1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Photoshop: Stoudemire in a Rockets uni (merged: Rockets-Suns trade rumor)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

What the heck? How would acquiring Amare put us in rebuilding mode? We're getting another All-Star, and we're shoring up our front court. If all we have to give up is T-Mac and Brooks and maybe some other fillers (Barry, Cook, etc) to make this deal happen, I'm 100% for it. If anything, a second unit of Lowry, Wafer, Landry, Hayes, and Amare will make your "beloved" Rockets team a team to beat in the West.

2. Xcellerator

Xcellerator Member

Suns don't have #14 anymore, it's now #25 since they traded it away.
    TMac + Landry for Amare and fillers is enough.

3. abc2007

abc2007 Member

That is just MY feeling. My beloved rockets team is dead. But, YOUR beloved rockets team may just come alive.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

For the record.

Yes to Amare if it is TMac + Landry

No to Amare if it is Tmac + Brooks

That is how I see it.

DD

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

What if Landry is then shipped off in a package that nets Rubio?

6. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

i disagree with you here. for a superstar, you trade ANYBODY. i wouldn't trade brooks for rubio, but amare, hell yes.

you get superstars. you build around them afterward.

7. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

DD...think about what you're typing man lol

You're gona turn down a 20-10 power forward that hasn't reach his prime yet because PHX would want Aaron Brooks?

Really?

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Landry for a top 4 pick? Ehh doubtful or I should say, not happening.

9. Jebus

Jebus Contributing Member

what if Landry is flipped for another PG (draft or otherwise)?

Is your main problem losing Brooks, getting a glut of PFs, or both?

I'd be upset losing Brooks, but I'd get over it if the team could pick up a PG in the draft Morey liked enough to go after.

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

amare and barbosa

barbosa would fit perfectly in the deal and he would solve our backup 2 guard issue. wafer is bigger but i would prefer barbosa much more.

11. krockets

krockets Member

True, but Amare isn't a superstar...

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

I'm gonna read DDs mind and will respond with why trade Aaron Brooks who hasnt reached his prime yet. Am I right DD? ;)

13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

losing brooks hurts us a whole lot more than losing landry if we deal for amare. scola would become the better version of landry if we get amare.

14. krockets

krockets Member

Out of the entire Phoenix team, other than Nash, I think Barbosa would benefit the Rox the most, even though his contract is on the expensive side..

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

A Barbosa or Richardson is going to have to come back in the deal. Amare for T-Mac and fillers wont do it alone.

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I agree. I'd rather move Landry than Brooks, if for no other reason than moving Brooks opens up another hole.

No matter what you think of Brooks, if he's gone off the team he requires a player to be signed or traded for to replace him. If Landry goes in a deal for Amare though, no other roster move is required to replace the pieces given up. You'd still be free to make whatever other moves you wanted.

17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

richardson's salary is far too big. barbosa's is perfect. sure j-rich would be better but he makes twice as much as barbosa.

btw...for trade considerations do cap rules use the 09 salary or the 08? i would think it would be 09 but i am not 100% sure.

18. Jebus

Jebus Contributing Member

Oh I definitely agree. But if it's part of a multi deal process that ends up getting the Rockets, say, Amare, (+/-Barbosa) and a rookie PG that Morey + Adelman are high on for the cost of T-mac, Brooks and Landry, I'd be ok with it.

I think the Rockets were preparing for the possibility of dealing Brooks with the Lowry acquisition.

Also, I think Amare becomes the better version of Landry. Scola's not really like either of those guys. Although I see your point about Scola moving to the bench role. It seems like he'd be ok with it, and I think he'd dominate there.

19. bigbodymoe

bigbodymoe Contributing Member

My exchange with the John F. on chron.com

[Comment From Moe]
    Hearing alot about Amare to houston. How do you see his game fitting around Yao? Also, Ricky Rubio, How impressive is his game to you? If at all?
    12:11
    Jonathan Feigen: He fits badly. He has a decent shot, but needs the low block to be effective. He is a lousy defender, which would expose Yao's lack of quickness.

I like Rubio a lot. They say point guards are born, not made. He is a good example of that.

20. conquistador#11

Parting ways with brooks would be a tragedy of biblical proportions. I don't want to sound like Al davis or a junkie but speed is awesome. The speed and quickness of brooks makes the Zen master curse on national tv and in his sleep.

Landry and tmac, now we're talking. :D Just get the guy some goggles and we'll have the 2 best players from that draft class..jeje.