.

12. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

Lin with 2k votes, you joking right? Thats amazing

13. varuscelli

varuscelli Contributing Member

What the hell is going on with the poll? Who's jacking with it?

I think Clutch is playing mind games with us.

I feel like this again:

[​IMG]

14. Third eye

Third eye Member

I was a Dragic guy, but Lowry was always my fave pit bull
    he works harder, but has talent likewise so I'm a Lowry GUY:eek:

15. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

I don't know what you guys are talking about with the poll, Dragic is leading and Lin is in 3rd.

In a vacuum, I would pick Lowry because he's more established with a starting track record, best defender, clutchest player (how soon we forget his 80% end of shot clock heave shooting percentages), and cheapest contract. However, I think that either him or McHale has to go because they hate each other. So in that case, I would rather have Lin at 8 mil a year than Dragic at 10 mil a year. I think that the extra 2 mil a year can help us more than Dragic is better than Lin. Dragic and Lin are pretty comparable in ability.

16. jorgef09

jorgef09 Member

Dragic is the clear choice.

Before Lowry went down with that bacterial infection, I was confident the Rockets had one of the best PG rotations in the league with Lowry (a potential All-Star) and Dragic. After the injury, Dragic really stepped up and Lowry was just not himself. Maybe he was still injured, but Lowry seemed to be frustrating me a lot more with flopping, trying on every possession to get a whistle, and bickering with the refs.

During Dragic's emergence in the absence of Kyle Lowry, he played just as well, if not better, than Jeremy Lin during Linsanity. I'm still not sold on Jeremy Lin - I need to see more.

I'd be fine with either of the 3 PGs, but Dragic is the guy I'm most excited about. Too bad we're likely losing him.

17. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Prefer Lowry - but if he's gonna be a b**** regarding McHale - then I guess it's Dragic...

Lin is a marketing novelty - imo

18. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

What about Lin's knee injury? Was it minor? Has he healed properly? What's the risk of this reoccurring? Most importantly, will he take under $6 mill?

I'd prefer Dragic, but not at 10M. 8 max.

19. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I'm good with all three. I think they can all be allstars

20. Dreamshake1

Dreamshake1 Member

U obviously didn't see the 1st half of the :rolleyes:season

With all bias aside, Lowry is the best option basketball wise. Dragic's too out of control in the clutch