1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Photoshop: Stoudemire in a Rockets uni (merged: Rockets-Suns trade rumor)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 24, 2009.

1. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I don't think so. Nash + Amare = roughly $30M in salary and that's before Phoenix includes the throw-in's and guys they want to get rid of like Barbosa.

2. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Replaced Amare with Nash then it's a deal.

3. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

What are we really blowing up.?? Brooks? he's not that good. Hes overated as hell,there i said it. Hes a midget,that cant pass. Hes not even that great of a shooter. Ok I'm serious this is my last post Im going to bed. :cool:

4. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

Yes that is a deal, I still want their stinkin pick though. :)

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

1. Stoudemire is an upgrade over Landry. Barbosa for Brooks is a wash.
    2. Considering that we already have Scola at PF, we're basically coming out even just to get rid of McGrady, and we're not really addressing our needs. I just don't think Stoudemire is the impact player that we need at this point.
    3. I think I'd only be excited if we made another move to address the C problem - and the new PG problem which would be created by this trade.
    4. Damn I'd miss Landry and Brooks. I'm not ashamed to admit it.

6. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

How is this bad when we are really just losing AB for Amare, cause STAT replaces what Landry does times 10 and we lose a player that isn't playing and isn't even better than Wafer now? Plus we get Barbosa. OMG That's a steal! :eek:

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Is it? Because Kyle Lowry is your starting and backup point guard. Thats a step back in my book. And now you have holes. The ship might sink.

8. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

Yeah I'm shocked at how many people here value Brooks so highly. I think this is about as solid of a deal as we can possibly get for T-Mac.

Barbosa being seriously dissed by the posters in this thread.

Oh, and has anyone actually confirmed this was on the radio?

9. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Man I would rep you if I could. :D ;)

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Thanks for explaining the financial implications. Couldn't they send out one first followed by the other in two separate trades?

11. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

yeah I totally feel u man!!!

look at wat the spurs gave up for jefferson!!!

look at what the cavs lost of shaq a hof!!!

so since steve nash is also a hof...I reckon, seriously, that it should be more like brian cook carl landry brent barry for steve nash...cos thats how you do a trade to sarver!!!

12. #1YAODADDY

#1YAODADDY Member

this can turn out really good for us. we can sign j-kidd for cheap i think he would come over and play with us

13. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

I LOVE Luis. He's one of my top favorite players in the league. I'm just thinking out loud of what the Rockets might do if this went down. I definitely DO NOT want to trade Scola but if this goes down, we have 2 legit PF's and a hole at PG so I could see moving Scola(definitely do not want to trade) for a PG if we get Amare.

14. darkwarrior

darkwarrior Member

seriously i expect any trade to go down to favor us while morey is at the helm. I just don't think amare stoudamire would make us championship contenders and i wouldn't give those pieces for him if they could get us a allstar caliber guard. Either tmac gets us one via trade, or he rehabilitates well enough for him to be that guy. i guess i'm still holding out for him to come back in allstar form :(

15. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Yeah, I don't understand why people are so high on Brooks also. If he's so important why is his name being the most trade bait for the Rockets? The Rockets don't need a shooting guard. They need a passing guard.

16. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

AND PEOPLE, BARBOSA FOR AARON BROOKS IS NOT NOT NOT A WASH...

Aaron Brooks owned the Laker's a$$es on national TV...

aaron brooks' contract is 21312 times better than barbosa!!!

his trade value, NOTE TRADE VALUE, is 10 times higher than barbosa right now!!!

aaron brooks potential is 32432 times higher than barbosa and his age makes him that much more attractive!!!

would you trade rajon rondo for raja bell if you were the celtics??!!!!!!!

17. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

Sign Bibby or Kidd and Artest and Wafer

Yao/Stoudamire
    Stoudamire/Scola
    Artest/Battier
    Barbosa/Wafer
    Bibby or Kidd/Lowry

Looks good to me

18. rhino17

rhino17 Member

i hope that is a joke

19. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

I want nothing to do with Barbosa either. Amare and Yao can play alongside each other and Amare can play center alongside Scola when Yao is out. Rockets would still need a playmaker.

Barry, Landry, Brooks, and T-Mac for Nash and Amare.

A brother can dream, can't he?

20. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Nash + Amare for T-Mac, Barry, Brooks, and Landry works financially.