1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Photoshop: Stoudemire in a Rockets uni (merged: Rockets-Suns trade rumor)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 24, 2009.

1. drich

drich Member

2. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

^^ YES!! still a chance!

3. djohn2oo8

djohn2oo8 Member

There is no chance....Stoudamire doesn't wanna come here

4. drich

drich Member

Amare is this you? or is this his agent?

5. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

I just noticed the last 3 post all have d's in fron of the names.lol well i dont think Amare doesnt not want to come here. when he say that?

6. djohn2oo8

djohn2oo8 Member

Because, if he did want to come here, the deal would have been done by now.......That, and it was discussed on 610 as to why the deal didn't go down

7. drich

drich Member

it was 1560 who made the assumption that this was the reason. The exact qutoe was "Amare must not want to come here to Houston". I was listening to the radio when this was said. Lance was the person who said this and now you are turning it around to him not wanting to come here LMAO. This is how rumors get started. Before you run back with this kind of news please look for a link first. O yeah here is a link with Nelson saying Curry will stay with GSW.
    http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60120/20090626/nelson_currys_not_going_anywhere/

8. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

I'm not sure getting amare would be the best thing. We need a wing player with a triple threat, basically, mcgrady or someone who can fill in that role. If by some chance we do get amare, I think we would be better offensively.

9. drich

drich Member

i agree with you 100%...Brooks, Tmac, Landry for Amare and Richardson.....Richardson contracts is for 3 more years but I think you take the chance though. Hopefully u can get gortat and bibby to split the mid level. resign artest let wafer walk.

Bibby/lowry
    Richardson/taylor/budinger
    artest/battier/barry
    amare/scola/hayes
    yao/gortat

i like my chances here and suns may do it just to dump richardson's salary, not sure morey wants to take his contract on though.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

We dont have that kind of money to resign Ron, and give the money to Bibby AND Gortat that theyre looking for.

11. Aussie_Fozzey

Aussie_Fozzey Member

rumour has it that the rockets are pursuing hedo and sheed?
    anyone care to enlighten this?

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

The only thing I heard on Sheed is from what Bucher said on twitter, other than that, I dont know. As for Hedo, I keep hearing his name thrown out there that we may like him. As to if we sign him I dont know. Turkoglu may end up in Detroit and Portland is said to like him though Detroit has some money to spend to get 2 good players like a Boozer and Turkoglu

13. Aussie_Fozzey

Aussie_Fozzey Member

realisticly why dont the rockets trade tmac for rondo,ray allen and throw in AB?

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

I'd love that trade but why does Boston make that trade? Rondo is better than Brooks from a basketball standpoint but it seems he has some issues behind the scenes. I've heard that he's "hard to coach". And Allen is better than an injured T-Mac. Allen is in the last year of his deal, and so is T-Mac so I dont see why Boston would trade with us in particular, unless theyre desperate to move Rondo and Allen.

15. Illustrator

Illustrator New Member

So many trade rumors.... the off season is really here then :D

16. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

True. that trade is not happening.. Boston is thinking abt championships..

17. drich

drich Member

Question are you reading everything here. 1st going by what you are saying we don't have the money to resign Ron right now, which you are wrong. 2nd Bibby will get no more than the midlevel unless the Hawks resign him which he has said he doesn't want to play with Crawford. Last point is Gortat will not get more than 3 million which I really think it will be less than that. That takes me back to my point of Trying to sign Gortat for around 2 million and Bibby for the other 4 of the midlevel. Bibby could get the money back through China endorsements I imagine. If not try and sale him on the fact RA is here, plus C Webb made a joke with him on live air about coming to Houston during the season. So I know it is on his mind already

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Sorry you must of just took my post in the wrong context. We dont have money to give to Ron, Gortat, and Bibby which means give money to ALL 3 players. Not just Ron or just Gortat or just Bibby. But I cant help you for your misunderstanding. But thanks for trying! :rolleyes: And what is Ron going to resign for? More than or right at the midlevel. Correct? Bibby and Gortat could probably do better than your offers even if they dont resign with their respective teams, which I think both is likely despite what you say. And why do you think theyre FAs in the 1st place? For the money. If they or more particular Gortat wanted to sign for a championship, he could go back to his old club. And you know Houston is on Bibby's mind? Is that what he is thinking about? Thanks for telling us, I wish I had the inside info like you. I mean, honestly, get a clue. We dont have money for those guys. Why do you think resigning Ron is top priority? Because after that, theyre not going to have much money left if they do resign him. And then with that remaining money, we're likely to get a scrub backup C. But keep your wishful thinking, maybe it'll come true and I'll end up wrong!

19. drich

drich Member

I see where you are messing up now. We own ron's bird rights so therefore he does not effect our mid level money :rolleyes: ...So we will have the midlevel to spend on whoever we want that takes us back to Bibby and Gortat. Landry signed for 3 million so Gortat will not make over that on the open market and Bibby will get at the most the full mid level. It has been reported already that Bibby doesn't want to play with Crawford (oh yeah just in case you didn't know Crawford was traded). On NBA tv Webb and Bibby joked about him (being Bibby) playing for RA in Houston. I really hate having to break down so much for SOME people who don't know as much as they think they do on here. Oh yeah Les has said that he has no problem going into the LT if it brings us the right people by the way also. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

20. drich

drich Member

My bad someone who knows you just told me why you don't understand the money part of the game. Didn't know you were 18 years old, kind of youg there. well i just explained it to you hope u understand now