1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Philly Inquirer] Trade rumors swirling around 76ers' Iguodala(McGrady)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsPimp, Jan 28, 2010.

1. abc2007

abc2007 Member

So, what is the topic of this thread?

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

actually they do want to trade him. the player they want to keep the most is lou williams. basically, they want to start over b/c outside of lou williams, there's no player they're that high on.

3. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

There is no way we are getting Young and Speights without absolutely gutting our core (Landry or Scola, plus Brooks or Lowry, and Budinger), for those of you talking about getting both. We MIGHT be able to snag one of them if we give up Landry or Brooks.

4. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

In a deal like McGrady + Cook + Lowry + Taylor, I'd say we would only get back one of Speights/Young with Iggy and Dalembert. One of Ariza or Battier would have to be moved in order to take back Young.

5. apxn82

apxn82 Member

U can throw in Joe Smoe next to KOBE, Gasol, Odem and win ring. So Sun Yue won championship with the Lakers. Should he be someone DREAM starting lineup?

6. Scarface281

Young...Speights...Holiday...

I'd say they are high on those three players.

7. t_mac1

but if they had to trade them, they would. lou williams is their guy. he's their "untouchable."

8. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Oops meant to say Iggy and Kapono for McGrady and Dorsey. We get Iggy for the next few years and dump Kapono after this year saving us about $6mm. Philly gets a 7 time All Star and Ray Lewis with a basketball.

9. Scarface281

Kapono has a player option, so he'll be back next year. Don't want him.

10. Rocketsmith

Rocketsmith Member

Looking at Iguodala's stats, he is playing 40 minutes a game with a +20. Philly has a 15-29 record, so does that mean they are really sucking when he sits for 8 minutes?

Iggy is a career 46% shooter, although he is shooting a career low 42.3% this season. Hopefully, this is just a down year, but this is still much better than our current 37.8% shooting from Ariza. Iggy is also a couple of percentage points better at shooting the 3's, but nothing like Battier. Something tells me we would have to part with Battier, Ariza or Budinger. Shane is probably the best fit to play with Yao, but he would be my choice to go. Get Ariza back to being a compliment type player and he should be alright. I would hate to part with Budinger, he has the potential to become a very good player.

11. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I am not high on Morey's trade ability. This is why I think the rockets should trade Ariza or Battier for expiring contract + 1st round pick. In that way, the rocket would have two 1st round picks. I have confience in Morey's draft ability. In addition, the rockets would have enough cap space to sign a free agent.

12. adammendoza4

adammendoza4 Member

Ive real in soo many rumors that the rockets dont pull the trigger
    Cuz thay don't want to take iggy and dalembert,ni don't see what
    The problem is,w/yao and dalembert in the middle,no1 cal f***
    W/us..and iggy and our core players now,would make us a
    Contender IMO

13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

why are we holding the sixers management up as some kind of awesome team? Pau Gasol got trade for a bag of chips and his brother (who turned out to be pretty decent) - sometimes trade's don't make a lot of sense player for player. Add in financial implications and they usually make more sense. but still, despite both teams generally thinking they made a good trade, someone usually wins and someone usually loses.

If the Sixers want to hang their hat on Lou Williams, who does continue to improve but is never going to be a consistent all-star level player, then so be it. If they are willing to trade their best player for an expiring contract....

...sometimes it's best not to ask why.

Oh, and complaining that Igoudala isn't a great playmaker is insane. He averages over an assist per game more than anyone else on the squad, despite not being a ball-dominating player (though he does get a lot of minutes).

14. anchel

anchel Member

With his body, height and length, I seriously doubt he would do it worst than that pair.

15. anchel

anchel Member

NO. He was a very important piece, maybe ahead of Odom in playoffs. More respect for Trevor, he's the only one here with a ring, and I repeat, being crucial in that success, defensively and offensively.

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i think we agree, i did say landry is more efficient, but since scola has the experience that's what keeps landry from being better overall.

17. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Member

He's untouchable, yet he just lost his starting job to Jrue Holiday? :confused:

18. t_mac1

that isn't my opinion. coach jordan of the sixers said that himself in an article before they signed allen iverson. he basically said he thinks iggy is a poor playmaker.

the reason they want to keep lou is b/c he fits into more of what coach jordan wants to do offensively and i guess iggy doesn't. and before the injury, williams was playing extremely well. and he's only 23.

19. apxn82

apxn82 Member

He might be crucial to them during that championship run. Apparently that Ariza still reside in LA cause the one we got must be his evil twin. Couldn't dribble to save his life. Always trying to fake his defender as if he so damm fast. Seriously, have you watch him play at all this year?

20. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Speights is a better defender than both Scola and Landry right now. And whoever said Philly's untouchable is Lou Williams, if that is true, that just shows how stupid Philly's management is.