1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Photoshop: Stoudemire in a Rockets uni (merged: Rockets-Suns trade rumor)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 24, 2009.

1. HalataHoops

HalataHoops Member

Why would this make Yao walk? Amare contract will be up at the end of 2010. If it didn’t work out and the season was a bust do you really think the Rockets would keep him and let Yao walk?

2. Zfan

Zfan Member

Amare is a beast but I don't like this idea. Another injury is going to happen. The Suns will not let him go if he's really healthy.

3. krockets

krockets Member

Amare doesn't guaranteed us a championship and it usually takes 2 years for new players to get used to the Adelman system...

The way I see it, it just like putting Wade and Kobe on the same team (except Olympic), or Nash and Jason Kidd on the team. It's a disaster waiting to happen..

4. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

You forgot to photo shop some rec specs on him as I believe that's how he'll have to play to protect his eye from now on.

5. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

This would be one of the most epic trades in Rockets history. The roof would blow off the Toyota Center if we got him and he slams it home for the first time as a Rocket. :eek:

6. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

That is the only concern the Rockets should consider. Is He healthy enough to play for the team in the next 3 to 4 years. If yes then It would be a decent gamble to get him.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I've said it many times, this is the guy we should be after.

Tmac + whoever else for Amare. Maybe Tmac and Brooks for Amare and Dragic. That makes this team better if you ask me. MUCH better with Amare + Yao frontline.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

They can't AFFORD to keep him and get nothing when he leaves next season. That's why they will trade him.

9. krockets

krockets Member

My other question, how many times have Clutch ever broke a news like this magnitude before the other media?

10. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Nothing is guaranteed but adding Stoudemire to the Rockets can't hurt right? Especially when the pieces going out includes a player that contributed NOTHING to our success last year and a point guard that can't get our Center the ball.

I'm confused with your analogies because Yao and Amare play the game in two completely different ways. The only similarities I see is that both have a nice touch from 17ft on in and both can shoot FTs pretty well. Other than that, one has more of a post up game while the other uses his athleticism to get his points.

"Wade and Kobe on the same team (except Olympic)" hahaha how are you going to disregard the ONLY time they've been teammates just because it totally discredits your point? :D :p

11. abc2007

abc2007 Member

So, we can afford to keep him and get nothing when he leaves next season?

12. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

All I see is Tmac in that... God I hope he leaves.

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Clutch isn't breaking news, he's breaking a rumor. He's "heard" and he "believes" that this is their target. He has not said they will get him, that a deal is close, etc. Clutch isn't stupid and he doesn't make stuff up (that we've seen thus far.)

14. Tornadoofsoul6

It wouldn't be bad if it was TMac + Landry for Amare + whatever cap fillers IMO. If it works out, then great you have a championship caliber team. If it doesn't, the Rockets can swing a trade for Amare which probably will bring in players with higher trade values than TMac + Landry.

Assuming the Rockets resign Wafer and Artest.
    PG: Brooks/Lowry
    SG: Artest/Wafer
    SF: Battier/Artest/White
    PF: Amare/Scola/Hayes
    C: Yao/Amare/Scola/Dorsey

And add another player by buying a draft pick, not too shabby.

15. krockets

krockets Member

There is an opportunity cost of every trade, by bring in another post monster like Amare, what else could we trade to cover up our obvious weakness at the SG spot?

On the other hand, there was an interview about Yao couple years ago saying that he thinks Amare was(is) his "lifetime enemy" or "lifetime mutual competition". For whatever reason, Yao does have an huge ego issue everytime Amare was bought into the picture...

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I think thats more like it. If we keep Brooks it will be a bigger steal than the Gasol trade.

17. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

the rockets won't mind that. yao only has a few years left so...

18. krockets

krockets Member

I really hope this is just a rumor...

19. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

T-Mac, Brooks and Landry for Amare + 14.

Get it done Morey

20. min

min Member

GET IT DONE MOREY!!

GET IT DONE!!

i smell championship!!!