1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Photoshop: Stoudemire in a Rockets uni (merged: Rockets-Suns trade rumor)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 24, 2009.

1. worzel gummidge

Max contract, always injured.

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Seems like the Pistons are still really trying to dump him and Tayshaun for value in return. They also just traded Amir Johnson to the Bucks, Maxiell is about their only reliable young big right now, so maybe they'd be interested in Landry.

If we could still dump Tmac on them and include some young guys, I'd love to add Rip and Tayshaun.

Somebody else can come up with a scenario.

3. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

they would be great on the team too but I doubt the pistons would want Tmac after what they when through with AI.

4. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

yes.. for getting Amare.. we are gonna deal T-Mac

5. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Btw, Amare will NEVER, ever, evvvvvvvvver, agree to come off the bench lol. And I don't like the idea of him starting at the 4 next to Yao since well, we saw what happened with Shaq.
    In Morey I trust, heck he might send Amare to Washington after that!

6. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Btw, great photoshop! Now do the same with Dionte Christmas!

7. Rocketman2000

Rocketman2000 Contributing Member

Let's say we did a deal for Amare .. but didn't. I like the Detroit scenario deal much better.

8. redao

redao Member

he is no friend of Yao.
    he might steal Yao's spotlight.
    one more guy to take shots away from Yao.
    he does not do the dirty work for Yao.
    Yao's fans dont like jerk player.

1 person likes this.
  9. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

Morey would be the best GM ever if he gets this done.

10. CRJames14

CRJames14 Member

^ The man above me speaks the Truth... Dionte Christmas would be a great addition to the team. Thats my hope for buying a pick...

11. jwayne

jwayne Member

I have no idea where I posted it a few weeks back when all this trade speculation heated up but I felt like the Rockets were going after Amare. I believe we were close to acquiring him last year at the deadline. I just think this stuff, I dont know this stuff to make myself clear. I just think that Morey is going to make him a Rocket. To me it makes sense, Amare is not going to shoot lights out, although shot has improved in recent seasons. But, with his athletic and explosveness at the rim and not to mention legit 6'10 body, he is a great compliment to Yao. Remember Hakeem and OT? OT was HUGE in the Rockets first championship run in 94. OT made life easier for Hakeem in a big way. I like a deal to acquire Amarea... Im thinking TMac + Brooks = Amare + Barbosa with other pieces to make it happen. Kyle Lowry becomes our starter which I like. I love Brooks, but I think AB is expendable. Lowry is more of a true point, lighting quick and loves to penetrate. Barbosa is much like Brooks. Thats all, just my take on the "story".

12. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

I disagree. I think this could definitely work. Yao can take his man outside, which Shaq wasn't really capable of doing. I would certainly want him starting if we have to get rid of that much to get him.

That being said, though, I will agree with you that I trust in Morey. Guy knows a hell of a lot more about this stuff than all of us.

13. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

completely agree with you man

14. Raven

Raven Member

I'll go on record as saying I don't think he'd be a good fit, and this is one trade rumor that I definitely hope falls though.

15. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I think the better way is to sign Gotart or Resheed with full MLE as Yao's backup, and use Tmac's saving salary to pay lux tax.

16. EGYPT

EGYPT Member

this would solve the backup center and the size in the power forward problems.

17. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

hey dont forget the goggles he's going to be using after his eye injury... :D

18. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Amare is one of the most efficient offensive players there. If we can get him for tmac morey needs to get it done.

19. redao

redao Member

my exact feeling..he will end up in New York soon.

20. bjshot

bjshot Member

And forget about Defense now. I don't think DM will do it unless he's sure he can get a proved real point guard like a. miller or j kidd. Otherwise Rockets will be no team but an assembly of talent individuals.