1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Philly Inquirer] Trade rumors swirling around 76ers' Iguodala(McGrady)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsPimp, Jan 28, 2010.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

If Morey is going to do this deal, I just hope he hurries up and does it.

DD

2. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

took the words right out of my mouth. the last thing i want to see is the team lose a bunch of games that would be otherwise winnable while we wait three more weeks and get the exact same deal that's been available.

course we'll never know if that is the case, but yknow what I mean.

3. W-Mac

W-Mac Contributing Member

Well considering we don't have money for a top tier FA, please enlighten me as to how we are going to win a championship?

We dont even know if Yao will come back healthy...So are you saying we should just keep going down the road we are currently on and WAIT (while our young talent keeps getting older)

4. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

But what will be the result of your awful year? A draft pick that I highly, highly doubt will be better than Igoudala as he is now. So why not just trade for a good shooting guard that's already developed?

5. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Agreed and I think I mentioned this in another thread. If this deal has been available for two weeks and he waits three more weeks to complete it he may have just killed the Rockets' playoff chances.

6. moonnumack

moonnumack Contributing Member

I think just as important as "who takes the last shot when you have the ball" is "who guards their superstar when they have the last shot?"

Even with Ariza & Battier, I'd feel most comfortable with AI checking Kobe/Lebron/Wade on a last shot defensive possession. He's got the length, quickness, and strength to disrupt a superstar wing player, which is arguably the most important key to winning down the stretch. Last year, we saw that "great defenders" like Artest and Battier couldn't do it, and as much as Trevor is a plus-defender who gets a lot of steals, I don't think he can be that guy. I think AI could. Plus, he's taken and made his fair share of big shots in Philly, even if his overall %s are not stellar. You always have Brooks or Yao to be your primary options to finish a game.

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

So you have the nerve to post a "roll eyes" after ignoring why some of us want to know why you asked mikol13 if he was "foreign?" Something that has no relevance to anything whatsoever, except as a bizarre slam, considering that we have thousands of members now from other countries, something we should be proud of, as opposed to sarcastic and dismissive. Why should we pay the least attention when you are being incoherent? Are you "foreign" Get a grip, fella, and it is ironic that you seem to be doing all you can to be seen as a worthless read. And that has nothing to do with whether mikol13 said anything worth reading himself. That's a judgement call everyone who reads his posts will make, but one that is related in no way to where he may or may not have come from. Who cares? You? Who cares?

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

If this is the deal Morey leans toward, it would make sense to get Jermaine Taylor that playing time in the RGV.

What with Conroy's call-up, and JT getting some PT learning the system (albeit in the NBA "grapefruit league"), I could see Chase and/or Lowry as part of the deal. Depending on just what we get back. I'd much, much rather say good-bye to Trevor---Iggy does most of what Trevor cannot---but Trevor's $5.6 mil is screwing that up.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Next year will be a year of choices. These will be expiring contracts: Yao, Battier, Landry and even Andersen

just peeking into 2011-2012 season our committed salary right no is under $7 mil. dollars!!

I'd rather wait a year then be in CAP HELL for 3 years just to say we have decent talent. Iggy is not a star. He will not become D-wade.

10. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

I hope he takes his time and gets the best deal possible instead of knee-jerking into a bad deal that cripples our future just to squeeze out a few wins in what was supposed to be a lost season anyway.

But hey, that's just me.

11. dram1

dram1 Member

I do this deal only if they throw in something to sweeten the deal. Like Thad Young or at least 1st round pick swaps.

12. towW

towW Member

If any deal goes down Morey will not take Brand.
    And Iggy = not cap hell. He is Decent Talent. We will not get D-wade.

13. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

uh?? U serious? Tmac for iggy/dalembert is not enough, u want more from philly? We're talking about freakin tmac here son, you lucky you get anybody decent back.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

we're not talking about T-mac. We're talking about $23 million dollars of Instant Cap relief.

We would be bailing out the 76ers for their bad signings. Yes We need more if we're going to pay a backup center $12 mil. next year.

1 person likes this.
  15. W-Mac

So you want to wait, and let our core talent keep getting older in hopes of landing the next D-Wade in the draft?

16. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I agree with anyone who thinks we should wait. Why are some of you in such a rush? It is not like adding someone like AI or Bosh will get us a ring anyways. We should focus this season on developing our assets as we have nothing else to go for this season.

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I agree. We hold the cards here, IMO. We don't have to make the trade, as everyone knows. We're taking a huge cap hit if we do, with Sam included. They want some of our young talent? We decide who they get, the Sixers give us the dollars allowed in a trade ($3 million) to offset the trade kicker, and we get a future #1 pick with limited protection, plus, we get a young talent from them, someone we could use. They don't like it? Go talk to someone else.

Hey, I enjoyed writing that! ;)

18. W-Mac

How is Iguodala a bad signing? Dalembert I can see, but he only has 1 more year on his deal. Who says he'll be a backup? Is Yao coming back healthy? Even with Yao, will he be able to stop the pick and roll in the playoffs? He hasn't shown that he can stop it yet, and you know teams will go at him all day. Why not get an athletic C that can rebound, block shots, and has the ability to somewhat defend on the perimeter?

19. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

you're either moving forward, or you're moving backward.

theres not much more to learn about the players we have on the roster this year.

besides, morey must make a lux-tax move at least, so there is definitely something on the horizon. its just a matter of the scale of the move.

20. REEKO_HTOWN

I don't want to be the kings. But our young talent are not even close to turning 27.

I just don't want Morey to make a trade that makes just makes us good.

I want him to build a great team. If you keep trading away your talent for semi good stars you become....

The Phoenix suns.