1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Philly Inquirer] Trade rumors swirling around 76ers' Iguodala(McGrady)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsPimp, Jan 28, 2010.

1. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Right, because Andre Miller had no impact on that team. Good Lord, Andre is right when he said he was under appreciated in Philly.

2. towW

towW Member

Exactly he is Tmac part 2.

3. RocketMania1991

I'd take a healthy T-Mac over Iggy.

4. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

See Trades made for: Luis Scola, Bobby Jackson, Ron Artest, Kyle Lowry

Free Agents: Trevor Ariza (Value TBD)
    Noteable LOW RISK signings: Steve Francis, Brent Barry...

In an AWAY PLAYOFF game:
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dwFz0OF9Amk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dwFz0OF9Amk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

5. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Except a worse passer.

6. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I'd take a healthy Michael Jordan over either.

7. towW

towW Member

:confused:

8. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Oxymoron.

9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

martin has the 2nd highest (3rd highest among all players) true shooting percentage among active guards and he gets to the line a ton. you are cherry picking his stats since he is shooting like crap coming back from the wrist injury. i agree he doesn't do much else, but his shooting percentage is dominant and there really is no way around that.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

You forgot to add the dreaded "if healthy". Martin is good IF he is healthy. Same for T-Mac and Yao, etc. :cool: :p

11. I♥TheRockets

just curious as to what you think would happen if ariza was on the floor with aaron brooks (proven he can break any defense down with his speed, even the lakers), andre iguodala (can flat out get to the rim whether you like him or not), carl landry (starting to demand doubles) and that tall guy we got, u know... whathisname... YAO MING

just saying ... with iggy and sammy, we would have a squad even if we dont get the extra peices that are being mentioned as long as we dont lose much

to me that one trade puts us into the playoffs this year and makes us contenders next year

12. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

There's a thread about the salary cap that explains why we have to move McGrady so that we can keep our core over the summer.

13. I♥TheRockets

didnt see this, but yeah, took the words outta my mouth

14. Hball

Hball Member

Agreed, if Rockets start over paying for boderline star players they'll be stuck in mediocrity, a team that can never get over the hump by then it'll be too late because they'll have all their money tied up.

Rockets are doing things backwards, your suppose to get star players first then build around that not role players then try getting star players because by then most likely you will over pay for role players like their going to do with scola, landry and lowry.

15. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b-XdzbCGueQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b-XdzbCGueQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dwFz0OF9Amk&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dwFz0OF9Amk&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

16. hodgo

hodgo Contributing Member

Hey crew

I dont comment much and i dont see a hell of alot of games involoving other teams but to me we seem to e missing the picture. Iggy i believe would be a great slasher/allrounder next to yao. Isnt that really the purpose to find someone that can mesh with yao next year? What ever happens this year is just a bonus..

17. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

im sure one of these guys is involved

18. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Not necessarily.

I dont know whoelse is involved but i doubt the sixers will take Battier or Ariza so ill just show you the dept chart at SG and SF

SG: Iguodala/Buddinger/Taylor
    SF: Ariza/Battier

Its as simple as that.

19. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Ariza/Cook/Lowry for Iguodala? I could see Philly biting on that if they're sold on Ariza. I can see Houston doing it because Iguodala would replace Ariza, Cook is worthless, and Lowry is replaceable (arguably, however) by Conroy and/or Llull in 2 years.

I don't think the Rockets are sold enough on Conroy to lose Lowry or Brooks at this point, however.

20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

If this is true,I'm disappointed in the Rockets. Iguodala is a good player, but he has holes in his game. He is a low rank 2nd tier "star". We will get stuck with him and go no where. He is "fools gold".

Dalembert and he can get us in the 2nd round but not beyond that even with Yao and our supporting cast. Philly will undoubtedly ask for either Lowry or Brooks and possibly even our 1st rounder in return along with McGrady.