1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Philly Inquirer] Trade rumors swirling around 76ers' Iguodala(McGrady)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsPimp, Jan 28, 2010.

1. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

I dont think we're the clippers or the grizzlies.......

2. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

LOL ok...did you see the team he had around him? Other than Dalembert and Brand who else?

3. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Iggy is not, I repeat, NOT a max player. His contract is an albatross to the nth degree and this trade would screw us financially for the foreseeable future.

Hell. To. The. No.

4. abc2007

abc2007 Member

This has shown that you don't know the 76ers at all...

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I watch a ton of Sixer games.

Yes

To be expected. He is more of a CBud off the ball type. He is not like a Tracy or Vince Carter that controls the pace and tempo with a ton of touches, which is why I think he is perfect for Rick Adelmans offense. Someone said he was like a 6-6 Kyle Lowry with a bit better shooting and a 45 inch vert... I'd say that that is a pretty good description...

False...

He is not a "franchise" player, but he is as close as we are going to get to that without tanking... And for McGrady? Sheesh... Addittion by subtraction...

6. Streets 01

Streets 01 Member

Funny, considering that a starting lineup with ARIZA in it won the NBA championship.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Landry is NOT a better offensive player than scola yet. He has his moments, but he still lacks the experience to overcome tough defenses. Scola still knows how to move around and work around it. Landry is more efficient, but that doesnt always help if you only get 5 or 6 shots off.

8. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I'm not sure I agree with the first statement as Landry certainly scores more per minute and much more efficiently than Scola but you're dead on about his experience (or lack of). You can throw the ball down to Scola when WWIII is going down in the paint and he still finds a way to get a good shot off. Landry tends to need to get into a rhythm. If he is thrown off or has a couple of bad possessions against a tough defender he seems to lose confidence. He isn't nails yet like Scola is but he's a better scorer overall.

9. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Its all about value, not whether or not Les can afford him. Scola is a great value at 3.3 million, but won't be once he hits the FA market. If you can trade and get a cheap asset for the future you do it.

10. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i think this will get done.

for some reason this is the only rumor that keeps coming back. we dont hear about chicago, we dont hear about caron butler.. those rumors were 1-and-done.

11. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I'm all about this Iggy deal and would take Dalembert too. I agree with most that we would see Ariza move to SF and Shane go the bench. Dalembert would probably split minutes with Chuck almost evenly. I'm not sure how anyone can dislike this deal. Is Iggy's salary a bit high? Yes but it isn't a max deal like some people keep repeating and at some point we have to start paying guys what they are worth or we will only have them for 2-3 years. We're not going to get All Star talent without paying All Star salaries.

I have faith in Morey that he can flip Dalembert and Battier next season for something BIG so I'm not terribly worried about overpaying Dalembert.

12. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Almost 6 assists per game, 30% of his shots at the rim, 42% of his shots inside the FT line, 27% of his shots from the 3 point line, 73% of his shots from inside the 3 point line.

Bottom line: He plays, he moves around a lot, he is fast, athletic, and smart. He moves off the ball and when he gets the ball he drives to the cup and dishes or finishes very effectively.

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Speights is probably a better offensive player than Luis and Carl NOW, but his defense needs serious work... Thaddeus would be nice too, but I don't know where he fits in...

14. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Since he is such a good player, why do the 76ers want to trade him?

15. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

They don't. They want to trade Brand and Dalembert and keep him.

16. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

Amen!

17. MacYao223

MacYao223 Member

Just for all you people that are in love with Iggy, dude cannot shoot. He takes ALOT of bad shots. Granted he's 10 x the ballhandler Trevor or Shane is, he's athletic and is a great defender. He def does not have the offensive game of someone like Caron Butler.

18. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

iggy is a good pickup for mcgrady. but let's remember, the sixers coach thinks so low of iggy as a playmaker that he agreed to bringing back allen iverson. now think about that.

hopefully he'll be more of a scorer if he does get here.

19. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

iggy and dalembert would get us to the playoffs this year.

with dalembert's $12M expiring next year he would become a huge trade chip at next years deadline.

20. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Also, Dalembert is playing well as of late and if he and Iguodala do not work out you can bet Morey can trade them in the offseason.