1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Photoshop: Stoudemire in a Rockets uni (merged: Rockets-Suns trade rumor)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 24, 2009.

1. engr_alex

engr_alex Member

lol. they just traded their scoring big man. you think they'd trade the last one and still hope to stay competitive? if they did, nash would be the first one out the door. and where would phoenix be then?

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Ha I have no hope for the trade anymore. If TeamUSA said from his reliable source that its not gonna happen, I have no reason not to trust him.

3. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

Nash is still out the door, if not this season he will be gone next. They just traded Shaq for some garbage, do you really think they are going to be anymore competitive now? This is showing how bad the Suns are doing financially and I don't think their done. Amare and Nash are next, you can put Richardson in that same category if anyone will even take him at that rediculous price tag.

4. engr_alex

engr_alex Member

you still have nash and amare and you're tanking already? nash is gonna stay if phoenix tries to stay competitive. which they are as long as they have a great pg in Nash and a offensive juggernaut big man in amare.

moving shaq for amare IS the financial move. it was either Amare OR Shaq. NOT BOTH. and definitely NOT Nash. and with the current economy, a lot of FAs will be taking a whole lot less money just to continue playing in the NBA. if they play their cards right, they could get their hands on some diamonds in the rought. we got lucky with wafer. you think phoenix wont be able to do the same?

5. Vivid

Vivid Member

I don't know if Phoenix is trying to stay competitive. I guess you interpret their giving away of countless draft picks and shaving salary cap different than I do. Maybe Nash is out the door. They have a team option on him this year but why would he stay after that. They won't be more competitive now without Shaq, Hill, and Barnes, and they didn't make the playoffs as it was last year. Would they really pay luxury tax to try to keep a 36 year old pg that might not want to play there anyways? No, you are right. They shouldn't trade their disenfranchised pf for cap relief and a promising pg because they might be good enough to make to the first round and get knocked out. I am sure Sarver is thinking that right now "hey, I never wanted to pay luxury tax when this team was awesome, but now that it is in the rut I will pay lux tax, not get my cut of the NBA charity pot, risk losing my pf for nothing, and try my hardest to resign my 36 year old pg...surely he will stay when he sees how committed I am to winning."

Maybe they won't trade with Houston, but to say "lulz they just traded their scoring big..they won't trade Amare," is silly. It makes sense for them to trade Amare. If they keep them, it won't be to stay competitive, it is because they didn't get a good deal. Losing Nash might be best for them. It can't leave them any worst then they are now- a team with no future, and whose exciting run n' gun years and no rings might be as good as it gets for a long while.

6. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Ok, on tho plan G.

7. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

why would you have a reason to trust him?

anyone can sign up here and post claiming to have very good sources.....but till you prove it by being right, you are just another random poster here with just as many sources as anyone else.

If you choose to trust a random poster's word...thats fine, just dont go spreading it around like it is a done deal(or in this case, an undone deal)

8. engr_alex

engr_alex Member

well then, im not a person who likes to debate. we'll just have to wait and see who's right. if you are, then ill admit i was wrong. but if i am, i hope you do the same. deal? :)

9. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

It is being reported that tomorrow Amare will be gone.

10. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

Sorry I forgot the link: http://twitter.com/RicBucher

11. bratna8

bratna8 Member

You need to back this statement up with a link

12. engr_alex

engr_alex Member

well, i guess then ill have to admit i was wrong. kudos to you guys :)

13. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

Morey was quoted in the Chronicle as saying "We’d like to get more All Stars, not trade one away.” Does this mean Amare? :)

14. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

Man you couldn't have waited 1 minute for me to provide a link? Sheesh.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Crazy how Bucher does that. Why the hell does he not do that for ESPN? Shouldn't ESPN just give him a piece like that on their own page? Seems like he is trying to keep things on the DL but it doesn't make sense.

16. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Sorry......we're all running on fumes right now :D

17. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

No worries bro, i'm trying to get the info in here as much as take in whatever I can tonight. Tomorrow is gonna be crazy from the looks of it. I also heard Nash to Portland rumors but dammit I hope thats not true, we have more to offer in my opinion then Portland. The fire sale has officially started, take what you can!

18. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Also saw a Hinrich to Portland rumor

19. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

Ya Portland is looking to replace Blake badly. I hope we can get Nash from the Suns and Portland can have Hinrich, Kidd, Bibby or whoever. I think we could get Nash and Barbosa for a nice little package of Brooks and T-mac. That T-mac contract is gonna be looking really good to the Suns since insurance is picking up his salary when he's not playing. They would have some instant relief next season also.

20. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

AMARE WILL BE TRADE TOMORROW. ITS ALMOST CONFIRMED.