1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PHX pursuing Trevor Ariza (UPDATE: Ariza signs one-year, $15M deal with Phoenix)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 30, 2018.

1. DonatelloLimestone

Lke most tilman sucks threads, its based on actual content and decision making that he lied about, didnt replace well, and now at hte gutter of the nba...its amazing how many of tilman's decisions in his first 3 years evolve naturally into tilman fertitta sucks threads...What to do

BallaDoc and mastan like this.
  2. DonatelloLimestone

Ok so all we did was accomodate to harden is youre reason for saying hes the real issue with the WB trade?

So harden wanted his best friend on the team, ariza, to have his one year contract ignored and not replaced, resigned, traded..basically just worst talent?

Harden wanted ariza replaced with Ennis, Carmelo, or DAniel house...furthermore that same year while the league allows load management, harden continued no games off, heavy minutes and came back to an empty locker in January as Daniel House was cut for tax reasons....then James Ennis traded for a 2nd rounder...no replacements.

meanwhile he sees cavs, raptors, any contenders spedning heavily at all angles.

He didn't want our most successful defensive coach back in bzdelik?

He wanted us to ignore our MLE, our TPE, use our draft assets in trades to just get under the tax rather than try in his window to get better?

Bro, 90 percent of our moves were cost cutting and not adding pieces but lterally using our trade assets to just save money .A money savings that doesn't help morey's flexiblity to work, doesnt help MDA or harden, doesnt help rockets fans who had prices raised on him....those savings go to one man
    one man who coincidentally has veto power and a financial mandate and last word on any position

the same many who went public about chris pauls' contractb eing the worst hes seen

the same man who publicly went ot radio to brag that he pushed the trade through after the fron office was weak

then he says we went all in for harden and to accomodate him, when look that receits above...unless harden's goal was to save tilman money, we weren't accomodating him in almost any of our other transactions..bu

3. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I don’t recall us ever b****ing about Les to this degree and he never spent either. Most teams don’t spend absolute max every year even when contending. Balmier doesn’t either. And all of the “facts” you listed are still just theories. You have no evidence proving that Tilman wasn’t serious about spending but never felt we found a player to spend on. It seems most people just think he should have spent max to keep all 2018 squad — looking back I think it was the right thing to do, but we didn’t know what how bad Ennius would be or how much Cp3 would rebound. Of course he’s made some bad decisions but we are all just theorizing that tilman is as responsible and it wasn’t morey, harden, and tad also involved. His quotes show he wants to speak for his billion dollar team. I don’t get why it upsets people that an owner says he wants to spend and then didn’t. Like, okay, get annoyed and frustrated, but the amount of HATE, the calling of names and insinuations of motive are just childish.

it’s still a business. To hate the man because he doesn’t spend his money just reeks of entitlement to me. And this isn’t Twitter verse. This is clutch-verse. I’m not on the Twit.
    I know nothing about the tiger thing you’re referencing.

roslolian likes this.
  4. DonatelloLimestone

I think there are some passionate people about Les's disappointments. I think he was mediocre, the only time we have paid tax was under him. He was league moving in him giving Morey power and the green light, but he wasn't perfect and we all have heard stories. But Les helped his cause by not plastering himself all over the building, thinking that he was the "rockets" or the face of the team, and then further more there are many instances of TIlman lying to us, to anyone who would listen, rewriting history ,shameless treating fans such as me and you like idios by lying and pointing the finger elsewhere...that doesnt help if you're friend is lying to you, youre enemy, anyone...he handles himself classlessly and that is why.

He can make mistakes, I get that. Denever owner's son made mistakes and then he just ca
    me out iwth it apologized, said he had growing lessons and would adapt. On the other hand tilman is still telling anyone who still is dumb enough to buy the snake oil that we 'went all in'. The transaction and reciepts say otehrwise. So tilman would've gotten A FAR more sympathetic response if he ate some landry's mediocre pie, handled himself with more class, shut up and listened.

I have no evidence?

Onec again, 2018. We're one game from the finals. We had TPE over 10 million(entirely ignored), we had MLE(ignored) We had bird rights(ignored) we had picks we can use....we traded those and actual rotation players for...tax savings

those are actual transaction that literlaly don't help the GM have flexiblity no reason for him to do it, don't help harden, don't help us as fans..they literally only benefit the owners savings. I don't mind if he did that now, while we're at the gutter of the league, he choise to do it when we're in our window, lied to us openly and honestly( you think anyone accidentally trades rotation players and first round picks to get under the tax)/

So yea those moves don't benefit anyone except him. So the writing is on the wall, i guess people can be willfully blind. And if tilman continues a streak of rebuilding rockets well, pays when its his due, I'm happy to forget about it and do what I came here and wanted to do...pay attention to my houston rockets who i did before les, before tilman, before harden, mda, brown and so on and so forth.

"
    And that was the one thing that Morey never really had. According to the cap numbers at Spotrac, which go back to the 2010-11 season, the Rockets barely went over the luxury tax (just $3.65 million over) in their one season (2015-16) as a taxpayer. The Warriors spent $49.63 million in penalties over the last five seasons, while even the small-market Thunder spent $33.73 million. There was no excuse for Houston to not open up the checkbook. This is a franchise located in the fourth-biggest metro area in the U.S. that has had a superstar in the prime of his career. Alexander sat on his hands while Houston’s rivals went all in, counting on Morey’s ability to use advanced statistics to turn water into wine.

This refusal to spend money became farcical once Alexander sold the team to Tilman Fertitta in 2017. Fertitta spent so much money ($2.2 billion) to purchase the Rockets that he may not have had the liquidity to go into the red to build a title contender. Houston was a laughingstock around the league for the amount of juggling it had to do to stay under the tax. The best example came at the trade deadline last season, when Morey used a future first-round pick to shed the salaries of Brandon Knight and Marquese Chriss. There was no basketball reason for the move. It was just done to cut costs. It’s not that Knight and Chriss would have helped the Rockets. But there were certainly a lot of better things that Morey could have used that pick for.

Houston also spent that season in a bizarre staring contest with Danuel House Jr. House is the kind of diamond in the rough that Morey routinely uncovered in Houston, an undrafted free agent on a two-way contract who would become a starting-caliber wing. The problem was that players on those deals can spend only 45 days with the NBA team during the season before their contracts have to be converted. Money in Houston was so tight that Morey had to send House back to the G League when he wouldn’t sign a below-market long-term deal. He replaced House with two players he signed off the street (Gerald Green and Kenneth Faried) before bringing him back right before the playoffs. It’s not like House was asking for the world. He signed a three-year, $11 million contract in the offseason. But even that was more than Morey could offer at the time.

Houston’s limited financial flexibility became an even bigger issue last season after the trade for Westbrook. With the team’s two best players costing a combined $76.7 million, it became almost impossible for Morey to fill out the roster while staying under the luxury tax. Morey and head coach Mike D’Antoni had to conjure up production from players other teams didn’t want. Jeff Green went from being cut by the Jazz to being a crucial piece of the Rockets’ small-ball attack in the playoffs. It was the same story with Austin Rivers, who had been on three teams in five seasons before landing in Houston, and Ben McLemore, who had one foot out of the NBA before the Rockets turned him into a 3-point sniper. All were more valuable in Houston than anywhere else in the league because Morey identified what they could do well and put them in roles that didn’t ask them to do much else."

heres you tiger articlehttps://www.chron.com/news/houston-...fare-group-threatens-lawsuit-over-9231998.php

In fact its not just houston, the league is laughing at tilman. Any board, any tv...go look at rich paul's quotes on if he'd ever let his player ona team like houston. This is a players league, the nba econoimcs and par is only getting more expensive especially with the new tv deals. So tillman needs to change his ways

You can go explain to me which of the aboe are "theories" on our actual transactiosn or when he actually lies and we can all verify it

To be honest, when I found out a local was teh new owner I was excited. I knew les wasn't a local, so to have a houstonian was a great scenerio. He could've paid up, saved money later and gone down as a local legend. So it was too my surprise as each domino unfolded that not only was he going to make cheap moves, but he was going to lie about it. I hope he changes, I'll enjoy my rockets as I always have and will but without some jackass or hoping for the benevolence of some billionaire who raises money on me while cheaping out lower than the par of the rest of the league. Theres a reason the Pres,GM,Ass Gms, Coach, Ass Coach, Veterans, Stars, all wanted out so fast.

Heres a primer posted a LONG time agao about this guy from real gm. Once again, the above all have facts in terms of our transcations, you can go luck up his lying quotes so on and so forth

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=1939179

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...amn-turmoil-unsettling-vibe-surrounds-rockets

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you can't change time
    and you can't change the owner either. I'll always hate Les. but my point of being a Rockets fan is not because of the owner.

I know many of the people here think it is.
    If that were the case, then everyone would be Steve Balmer fans cause he has like 50 billion more than the next guy.

Chris Paul left because he and Harden didn't like each other.
    you can't change that with China money Les.

Les got Chris Paul and then immediately sold the team. Kinda tells you what he really cared about.
    MONEY.

J.R. and raining threes like this.
  6. DonatelloLimestone

Its what I said, I honestly have no problem with your issues with Les. Hes paid tax once, but theres a lot to critisize and I'm fine doing that. Also fine with calling out harden's lack of adjusments, mda's so on. The rockets are bigger than them all. The odd thing is you'll be loud and proud and honest about all that, but when it comes to tilman who probably has more actual direct quotes lying or bullshitting Houstonians, then won't touch it...thats the part that doesn't make sense. The les stuff is all good, MDA, harden theres a lot that find valid points.

Chris paul left because he was traded, he didn't intend to leave. Him and harden didn't work outj ust like maybe ayton or the suns wouldn't be in the finals because we got rid of our glue, we tried to cheap out on non headling moves that have lead to rings from your beloved cluth era. Do we win that ring without Kenny's pump fake cclutch 3? Mario elie? horrys big shots, even rookie Cassel? None of them were the main factors off the team . The nucleus was our great Dream. But they all made vital plays as did paxon, kerr, derek fisher, sean elliot, avery johnson, Crowder so on and so forth.

Thats why loyal guys like Kobe are demanding either trade or help in LA, thats why Lebron left cleveland until they realized you can just bank off of greatness in this league anymore, you have to build a team and an organization. Timmy...he almost left to orlando to...Mj? He also demanded help after dominating for 7 years in the 80s and coming up short. Sooner or later, you learn that STeven A and ESPN might not be the best place to learn about hoops, taht it aint 1-1 legacy stuff.

Those are chris pauls' words himself, now two quotes

fckbandwagons and mastan like this.
  7. tinman

Supporting Member

I get it,

there are people who pretend to be Rockets fans and are happy that the only Championship Trophies we won are in Florida and not Houston.
    Replicas are cheap.

@J.R.

You can be a Les fan all you want. I won't stop you.

And you can pretend Mike D'Antoni is a championship coach, he isn't.

Knicks, Lakers, Rockets, Suns
    ZERO

J.R. and hakeem94 like this.
  8. tinman

Supporting Member

Trevor Ariza was never the reason why we weren't on top.

Look at how Chris Paul is playing his game without meeting some 3 point quota.
    And he's 2 years older.

What happened to the Nets?
    Oh 6 man rotations and running your players to the ground doesn't work.

9. DonatelloLimestone

I'm no Les fan. I'll call it how i see it. He served his purpose for when the nba economics were a little cheaper, I'm glad we moved on. I want to upgrade to the new age owners we got some hybrid who won't pay up yet still touts his billions status. Only losers arer us rockets fans so thats why I would agee with you on les, but for some reason you won't touch Tilman. The disparity between those is the issue. It makes snese if you're all about the rockets and you were here before les so you don't like his style, thats all fine, but then you're seeing Tilman lie to us straight, something les never did, cheap out in our window and you are just mum on it?

Its not about is MDA a championship coach, if you're going to get rid of him, like ariza...have a damn back up plan, they went cheap all the time..thats the problem thats why you're beloved clutch rocketes are in the gutter of the league and you're sitting here talking about the last owner while this one is screwing you, lying to your fae left and right...hard to understand the DISPARITY, not the criticism of les,MDA or whoever

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

BRILLIANT

tinman likes this.
  11. tinman

Supporting Member

If Les and the trophies were stuck under rubble
    I’d save the trophies

12. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

CP3

2018 vs 2021

Win Shares Per 48

.265 > .201

Win Shares

10.2 > 9.2

True Shooting %

.604 > .599

Box +/-

+7.1 > +4.7

PER

24.4 > 21.4

WAR

+13.7 > +9.4

Chris Paul was better in every single way in his first year in Houston compared to any season he has had since.

13. DonatelloLimestone

i'd wager majority of fans on here would.
    We would also do the same if it were tilman, including choosing our rockets over the guy currently dismantling clutch city culture...AND lying to you about it...odd thing you won't save Clutchcity then, only for les, thats the point/issue...if you were equal and gave flak wherever it deserved, it'd be fair. But you focus on one, totally ignore the other guy whose disrespecting and lying to your face openly...not sure how that balances out or why

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

My god man are you being paid by the word count?

Sometime less can be more.

15. DonatelloLimestone

Are you a professional twitter troll, adding in one liners with no content let alone you're own typical "thats not on topic" basically someone with a just enough primer knowledge to think they are smart, but dangerous and dumb enough not to realize what details he doesnt' know, and adding in nothing to the conversation.

I agree with ya, its long winded and unedited. The main heavy part is quoted from a supporting article, but once again This is a message board, you don't have to read it just like many won't read the junk you spew out. Then take your time in to responding about word count on clutch fans.

If you got nothing else to say or add, just move along kiddo, don't be that guy.

fckbandwagons likes this.
  16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yeah @jiggyfly if this is what you're doing then cut it out. That is my schtick.

tinman and jiggyfly like this.
  17. DonatelloLimestone

Frankly, I take it back. One liners, memes, they are all appropriate and can be fun

but my man here just more than usual goes on about "not being in topic" and just plays a contrarian lke those on twitter who might just respond and reply to spelling errors rather than any actual content or saying something.

Theres a role for that of course in the internet, trolls, and its always gonna be there. but he showing less and less and taking his time to respond and say nothing, nothign funny anything
    reminds me of this in many of his posts[​IMG]

but its all good, we got a little of everything for anyone in clutchfans.

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You just can't help yourself.

Yes this is a message board and have you ever seen this on a message board?

TLDR.

You got all this vitriol but yet even you admit its long winded and I don't care about the editing.

How about you don't be that guy, the guy who is posting a thesis every 3rd post.

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Dude.

How about you stay on topic and try and be more brief with your post.

You asked a question in the other thread and then when you did not like the answer you wanted to change the topic, I might have engaged you but your post are too freakin long and they are a bit incoherent.

Really I am not trying to be a troll or an ******* just giving you a bit of advice if you want to engage with people more.