1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Photoshop: Stoudemire in a Rockets uni (merged: Rockets-Suns trade rumor)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

What I heard Broussard say on Sportscenter was that the deal isnt done...YET. Curry is the hold up because Golden State didnt expect him to still be there at #7. He also said that Phoenix is still talking to other teams, but that may just be posturing.

2. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

Nice...now that you're absolutely positively unsure, I'd have to trust this gut feeling.

3. StevieFlight3

StevieFlight3 Member

I don't really have time to go through 77 pages so can someone please tell me if there is some basis or is this pure speculation by Clutch?

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

5. 1RocketMac11

1RocketMac11 Member

amare is pretty much a lock to go to GS, there's a PHX Suns insider that's been reported as credible saying the deal is essentially agreed on, and on ric bucher's twitter, he says the deal is all but done.

he won't come here

6. 1RocketMac11

1RocketMac11 Member

7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

What about the Stephen Curry drama?

8. Xcellerator

Xcellerator Member

LOL! If that happened, oh man. :(

Rocket's dream for Amare will never happen. ;/

9. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

this could be it

i believe GS thought curry would be gone and they would have had Jordan Hill which is the type of big mobile man that phoenix would like to have along side with biedrins with their depleted front court. Also Hill being from UofA would have been a nice little bonus with the fans there.

once Curry fell into their laps GS went with him since he was the best player available and a perfect fit for the system there.

I think GS wants to try to do the trade while holding onto Curry and PHX wants curry now (even though they technically have no use for him with nash, barbosa and jrich) since they can always trade curry to some other team for assets

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

PHX is going to shop around now I feel. Because they wanted Curry suddenly and the Warriors...well Curry is tailor-made for that team honestly.

I don't understand how PHX was going to go with the previous deal, it wasn't that great at all. Kerr really doesn't know what he's doing.

11. Luckkky

Luckkky Member

Amare/Yao

I really don't know why everyone is going crazy for Amare, if Amare and Shaq didn't work out.. what makes you guys think that Amare and Yao can co exist? :confused:

12. Matt Maloney

Matt Maloney Member

cause amare would be here to reduce yaos minutes, which helps yaos feet

13. piggy

piggy Member

Because it works perfectly in NBA Live '09. Why wouldn't it work IRL?

14. Luckkky

Luckkky Member

Amare got pissed off cause he didn't get the ball enough you know that right?

15. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

He'll get the ball even more, with Yao resting or with a broken foot, so it works out.

16. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

Hehe, so does Chuck Hayes scoring 90 points in a 48 minute game.

:D

17. blacktopKING

blacktopKING Member

Enough with all this Amare talk. Amare would NOT work out in Houston. This guy does not like to play defense. The Rox need a C of his size/athleticism but with more of a defensive mentality. Someone like David Lee would work wonders in the Rox system. Gortat, D. Lee, the Chandlers, that young guy from Miami...those guys would have an awesome impact here in Houston.

18. t-mac4bigmac

t-mac4bigmac Member

The fact is that Shaq is washed up, now and also when first went to the Suns. Also the way Shaq plays is completely different from the Suns should have played, which was running and fast breaking. That team was ruined when they traded away Marion who was perfect for that team, and instead got Shaq who is a half-court player and is on the decline.

Amare on the other hand is a great individual player. He played well under a fast breaking system, but then also thrived in a slowed down half-court setting. Because of that he would be a great fit with the Rockets. His only problem last year was that he was injured often.

19. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Member

I posted the following in another thread but this thread is probably more appropriate:

I know some people were scared of giving up Brooks and Landry just in case Amare walked at the end of the year. Some also didn't like his lack of defense, along with his 'attitude problems,' specifically that he wouldn't like being the #2 option behind Yao. Now, if the Amare to GSW deal is dead, I'm thinking it could be that Phoenix doesn't want to trade Amare's expiring contract for Biedrins' long-term contract (even though I don't think it's really a 'bad' contract in terms of value). Bearing all that in mind, how about something like this:

HOU gets Biedrins, S.Jackson/Maggette, Barbosa
    PHO gets Tmac, Landry, Brooks, filler from HOU (expiring contracts, cash, future picks, etc)
    GSW gets Amare, same type of filler from HOU

We get 3 really good established players, 2 of which (Biedrins, SJ/CM) address our biggest needs. GSW saves a lot of money while adding Amare for a year, and PHO gets younger while also saving some cash. Do both teams get worse next year? Most likely. But that doesn't seem to be a concern for a lot of teams right now.

As far as Amare vs. Biedrins goes, even though I've really liked him for a long time Biedrins is clearly no Amare. But he is better defensively, doesn't have the injury concerns, and is more of a role player (in terms of style, not amount of talent). Plus, more importantly, instead of losing him for nothing in a year, we'd have him tied up for 4 or 5 years at, IMO, a fairly reasonable price considering his age (9 million).

What do ya'll think? Any of this make sense?

20. Stone Cold Hakeem

Stone Cold Hakeem Contributing Member

I don't see Morey moving all/any of our tradeable assets without acquiring an all-star level talent and/or all star potential talent -- and Barbosa, Jackson, and Biedrins, while great roles players, definitely do qualify. Plus they are all tied up in expensive long term contracts.

In the case of McGrady's contract, I don't see them moving that unless that can cherry pick a quality all-star talent or break the expiring contract down into two or more expiring contracts. While it certainly seems Morey values Brooks talent more as a trade commodity then as a benefit to the team, I don't think he'll flip Brooks or Landry unless the opportunity is too good to pass on (Rubio, Stoudemire).