1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Photoshop: Stoudemire in a Rockets uni (merged: Rockets-Suns trade rumor)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 24, 2009.

1. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

This was said when we acquired Artest as well.

2. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

because most people thought Tmac would be there too help.

3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Would you rather have that kind of hope or

"Wow, we might get a high lotto pick next year!" :rolleyes:

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

You could pick up a Birdman type player without much trouble. And Artest is not one of the best defenders anymore.

5. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

And we were 1 game away from achieving it despite Yao Ming going down.

6. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

Birdman here with Amare would be MONSTER. I couldn't dream of a better frontcourt.

7. steddinotayto

Right, and how would picking up a Birdman-type of player hinder our chances of getting an Amare Stoudemire.

As for Artest, he still does a pretty good job alongside Shane. If there were better options on defense THAT's available, hey, I'm all for it. But as of now, he's a player I would like for us to keep because there aren't many available options out there that can be had unless the Rockets are going to throw millions to Trevor Ariza.

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I know that, but I feel Amare has a big ego issue.

9. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

How about we try our best and see what happens?

Kinda getting tired of this whole guaranteeing business. Makes people look foolish. :rolleyes:

10. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

I feel you have issues too but that's just my opinion. :p

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

If Amar'e is the target, can we please quit with the "I don't want to give up anyone to get him" posts?

JRich or Barbosa would have to be included in the Suns' salary dump. Whatever players we get, we have to give them solid players to build on. You're talking about Yao insurance backup in one of the league's best power forwards as well as a solid guard.

That isn't gonna be had for free.

12. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Yao too, right? People should just stop assuming that everyone will be healthy next year. With our luck... I mean, come on.

Losing is losing. There's no moral victories in going to 7 games. We lost. Fact.

13. eman

eman Contributing Member

No, please no. We need character on this team, not characters, especially injury-prone, egotistical characters. If he comes here I hope RA works the same magic on Amare that worked on RonRon. Team ball finally got us out of the first round, even pushed LA to game 7-- I hate to see that at risk. DaDakota, I agree with you: hate to see DM swinging for the fences.

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I like your sense of humor. We all want the best for the Rockets,even when we look at things differently.

15. Vivid

Vivid Member

He was still second team all NBA defense last season. We seem to underrate our stars and overrate our role players. This is probably because of expectation vs. actual value. Artest is not one of the best defenders anymore? He is top 20 in steals per game. He may not be the best defender anymore but there can definitely be an argument for his still being one of the best. Of course, this also depends on your definition of "one of the best." Are you talking top ten or top twenty? At his position or in general?

16. bjshot

bjshot Member

What's the real deal?

In the middle of the season, some source said Suns shopped around Amare with no success and Rockets was interested. Later on other source revealed Rocketss target was Nash. It made more sense. Rockets now have many offense weapons, what they need most is a good ball distributor.

now Amare rumor raised again. I doubt how true it could be. It should be top business secret unless it is a done deal. How could the media and fans get it so easily? See the ratio of how many times did the trades surprised fans or not. I think it's unlikely that Amare is the true target of Rockets. It's probably DM just played around with media and removed the attentions from media and other teams.

that's my 2 cents.

17. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Getting swept and losing in 7 are not the same.

18. IamKhan

IamKhan Rookie

I think we have enough expiring contracts to match most of the Suns unwanted longer ones.

Will this work number wise?

TMac/Brooks/Landry/Cooks/Barry

for
    Amare/JRich/Barbosa

19. steddinotayto

What's the real deal is how you decided to register with the moniker BJshot.

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I think Amare is a target because there are other "Moneyball" point guards out there that can he had. I think Morey sees an opportunity grab Amare and resign him now. That would be insurance for 2010 and Yao maybe leaving(I hope not). I think Morey doesn't see PG as very important.