1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Phone situation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Schmidt, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Schmidt

Schmidt Member

I use to work for a company that allowed us to upgrade our work cell phones (iPhone 5S) and they would cover the data, etc. Well I resigned and now I have the phone plus about 20 months remaining on the corporate plan.

Here is the situation. I called my old company and they gave me two options: 1. Transfer the contract and put it in my name under a new phone number. 2. Keep the phone until the contract runs out - I keep the phone and they pay the bill. Now option two sounds great, but my new company pays for everything as well and I don't want to carry two phones. Is there any way to sell the first phone even though it's active (ie Bad ESN). I'd obviously delete all of the info prior.

The phone is a 3 month old near mint iPhone 5S black 16g on Verizon.

Excuse any typos - I'm trying the mobile beta.

2. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Keep both phones. One for work/wife/gf, the other for the hoes.

3. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Sent you a pm.

4. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

You don't have a bad ESN if it's active.

5. The Boz

The Boz Member

I have a company phone and a personal phone. I forward the company phone number to personal phone. When personal phone data is reaching its limit I use company phone for data. Just turn on company phone hotspot. Also, one is att and one is verizon so if one signal is weak I use other. :)

6. Schmidt

Schmidt Member

Yea, I've been doing the same. Both are mobile hotspots. I'm trying to convince my wife she needs a Chicago area code that way we won't have a phone bill at all.

7. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I still don't understand 100% what happens to the bill, plan, physical phone, contract, and number if you were to get a new contract. It seems like you had two factors that were different in each option they gave you.

Company 2 (new company) would welcome you keeping an old contract they wouldn't have to pay for... if you don't sell or get rid of the old contract, or your phone number. The only disadvantage would be that old company would know your phone number but even that is somewhat "known" or "public" nowadays anyway. Wouldn't it? :confused:

Either way, I'd like to think that you would want to break all ties (not necessarily burn bridges) with your old company. :cool: