1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[Philly Inquirer] Trade rumors swirling around 76ers' Iguodala(McGrady)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsPimp, Jan 28, 2010.

1. moonnumack

moonnumack Contributing Member

Lebron, D-Wade, Bosh were all Top 5 picks. We're not getting one of those anytime soon unless you're willing to suck an entire year...and even then you're hoping the lottery is kind to you. Add the fact that with or without T-Mac's contract, we can't offer a max deal to any superstar, Morey knows his best chance of landing an elite player is if he's willing to take on a longer contract via trade.

2. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Exactly. The odds of this team landing a legit top 3-5 player or drafting someone who will develop into that is too low to even seriously consider. Especially when this team is pretty talented already and has only two holes due to injuries. You fill those holes through this trade and you're a dangerous playoff team. If Yao comes back next season and you add him to that team they are a contender without a doubt. You can't ask for more than that as a reasonable fan.

I don't get why guys want to waste what this team could very easily become for the shot of maybe (and that's a big maybe) rebuilding around a superstar.

3. W-Mac

W-Mac Contributing Member

what talent would he be trading away? McGrady is not a talent of ours! If they want Budinger or Lowry who cares? They are, and will always be, good bench players!

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

thank God you're not our GM :grin:

5. rterry

rterry Contributing Member

The best of all deals in my mind would be Yao straight up for Bosh (fillers if necessary and Scola if necessary) and then T-Mac for IGGY and Dalembert (and anything else you can talk Philly into). We then will have a very young and athletic core with IGGY, Brooks, Landry, Ariza, and Bosh. Dalembert's contract will be expiring next year which will give us either a trade chip or Les some luxury tax relief. We could then trade Battier and/or Scola for expirings and/or draft picks.

6. towW

towW Member

The myth of losing Lowry is a myth. We have a 3M qualifying offer. Correct me if I'm wrong but that means we can resign him for however much someone else offers him.
    The only player we could lose is Scola.

7. Salvy

Salvy Member

What? Yao is better than Bosh and Mcgrady is better than Iggy...... If this was the case then why not just keep T-Mac and have Brooks, Mcgrady, Landry, Ariza, and Yao..... Lets face it, it wont be easy getting a better lineup than what could have been......

8. towW

towW Member

On NBA 2K9. Uninjurable.

9. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I don't agree that you can only move forward or backwards. Sometimes you need to also stop and smell the roses, especially on a season where you do not expect to go deep in the playoffs. Hell, we might not even make the playoffs this year. This is something that I am OK with, because I know it will make our players shine brighter ini the future (hopefully) as opposed to making a knee jerk reaction to puts us in salary cap hell. I know that Budinger, JT, JD, and Brooks could use a lot more development as I do not believe they have fulfilled their potential yet.

10. Salvy

Salvy Member

We cant predict who or who wont get injured this upcoming season... If this was the case we would have never traded for Mcgrady... It be nice if nobody ever got injured like on games.....

11. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Because T-Mac and Yao will most likely combine for about 30-40 missed games between the two and also, the Rockets simply do not wish to deal with T-Mac who hurts the team more than he helps with all his BS, drama, and other chemistry killing ways. I personally want us to get rid of Yao as well. Talent is useless when it doesn't play.

12. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

T-Mac is a 15.6 pt/game and plays no defense.
    Iggy is a 18/pt game and plays defense.

Iggy>T-mac

13. Salvy

Salvy Member

I see what you are saying but we dont know if Bosh or Iggy get injured next year... We have one of the most talented teams in the Nba with Yao,Mac,Brooks, Landry..... Lets make the assumption they all play next year, thats the team I want to put up against the Lakers and the Celtics.... Thats a team that would destroy Iggy and Bosh down low....

14. towW

towW Member

Its almost like trading in a old car for a new one.

15. Salvy

Salvy Member

Oh please tell what year T-Mac scored 15.6, I can only think of one. Last year when he was hurt, hey T-Mac is out ok.... I am not trying to debate something worthless but by no means is Iggy better than a healthy T-Mac....

16. towW

towW Member

He doesn't fit here anymore. Iggy is on the rise while McGrady is on the decline.

17. Salvy

Salvy Member

I have a 1990 Turbo Charged Toyota Supra, yeah its been repaired many times... Many times its been down, but I never gave up on a great car... I fixed it, this thing can run with all the new sports cars... Nah I wouldnt change it....

18. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

So you don't value durability (because anything can happen) and in the same post you fantasize about a lineup that will never be? Wow.

Why Yao and Tmac? Aim high. Let's assume Dream and Clyde play next year. Throw Jordan in too while you're at it. All those guys have about the same shot of being a Rocket next season as McGrady does (if he is even in the league).

Let's work with what he have and what we can reasonably get, ok?

19. chenjy9

Supporting Member

You are right in that we can't say for sure that Bosh or Iggy will not go down next year, but what we DO know is that Bosh and Iggy are much less injury prone than Yao or T-Mac, which is certainly a fact so far. I rather bet my money on Iggy who has a much less chance of missing a significant amount of games then T-Mac who I pretty much KNOW will miss a significant amount of games. Nothing is for certain in this world, so what we have to do is make predictions based on existing data.

20. Salvy

Salvy Member

I want iggy here too, dont get me wrong.... But Iggy is not all that new...