1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Photoshop: Stoudemire in a Rockets uni (merged: Rockets-Suns trade rumor)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 24, 2009.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

johnhollinger :Chad Ford just chimed in to pour a bathtub full of cold water on the Amare to Golden State rumors. Most likely, Curry stays in the Bay.

2. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Flutie for the Hail Mary! Thank you Jesus I was about throw up after I heard Bidrins is centerpiece of the package from GS.

We are still alive.

3. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

There is hope indeed! Lets package the rights to these second rounders we just bought with the rest of our original deal to entice the Suns even more

4. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Please get a grip.

5. engr_alex

engr_alex Member

well, if phx doesnt sign amare to an extension this offseason, its more than likely he'd be traded. so now it's a waiting game

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Alright, will do.

7. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

I went from not wanting this deal to being upset when it didnt happen. With these three picks we acquired tonight, I wonder if Morey will revisit these discussions. Come on, Morey...Its Steve Kerr. You can do this. Easily...

8. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

Why is this thread not locked? Is this deal still alive?

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

First it was reported a Houston-Phoenix deal was never on the table, then it was reported he could go to GS. Now that is a dead deal, so if there were ever discussions of a deal with Phoenix, it could be back on. Some suspect a huge trade will happen with the guards we picked up. Who knows, we'll have to wait and see.

10. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

There were 10 reports that an Amare/Tmac trade was in the works, and you continue to believe the one report that says it never happened.

Teams have always denied trade rumors in case they don't work out. Otherwise you're stuck w/ angry players stuck on your team.

11. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

From what I gather, Suns fans seem to put stock into the info this guy gets.

http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/PaulCoro/56284

5:20 p.m.: There is a strong possibility that the Stephen Curry pick was made for the Suns. It seems Phoenix was concerned Curry would be taken with one of Minnesota's two picks. We could be looking at an announcement next week that Amare Stoudemire is going to Golden State in a deal for Andris Biedrins, Stephen Curry and some other Warriors players like Marco Belinelli and/or Brandan Wright.

5:10 p.m.: If the Suns have a deal in place with Golden State, the Suns are thrilled after Minnesota took two point guards without tabbing Curry. There was just a cheer from Phoenix's basketball operations office when the sixth pick was announced. This deal might not be announced tonight because of base-year compensation on Andris Biedrins. The Suns were hoping Stephen Curry or Jordan Hill would fall and be available at the Warriors' seventh pick. Now, both are. Hill might be more of a need help but the Suns might be surprised that Curry is even possible. The Suns have liked Curry for a long time, dating back to a time in the scouting process when they thought he might be there at No. 14.

12. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

Not that im buying too much into it but why was it that Morey went out his way to buy the rights of 2 pgs when we have Brooks/Lowry. They are young enough. Wouldn't the smart thing be to sign a veteran if he was looking for pg depth??

13. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

from brightsideofthesun.com

"After being rumored all day, it seem virtually confirmed that Amare Stoudemire will go to the Warriors for Steph Curry, Andres Biedrins and some combo of Kelenna Azubuike, Brandon Wright and/or Marco Belinelli. This can't be announced until Wednesday July 1st b/c Beans is a base year contract guy which basically means this can't be announced until Wednesday"

but this was posted at 9 PM MDT.

14. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

was this before the trade was pronounced dead?

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

yup. I think Phx wanted Curry in the deal adn that killed it.

16. professorjay

Ok, I did a little digging and found this:

Granted it's not a direct link, but another forum posting the quote. But this post was BEFORE the draft.

Add to the fact that it looked like the Warriors were drafting according to plan for the proposed Suns/Warriors trade...my guess is it looks like this thing will go through after all.

I hope I'm wrong about all of this.

17. professorjay

Ugh, further confirmation on my hunch:

Ric Bucher tweets:

18. Nick_Young

Nick_Young Member

How about his eyes?

19. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

Ric Bucher on Twitter

"For those who didn't watch the telecast - all freakin' 84 hours - the Amare trade is expected to get done after July 8, when FA period opens"

20. worzel gummidge

Suns aren't taking on more salary in a trade. So either Barbosa on his own or a combination of at least two players from this group: Lopez, Dragic, Dudley, or Tucker would have to be packaged with Amare.

Nash, Barbosa, Dragic
    Curry, Bellinelli
    J-Rich, Dudley, Tucker
    Wright,
    Biedrins, Lopez

*Players in grey could be packaged with Amare.

Does that look like a contending team in the western conference? Hopefully, Nash won't think so and refuses an extension.