1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Philly Inquirer] Trade rumors swirling around 76ers' Iguodala(McGrady)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsPimp, Jan 28, 2010.

1. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

Brooks/Lowry
    Ariza/Budinger
    Iggy/Battier
    Scola/Landry
    Yao/Dalembert

:eek:

2. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Iggy and Kapono for McGrady and Kapono would be perfect.

3. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

eh? so we can create a duplicate of kapono and trade that avatar back to philly for the real version? oooooooooo

4. YaosDirtyStache

I didnt know Kapono had a brother!

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Heck I'd take either one for Tracy McGrady straight up I tell you what!

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

His name is ClutchCityReturns.

7. apxn82

apxn82 Member

Tinywang,

just a comment on your "DREAM lineup".

anything with ARIZA in it cannot be seriously consider as DREAM lineup.

8. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I am not high on Iggy. If he was a player that you can build around, the 76ers wouldn't trade him.

1 person likes this.
  9. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

I saw him score 10 points in 7 mins!!! :p :p

10. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

We are not looking to build around anyone, we are looking for players that fit in the system that has already been establish. And if there would be anyone to build around it would still be Yao Ming.

11. abc2007

abc2007 Member

How do you know Iggy would fit in the system? And, how do you know Iggy would fit with Yao?

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Iggy fits in any system because he has a very high basketball IQ, plays great defense and runs the floor...

13. Ramathorn006

this.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i know it's been said there's no way we take on Dalembert....but it seems more and more likely that we might. Les would have to take a hit, but i think it's fair to say we make the playoffs with this lineup:

Brooks
    Iggy
    shane/trevor
    scola
    Dalembert

We may actually benefit more from having Dalembert this year than Iggy. His rebounding and defense would affect this team more directly. Also, Dalembert tends to not always give his all, but (and i hate to use a tragedy as a motivational factor) perhaps the earthquake has given him more life and a better attitude.

and i'm assuming both would still be trade assests this summer. Dalembert is an expiring contract who can still contribute next year. Iggy could be part of a sign and trade for bosh or another player.

So maybe Les decides the extra attendance, merchandise sales, playoffs games, and preseason ticket sales this summer will help him absorb the extra salary?

15. abc2007

abc2007 Member

How do you know this? Did you follow the 76ers? Do you know coach Jordan is disappointed by his playmaking? If he was as good as you said, the 76ers wouldn't trade him.

16. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

If we deal with Philly, it won't be Tmac for Iggy/Dalembert. Such a deal (if done alone) would have the consequence of us losing Scola and Lowry in the offseason because luxury tax issues. (see the Bimathug Memorial thread)

We are much better off if we trade Tmac and Lowry/Scola for Iggy/Dalembert/Speights. I would even argue for Tmac/Lowry/Scola for Iggy/Dalembert/Speights.

Next year, we would return a roster that has much greater upside potential, and that features Landry in a starting role, which he is ready for.

Yao/Dalembert
    Landry/Speights
    Ariza/Battier
    Iggy/Buddinger/Taylor
    Brooks/Holiday or Conroy

Speights as a backup 4/5 makes much sense and Dalembert is overpaid but useful as a player and expiring contract.

Landry is just a superior player to Scola on both sides of the floor now and his presence next to Yao would make us less Yao reliant.

Ariza -- as horrific as his shooting has been this year -- is a better shooter from distance than he has shown. With Yao, I think Ariza resumes a role of spot up shooter and defender. Pairing him with Iggy is not as disastrous as some might think.

Iggy paired with Ariza would be among the best defensive wing combos. With Yao's return and removal of Scola as a defensive siev, we would return to elite defensive status.

This kind of a roster would be much more physically gifted and athletic, and much better suited to challenge the Lakers/Denver/Portland/SA. We would retain upside in the form of Speights, Buddinger and to a lesser extent, Landry and Brooks (who I think are near their peaks).

As for what's missing, Morey would need to find a SG that can create when Brooks is off the floor and perhaps Taylor could fill that role.

(Question for Bima or Carl Herrerra -- would this roster put us into LT land this year or next. I think we'd be ok for next year)

17. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I would do it to get Speights and Young. That would solve the Center Position, but we'd have even more glut at the two forward positions.

18. Ramathorn006

A Iguodala led team took the Eastern Conference Champions to 6 games. I think he is pretty good.

19. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Scola is about to get paid, so its extra incentive to move him.

20. abc2007

abc2007 Member

But, he is still a 1st rounder...