1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Philly Inquirer] Trade rumors swirling around 76ers' Iguodala(McGrady)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsPimp, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

That actually makes a lot of sense...morey is actaully a great drafter

2. apxn82

apxn82 Member

I also forgot the mention his greatest strength. His 3pts field goal. Holly CRAP!

could it be that every team was doubling Odem, Kobe or Gasol and leave his butt wide OPEN everytime?

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Nuno just said that he heard that Philly would want or wants Landry or Budinger.

4. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Based on how well his team is doing, Coach Jordan's opinion is pretty questionable.

5. worzel gummidge

Hell to the N.O., no trade.

6. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Bye Bud :grin:

I like the kid and think he can grow into a good NBA player but I think his skills are a bit overrated on this BBS (he can't really dribble or create). He's basically a streaky shooter who can finish at the rim in transition. Basically, what Trevor Ariza was supposed to be on offense. Defensively, I like him quite a bit but he isn't Iggy nor will he ever be.

He was probably going to be the odd man out anyway as Battier and Ariza are not going to be benched and there are only 98 minutes to be had a SG/SF.

7. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

Right now the Sixers are probably asking for McGrady, Brooks, and Landry and we're probably asking for Iguodala, Young, and Speights....in the end I got a feeling they'll probably meet in the middle with McGrady + Lowry (or Bud) for Iguodala + Dalembert. Their salary next year would go from $65 mil to $42 mil and we'd get that 2nd star via trade. Might be win win.

8. Streets 01

Streets 01 Member

Or, it could be that he was a third-fourth option at BEST.

With Yao-Iggy-Brooks playing, Trevor would revert to his natural role of small forward, be able to get open shots due to the attention the other three will get, and will be able to play off the ball more and dominate it less (i.e. less turnovers).

Trust me, I hate Ariza and scream everytime he gets the ball... but he isn't useless. He's just playing a role that he's not cut out for. On a team where he's the 1st or 2nd option... well we've seen what happens. But on a more stacked team (Yao, Iggy) where he is the third or fourth option... well we've seen what can happen there too. He's a role player and is much better when he plays his role.

9. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

They can take Landry, he has fallen off and is not going to get much better than this at his age. If they give us Speights in return.

10. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

morey made a mistake. its well documented last month they offered iggy/delmbert for tmac alone....now the sixers started playing much better the past month, got more offers in for iggy from other teams, and now they are resending the original offer and now want us to include cbud

you snooze you lose. morey tried to get greedy by waiting till deadline and it backfired.

he is GREAT at drafting ,but terrible at trades and free agents.(same problem celtics had when he was working with ainge)

11. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

I was excited about Budinger at the beginning of the season, but he hasn't really improved much over the course of the season. To me, it seems like his ceiling isn't very high. Perhaps he'll become a less streaky shooter, but his ceiling really just is that of a Brent Barry (which is pretty good, but nothing untradeable). Jermaine Taylor has a much higher ceiling if you watch what he can do, but he's certainly still more raw than Budinger is.

If we have to give up Budinger to get Iguodala while still avoiding a Dalembert/Brand contract (perhaps getting Young or Speights instead), I'm all for it.

12. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Landry? Nope.

Budinger? Possibly okay with that.

13. worzel gummidge

Undersized SG's have a high strike rate of being busts.

14. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

BS, you don't know anything than what you hear through the grapevine which is only 30-40%

15. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/2010/01/raptors-pregame-chat-2.html

Raptors pre-game chat
    Doug Smith held a live Q&A Thursday, ahead of the Raptors taking on the New York Knicks.

12:11

[Comment From MoneyKenny MoneyKenny : ]
    Any indication that Colangelo is shopping Bosh?
    Thursday January 28, 2010 12:11 MoneyKenny

12:11

Doug:
    None whatsoever. Not happening. Put it out of your minds

16. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Fully agree about Budinger's ceiling vs. Taylor's. For Budinger to really take the next step or two as an NBA player he would have to add elements to his game that are probably beyond his potential. By next season, Taylor will be in this team's rotation.

I don't have a problem with bringing in Dalembert. He fills arguably this team's biggest void and I think his expiring contract packaged with Battier's expiring contract could bring in a boatload of talent next season.

17. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

cbud = nachbar 2.0
    ariza =shandon anderson 2.0
    yao= bill walton 2.0
    brooks = nate robinson 2.0
    jermaine taylor =vernon maxwell 2.0
    battier=bruce bowen 2.0
    anderson=jason collier 2.0
    landry=paul millsap 2.0

18. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

19. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

He's no more undersized at SG than Landry is at PF and he has just as much if not more athleticism to make up for it. Judging by his build he won't be out-muscled by any SG in the league either.

20. apxn82

apxn82 Member

Hey, that's all I'm saying. He ain't no DREAM starting lineup. He be a good role player like u said. 3rd or 4th option but DREAM starting lineup? no freakin way!