1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Photoshop: Stoudemire in a Rockets uni (merged: Rockets-Suns trade rumor)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

That trade would be horrible. Does not solve our biggest problems one bit and adds new ones. Plus we would be without a starting point guard, AGAIN. NONONO. I'll do it if it were just T-Mac + Landry for Amare, but I would never give up Brooks in a deal like this, unless we get Nash in return.

2. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

If we can pull of that trade, I'd be pretty happy sept we'd have no PG

3. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

I'd rather trade McGrady, Artest, and Brian Cook for Barbosa and Amare.

Not Landry and Brooks, c'mon.

4. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

You are one of the few who knows what I'm talking about. I would give you rep if I could...

5. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

Exactly, it makes no sense unless we have another point guard coming to us. I'm thinking Memphis might take Amare off of us for bad contracts and their #2 pick. Draft day is gonna be all jacked up.

6. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

this is an awesome deal...........in 2005........

did u guys not see how the richard jefferson and shaquille oneal deals went down?????????????????????

the deal should be more like brian cook for amare

7. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

Wow this is going to be hard one to swallow if this goes down. I REALLY don't want to trade Brooks and leave a hole at point guard, also knowing that Brooks may very well improve even more. The backcourt will be weak unless other moves are made and one of the Rockets needs is a go-to guy which Amare is not. Amare is an excellent post player but is not a go-to type of player that is essential. Brooks is the closest thing to a legit go-to player on our roster not counting a healthy Tmac, whose health is a complete question mark.

If this goes down, I fully expect Scola to be shopped for a point guard.

I really don't know what to think about this potential trade.

8. RocketInfoMan

RocketInfoMan Member

Hummmmmmmmm interesting point if there going to blow it up like the signs point to, Nash may be available but do we want an ageing Nash who plays no defense?Kidd?I think we would almost certainly need there draft pick to obtain another point.

9. Tfj4

Tfj4 Member

AGREED!Landry I love so much because of his exciting dunks but if it it means giving them away with Knee-Mac to bring in Amare....Thats what it takes but AB too, thats just getting robbed

10. kona-

kona- Member

I would be down if this was for Mac and Landry.

I dont want to get rid of brooks..

11. JaWindex

JaWindex Contributing Member

Damn this thread title. Coming into the BBS all that showed up was "Rockets Suns trade," so I click and find out it's about a rumor. *whew*

This seems like a worthwhile trade to me. Amare is an upgrade over Landry and Scola can come off the bench/take up spot minutes as back up 5. Swapping Brooks and Barbosa is a wash to me. If we could get a draft pick, I would love this trade.

12. JamesC

JamesC Member

I echo a lot of sentiments on the board...i REALLY dont want to lose Brooks. He is just scratching the surface of his potential.

13. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

...sigh :rolleyes:

14. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

I just don't see us blowing this team up like this for all stars with all kinds of ailments. I mean its not like the Rockets didn't make the playoffs this year. We were the only team to take the Lakers to 7 games, I don't see us blowing the team up like this. It doesn't make any sense.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

This is true. I feel like any deal we do should be some kind of massive robbery. And I think I deserve to feel that way! If we can parlay Barbosa onto a 3rd party along with Cook's expiring contract to bring in a Monta Ellis then okay, I am listening.

16. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

ok one more post and I'm going to bed for real.

T-mac+brooks for Amare and Barbosa.

Rockets trade Landry for a pick(preferably lottey pick,probably not worth it tho.) use pick to draft a point gaurd.

Bam championship for us.

17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Maybe you're right.

18. RocketInfoMan

RocketInfoMan Member

Well do you think this trade is plausible if we come away with Amare Barbosa and there pic which maybe net us Jennings or Lawson?Morey isnt the GM known to get rapped Im sure he has something planned if this has any truth to it.

19. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Scola???Are you kidding?He is untouchable in my heart.

20. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

Not to mention he hasn't missed a game from injury which with this bunch is like freakin walking on water. NEVER TRADE SCOLA !