1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Philly Inquirer] Trade rumors swirling around 76ers' Iguodala(McGrady)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsPimp, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Hak34

Hak34 Member

So then you envision Iggy playing alongside of Ariza and Battier? Or does Battier go to the bench? Isn't having Ariza and Iggy a tad redundant? We would have Iggy and a poor mans Iggy in Ariza.

Dude, The two will be eating up about 20 million dollars of cap space a year. Add Yao's roughly 15-20 million, Scola, Lowry want raises. We are doomed to stand pat after this move and Im telling you the same way I declaired Ariza a terrible decision when we picked him up, we will NOT be CONTENDERS. We may be a nice playoff team who may make it out of the first round a time or two (which I seriously doubt), but nothing more. Im tired of the Rockets being this same team over the last 15 years. Its been 15 years already. 4 more with no hope of adding a great player or two and we are talking we are going to be 20 years removed from our titles. Down the same road of prior flashes in the pans that won a title or two.

SAY NO to Iggy.

2. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

AI plays on both ends of the court, we are already leaking layups, you think a guy who can't spell defense and a flopper is going to change that?

You do realize all teams involved in a trade must agree on the deal right?

3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Member

wrong. Ariza is like a broke man's Battier.

4. BucMan55

BucMan55 Member

Ouch, a broke man's Battier. But hey, Ariza can dunk. :p

5. W-Mac

W-Mac Member

I guess you could say they are similar....Iggy is by far more athletic and can create his own shot. Ariza trying to go 1-on-1 is a disaster. Scola wont be worth the money he'll be asking for IMO. I'd be totally happy with Landry and Hayes at the 4 and letting him walk.

6. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

look man did I insult you? No. Go back and read your post that i responded to. It clearly looks like you said you would take Brand And Dalembert if the Rockets were getting Iggy. If that looks like I was trying to flame you then then you are ultra sensitive. I'm hardly an aggressive poster not that I need to explain myself. But to ask if I was foreign had no bearing on anything. If you really wanted to know, you could have looked at my profile. This whole thing is not even important. Just stick to the team and stop getting personal

7. LifeisButaDream

I think if we get iggy we have to trade Airza.Battier contract is up next year so keeping him is not a big deal.

8. studogg

studogg Member

I think we will have two styles of play when Yao comes back. One while he is on the court (half court) and one while he is off (fast break). Given the need to limit his minutes, I think they will stay true to the fast break and will even be able to run it at times with him on the court.

My concern is his injury status. I don't make a single move to fit Yao. I let next year play out and if he gets injured, then I don't re-sign him.

I also don't put my faith into a lotto pick to help the team, but what I do put my faith into is that of Morey to trade the lotto pick for a player.

9. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Member

Here's the post you failed to respond to: http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?p=5065328#post5065328

Look at the above post. Your reasons for being against Iguodala were terrible arguments - team record? team success? I'm fine with you arguing about his salary and future salary cap implications of adding him + others, but trying to say he's not a good player is just ridiculous.

10. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Since you were the first to respond to that post, I doubt it clearly looks like i am saying i would take all 3, the math won't even work.

Maybe it is just the internet but your post felt passive aggressive, and i still think you are doing it now. " If that looks like I was trying to flame you then then you are ultra sensitive."

Hey maybe it is just your personality, i have a friend who does that all the time.

Don't talk to me about going off topic, read the post you wrote.

I was asking whether or not you were foreign because if you were, i would have ignored your post and given you a pass.

Agreed.

11. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

12. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Member

13. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Member

14. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

All depends on whether Phoenix offers up Amar'e.

15. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Member

UPDATE.. kinda

I asked Bucher about it -- and he responded! He said:

#375 LongTimeFan, Jan 29, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2010
  16. Hak34

Hak34 Member

Once again for the reading impaired. Where did I claim Iggy sucks? Please post the quotes in this thread. What I did post is that Philly hasn't done crap with Iggy and this year they are terrible with Iggy as their top player.

What I pointed out is that his returns have been diminishing. He has alot of money due on his contract and when you combine him and lesser version of him (ariza) you get 90 million in payroll eaten up for 4 years.

I guess I could kinda see where in all that you ASSumed I said Iggy sucks or is a terrible player, but I dunno. Seems like a whole lot of fail to me on your part.

If the move to be made doesn't help us become a Championship caliber team or it diminishes the possibility of becoming one, then said move is r****ded.

So go on record for me. Do you believe adding Iggy and his 60 million puts the rockets into contention over the next 4 years?

17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

i agree with your opinion that we don't have to make a move like people think, but i am not sure about the mid level FA's that are out there. maybe a ray allen for the mle? do we even get a mle next year? maybe mike miller for a bargain price? i dunno take a look...here is the list...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=FreeAgents-09-10

it is pretty slim pickings after the mega top tier imo.

18. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Member

Well, you still didn't respond to any of the points in that post, so I'm just going to assume that you agreed with me that arguing team records and team success with certain players is a bad argument.

Going on record.. yes, I do think the Rockets are a title contender if the trade is McGrady/Cook/Lowry -- Iguodala/Dalembert/Lou. That would immediately give us:

Brooks/Lou
    Iggy/Budinger
    Ariza/Battier
    Landry/Hayes
    Yao/Dalembert

But it doesn't end there. That scenario is assuming we lose Scola via FA. But what if Morey knows this, and knows we're out of contention this year, so he moves Scola at the deadline as well? I don't want to speculate on who we could get for Scola, but I would be willing to bet it'd be a pretty good rotation player, who would also factor into the above lineup.

Then we have the draft. If we miss the playoffs, we're also adding a lottery pick to the team. I think that team would be among the Rockets most talented.

19. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Member

double post, sorry

20. LifeisButaDream

But would les say this is the greatest team ever assembled. :p