1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Philly Inquirer] Trade rumors swirling around 76ers' Iguodala(McGrady)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsPimp, Jan 28, 2010.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Well a supposed Philly Insider from another board said Morey rejected a L.Williams/Iggy/Dalembert swap for McGrady/Cook/Lowry and also said that Philly is insisting that they take back a long term piece. In my opinion, they should offer up Ariza but we seem to be stubborn in that regard. If we are going to get Iggy, I think we will have to give up atleast one of (Landry, Brooks, Lowry, Budinger, Ariza)

I could see the negotiations shifting to either not include Dalembert and instead be Kapono/Green. That would be a little bit better financially.

2. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

And you believe that???

3. worzel gummidge

Can't compare the two position. Look at all the productive undersized PFs in recent times, then count all the undersized SG's.

4. larsv8

I don't really have any reason not too. Makes sense for Philly and I can see Daryll not wanting to do it.

I am not saying to happened, just what I read.

5. Streets 01

Streets 01 Member

You're really hung up on the word DREAM. Obviously my dream starting lineup would include Bron, D12, CP3, Flash, and I guess Kobe even though I hate him. But that's not happening. A dream lineup doesn't have to have all superstars (as it's not feasible), and as a result, will contain roleplayers. Trevor is a damn good role player and good enough to start on a championship (read: dream) team.

I'm done with this though as it's off topic and I'm obviously not going to change your mind.

On topic: If we don't get Iguodala, I'm not going to lie, I'm going to be pretty bummed. All the rumors have gotten my hopes up and I'm worried we may stand pat or trade for garbage. Andre's up there as one of my favorite non-Rockets, and I'd love to see him on this team alongside Yao next year. As it stands the team has been kind of hard to watch lately and we need something. Hopefully there are exciting offers out there.

6. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

I had heard something similar. i had a hard time believing Morey said "no" to that at first, but then i heard that Morey didn't actually say "no" but it was more of a "not taking that deal right now, lets see if we can do better later" approach. basically just putting it on the back burner to see if a better deal comes around.

i really think Morey doesn't want to deal Lowry. although given that Lowry is due a contract/raise this offseason, its not a terrible thing to move him if you can find a suitable replacement (conroy or draft pick?)

7. rocketteen

rocketteen Member

Iggy + TYoung + Dalembert
    for
    T-Mack + Ariza + C-Bud + cash

If we can pay less than that, then by all means pull a Gasol steal on them, but I think after that trade, GM's are more afraid of pulling off cost-cutting deals to save face. If you get TYoung, you won't have a ball stopper like Ariza and C-Bud wouldn't get much PT behind Young and Battier.

8. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

There are quite a few of both.

9. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

That inside info sounds like BS.

10. worzel gummidge

Name those SG's. There's Ben Gordon and...

11. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

am I the only one that thinks its at least gonna b a 3 way deal wit Dalembert being redirected by Morey to somewhere else?

If Philly wants a decent PG in return, Portland is gonna be a great trade partner when they offer up Steve Blake and taking back Dalembert

12. Zfan

Zfan Member

This team will be like rebuilding if giving up Brooks. This will be very risky.

13. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

I wouldn't mind losing Lowry as much if we could snatch Jrue Holiday in a deal. :grin:

14. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Fair enough. I think it would be a great deal for the Rockets. We might not be as tough defesively at the 1, but Iggy and Dalembert would be great additions IMO.

We are not getting Bosh, so people need to get that out of their heads. Frankly I don't think Bosh fits well with Yao anyway.

15. larsv8

Its is, what it is....speculation only.

16. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Wade
    Monta Ellis
    Cuttino Mobley (had to include him)

17. towW

towW Member

Just wondering but what's so good about Speights? He seems average.

18. LifeisButaDream

Jrue Holiday is untouchable :mad:

19. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

the dreaded p word. potential.

20. trainwreck

trainwreck Member

C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!!![/QUOTE]

Hahahahaha...classic!!!!!!